Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Search Results - Recent posts as of less than a minute ago
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 »
Showing 1 - 30 (100 results found)
Corbo   (reply) Posted by: KingstonMariner
Date Posted: 10 minutes ago
Quoted from Marinerz93

I think anyone with a brain who has watched countless war films know's that KingstonMariner, I don't know why you need confirmation from me, there again as you are a social bed-wetter maybe you need someone you look up to for confirmation, so yes baby cakes, no palms up is correct for the salute unless you are congratulating yourself as you usually do when you are banging one off to Antifa videos.

You social bed wetters who hate the UK so much should be grateful to the likes of the Paras who put themselves in harms way so you can cry into your pumpkin latte about how mean the world is to you and how because you don't get your own way, it's just not fair. You clowns slag the forces off but know

Click here to read more ...
MJ pre-Colchester interview   (reply) Posted by: The Old Codger
Date Posted: 10 minutes ago
I don’t see it as being out of order for Matt Dean to ask awkward questions. I often wish JT were more direct after games.

Similarly, in terms of achievement, I think it’s ok to ask about where we do stand compared to budget. If the limits of the budget is to be a mid table League 2 club then patience will run very thin...I remember Mr Day professing Championship football in 5 years and that was over a year ago!
Terrace Songs   (reply) Posted by: FishOutOfWater
Date Posted: 14 minutes ago
Quoted from Madeleymariner

Remember loads doing the conga around the stand when it was played at half time at an away match one night, think it might have been Rotherham when I think Mendonca scored but cant remember if he was playing for them or us at the time.

My first memory of this was at Hillsborough about the time the song was released....’82?

To be honest the singing that day was more memorable than the football 😉

Word Association Game   (reply) Posted by: KingstonMariner
Date Posted: 18 minutes ago
riot
MJ pre-Colchester interview   (reply) Posted by: devs
Date Posted: 20 minutes ago
Lew Chaterley's Lover is spot on - couldn't agree more
We are run like a 1970s fifedom - I'm of an age when I can remember people like Bob Lord at Burnley; ruling the roost  for the sake of 'ruling the roost' and seemingly oblivious to changes in the game etc

99% of success these days (and perhaps it's always been the case) is built upon investment, a bit of luck (Lincoln spring to mind with Cowleys being appointed and 'once-in-a- century' FA Cup run) and good management on and off the pitch... you have to keep moving forward and adapting to changes in the game

I think GTFC managers are under extra pressure - a large section of the supporters remember the 'glory days' under Buckley (Forest have same issu...

iFollow   (reply) Posted by: NorthLondonMariner
Date Posted: 39 minutes ago
Download a vpn, set your location as the usa. You can then pay $7 and watch it on Ifollow
Corbo   (reply) Posted by: Manchester Mariner
Date Posted: 41 minutes ago
Quoted from Marinerz93

I think anyone with a brain who has watched countless war films know's that KingstonMariner, I don't know why you need confirmation from me, there again as you are a social bed-wetter maybe you need someone you look up to for confirmation, so yes baby cakes, no palms up is correct for the salute unless you are congratulating yourself as you usually do when you are banging one off to Antifa videos.

You social bed wetters who hate the UK so much should be grateful to the likes of the Paras who put themselves in harms way so you can cry into your pumpkin latte about how mean the world is to you and how because you don't get your own way, it's just not fair. You clowns slag the forces off but know nothing of th

Fenty Out   (reply) Posted by: Marinerz93
Date Posted: 47 minutes ago
Quoted from chaos33
I can't wait for Mariner93 to steam in and react to that in a post that contains the word 'remoaner', and an amusing picture.

As requested chaos33.

MJ pre-Colchester interview   (reply) Posted by: wigworld
Date Posted: One hour ago
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis

We either need a "football fortune" or a board who know how to grow a business.

Something like a recent promotion, or sale of a striker to a championship club, maybe?
Terrace Songs   (reply) Posted by: Madeleymariner
Quoted from Belfast Town
This was always my favourite in the Pontoon back in the day.

Remember loads doing the conga around the stand when it was played at half time at an away match one night, think it might have been Rotherham when I think Mendonca scored but cant remember if he was playing for them or us at the time.
Corbo   (reply) Posted by: Marinerz93
Quoted from mariner91

At least try to have some semblance of facts in your posts. She’s not a Bangladeshi national, she has never even been to Bangladesh. She’s a particularly unintelligent and potentially dangerous individual who has clearly been brainwashed. On a personal level I don’t like the fact that she should be let in to the country. But unfortunately we can’t just flout international law to suck up to populist opinion. She should definitely face justice when let back, whatever shape that justice is, but we can’t just make her stateless because she’s a male private.

I am a firm believer that the justice given should match the crime committed. Her crime is joining a terrorist organisation that would have spre...

Terrace Songs   (reply) Posted by: Abdul19
Quoted from BarkerDan10

The first line of it is ‘Now that Ole is at the wheel’, I saw some talk on Twitter of Town fans using it and simply replacing ‘Ole’ with ‘Jolley’

Christ 🤢
Colchester (A) Predictions   (reply) Posted by: MarinerMart
Town 2-1 vernam . cardwell  4423
Notre Dame   (reply) Posted by: Marinerz93
Quoted from GYinScuntland
French police want to interview a yellow vest wearing bloke called Quasimodo.

He'll just blend into the crowd at Sincil male masturbation, they never spot him.

Notre Dame   (reply) Posted by: Marinerz93
Heritage destroyed but equally shocking is the amount of money pouring in from the mega rich, several chuck in 200 million, and it's eye watering the amount of money they are sat on and as sad as it is at the end of the day it is a building, the sort of money being thrown around if directed to those who need it could change people's lives dramatically, shape the social and economic landscape of whole towns and cities. although this tragedy has happened it has also exposed the gulf in those that have and those who don't.
Corbo   (reply) Posted by: mariner91
Quoted from Grim74

Begum is a Bangladeshi national send her back to that shithole with her own kind. As for the baby still not one shreD or evidence there was even a baby, she is scum pool after poll suggest the VAST magority of the country don’t want her back, only the deluded lefty’s.

She was an educated A grade student she went to join an enemy of the country she rejected everything we stand for I would drone the female dog no problem but again the minority libtards win the day just shows how copulated up and weak we are. Rant over.

At least try to have some semblance of facts in your posts. She’s not a Bangladeshi national, she has never even been to Bangladesh. She’s a particularly unintelligent and...

MJ pre-Colchester interview   (reply) Posted by: lew chaterleys lover
It's obvious the manager has hit the same brick wall that many other managers before him (and some players come to that).

The club is light years behind the rest of football in the 21st century, but a manager eager to make his way in the game would see a club with our tradition and history as a great first step, but then they come up against the immovable object of John Fenty and his "board."

We have no ambition, no plan, no investment and are basically stuck in a time warp unable to go forward. I feel for the manager, but the greater tragedy is that the board cannot even see that they are to blame for the clubs stagnation. They probably feel they are doing a good job. Laughable.
iFollow   (reply) Posted by: Les Brechin
Date Posted: 3 hours ago
Quoted from promotion plaice

Unfortunately it isn't  

GTFC Official site....

Next match 19 Apr 2019 15:00 (UK)
Colchester United v Grimsby Town

There is not a match pass available for this match.

Thought it might have been with it not being a Saturday game.
Corbo   (reply) Posted by: ska face
PARKLIFE!
Corbo   (reply) Posted by: Marinerz93
Quoted from KingstonMariner
I suspect Grim and Marinerz know what a proper Nazi salute is. No palm up eh lads. That'd be wrong.

Ska had it spot on when he said 'It always makes me laugh to see people cryarsing about people not abiding by our laws, but when the laws are applied they decide some people should be treated differently to suit the imaginary world in their head.'

They wouldn't give a excrement about the rule of law if it was their jackboot stamping on someone's face. Fascists don't like facts.

I think anyone with a brain who has watched countless war films know's that KingstonMariner, I don't know why you need confirmation from me, there again as you are a social bed-wetter maybe you need someone you look up ...

MJ pre-Colchester interview   (reply) Posted by: HertsGTFC
Date Posted: April 19, 2019, 10:45am
Quoted from RoboCod
when he asked Dave Burns “I’m sorry what’s your name?” after the Wycombe game and followed it up with “Pirlos wasn’t available for selection today” personally I think it’s quite funny.

Yes, that's humour. Not at all comparable to getting arsey with the local media as in this case. I'm hoping MJ was just having an offday so no storms/teacups to see here but I have the right to remain vigilant and see if the next step in the erosion of our once great club is happening, a fresh faced manager full of ideas and vigour slowly worn down by the out of date, disrespectful and frankly cantankerous Fenty board.

More unnecessary and distracting crankiness for a dismayed and jaded fanbase to digest

MJ pre-Colchester interview   (reply) Posted by: RoboCod
Date Posted: April 19, 2019, 10:33am
when he asked Dave Burns “I’m sorry what’s your name?” after the Wycombe game and followed it up with “Pirlos wasn’t available for selection today” personally I think it’s quite funny.

Yes, that's humour. Not at all comparable to getting arsey with the local media as in this case. I'm hoping MJ was just having an offday so no storms/teacups to see here but I have the right to remain vigilant and see if the next step in the erosion of our once great club is happening, a fresh faced manager full of ideas and vigour slowly worn down by the out of date, disrespectful and frankly cantankerous Fenty board.

More unnecessary and distracting crankiness for a dismayed and jaded fanbase to digest...
[...

MJ pre-Colchester interview   (reply) Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub
Date Posted: April 19, 2019, 10:33am
Quoted from HackneyHaddock
I feel sorry for him.  He's doing the best with limited resources and a club organisation that isn't very commercially-minded or fit for purpose.

That said, and even though we're on a bad run at the moment, we really do need to support him.  He's a young manager in his first full season managing a club.  It's a different skill set to just coaching players and teams within a wider structure, and though he managed in Sweden (part of a season) and had a ten game blitz with us last season, he's still getting used to things like managing and balancing a squad, conducting a transfer window and thinking about the next one, dealing with media, managing supporter expectations, working with a domi

Colchester (A) Predictions   (reply) Posted by: lukeo
Date Posted: April 19, 2019, 10:29am
1 1 vernam
4,134 290 Town fans
Colchester (A) Predictions   (reply) Posted by: Thedonisthedon
Date Posted: April 19, 2019, 10:25am
0-1 Dennis 3949 342 town.
Fenty Out   (reply) Posted by: Thedonisthedon
Date Posted: April 19, 2019, 10:22am
Quoted from moosey_club

Not sure the ground would fit onto the old Shell petrol station site.  

In the 60's there was lots of talk about this.
MJ pre-Colchester interview   (reply) Posted by: HertsGTFC
Date Posted: April 19, 2019, 10:12am
A thread about a storm in a tea cup...... posts above from Mariner 91 & Hackney Haddock are bang on for me.

MJ is a young manager making mistakes and learning his trade at a club with minimal resource, what do people inc the media expect? Much more experienced managers are equally as frank and make numerous mistakes throughout the season.

Remember MJs got a bit of form from last season like when he asked Dave Burns “I’m sorry what’s your name?” after the Wycombe game and followed it up with “Pirlos wasn’t available for selection today” personally I think it’s quite funny.

Over this season he’s done a decent job on the whole e.g. trying to build a squad that’s not completely based upon...

Corbo   (reply) Posted by: ska face
Date Posted: April 19, 2019, 10:07am
Quoted from Grim74

Begum is a Bangladeshi national send her back to that shithole with her own kind.

Born in England, raised in England but of Bangladeshi heritage. What would you say if someone born in England, raised in England but of Irish heritage - who had radicalised people into commiting terrorist murders - had their citizenship revoked, passport cancelled and were denied access to legal aid?

Because that's what could happen to your mate Stephen Yaxley-Lennon if someone in the government decided they fancied doing it.
Change/add-a-letter/remove-one Word Game thread...   (reply) Posted by: cmackenzie4
Date Posted: April 19, 2019, 10:06am
Alps
Word Association Game   (reply) Posted by: cmackenzie4
Date Posted: April 19, 2019, 10:06am
Race
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 »
Showing 1 - 30 (100 results found)

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.