Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Search Results - Recent posts as of less than a minute ago
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 »
Showing 1 - 30 (100 results found)
Is the United Kingdom a free country anymore?   (reply) Posted by: Marinerz93
Date Posted: 19 minutes ago
Quoted from ska face
Was the reporter from the tabloid on a suspended sentence for having already committed that crime?

Why did it take so long for the police to act? Probably for the same reasons they didn’t act in Rotherham, or in the Saville cases, or Westminster and thousands of other cases across the country - because of institutionalised sexism, a victim blaming culture and contempt for (predominantly) working class victims.

But you can’t say that because it makes you a yogurt-weaving, sandal-wearing, hemp-smoking lefty lunatic. Better to just blame the muzzers, eh?

The reports say the Police didn't act because they were frightened of being labelled racist or Islamophobic, something those bet wettin...

Click here to read more ...
Podge   (reply) Posted by: mirrorballman
Date Posted: 3 hours ago
Podge is fairly clear he didn't want that shared. I think you should remove the posts.
Podge   (reply) Posted by: toontown
Date Posted: October 22, 2018, 11:17pm
Podge is such a top bloke, such a shame he was allowed to leave when we got back to the league
Podge   (reply) Posted by: Ascend
Date Posted: October 22, 2018, 11:09pm
Quoted from supertown
Very decent of him to bother with those lengthy replies . It was  all clearly very badly handled and half the problem is bloody agents the other half is business people running clubs with no man management skills

Yes I thought so.

Only shared it now on the basis that it’s water far under the bridge.

Been tempted to share it many times prior to this

I sort of figured that I’ve waited to publish it for a period long in excess of the contract period they offered Podge, so why not.
Podge   (reply) Posted by: supertown
Date Posted: October 22, 2018, 11:05pm
Very decent of him to bother with those lengthy replies . It was  all clearly very badly handled and half the problem is bloody agents the other half is business people running clubs with no man management skills
Podge   (reply) Posted by: Mariner_09
Date Posted: October 22, 2018, 11:01pm
It was just an amazing feeling because everything seemed against us. That was a completely one-off team, a group of individuals that we were lucky to be involved in and I don't think we'll ever get that again.

What we have at Newport at the minute is close regarding the lads and the bond with the management, but it's still miles off Hursty (then Grimsby manager Paul Hurst) and the rest of the lads.

The words of Podge. Thanks everybody involved for making sure that our club returned to its seeming natural level of general pathetic performances both on and off the pitch! You never knew Fenty did you what you had and how good it was at the time. Hurst's the only manager in my lifetime who genuinely galvanised the club an...

Date Posted: October 22, 2018, 10:47pm
That’s all. But the facts as far as Podge was concerned

Great player for us, and I for one would have loved to see him play in our first season back in the football league
Date Posted: October 22, 2018, 10:45pm
Podge third and final message same date in 2016:-

FYI no cooling off period b cause football is a different industry than a lot.

I've spoke to Paul and all is good and I understand why he has said what he did. He is under enough pressure from supporters that he doesn't need to deal with much stuff hence why I haven't gone public with it because I respect him and the club. All I have said publicly is facts because I was getting a bit of abuse and people think I left for money. I didn’t
Date Posted: October 22, 2018, 10:40pm
Podge 2nd message same date in 2016:-

Thanks for the reply and for not sharing it as if you were to it would open up a can of worms for both parties and neither wants that to happen. Paul is a brilliant manager and I have so much respect for him. The club I have signed for don't actually pay agent fees so my agent hasn't got a penny from them.

My agent represents a couple of players that were at Grimsby last year and he has told me he's not happy with how Paul dealt with things that he tried contacting him about me and the others players and he got nothing back. Paul did sent me a message saying I'd rather deal with you rather than your agent but at the end of the day what's the point in me having an agent if a manage...

Podge   (reply) Posted by: ska face
Date Posted: October 22, 2018, 10:38pm
You all read that in an Irish accent, didn’t you?
Podge   (reply) Posted by: promotion plaice
Date Posted: October 22, 2018, 10:35pm

It could possibly get "The Fishy" shut down again but it will be worth it  
Podge   (reply) Posted by: arryarryarry
Date Posted: October 22, 2018, 10:34pm
Quoted from LH
This is going to be an anticlimax.

That's a coincidence, it's just what the wife said to me last night.
Change/add-a-letter/remove-one Word Game thread...   (reply) Posted by: cmackenzie4
Date Posted: October 22, 2018, 10:34pm
Priced
Date Posted: October 22, 2018, 10:33pm
First message from Podge 26 June 2016:-

I will speak to you on this because I'm not getting into a big conversation with other fans as I'm back in Ireland for last few days with my family before pre season starts. I would really appreciate if you didn't screen shot this and send it around as I'm being man enough to answer your questions. I was offered a 2 1/2 year deal in January  that if I accepted would have been at the end of the season but would have started straight away hence the confusion with the 2 years and 2 1/2 year. I rejected the deal as we were uncertain in the league and manager was under pressure at the time too and also close to joining another club by the sounds and looks of it and also I didn't want t...

Podge   (reply) Posted by: LH
Date Posted: October 22, 2018, 10:32pm
This is going to be an anticlimax.
Podge   (reply) Posted by: oochiad
Date Posted: October 22, 2018, 10:32pm
Yes please do, sounds like it’ll make good bedtime reading
Word Association Game   (reply) Posted by: cmackenzie4
Date Posted: October 22, 2018, 10:31pm
Wobble
Podge   (reply) Posted by: ska face
Date Posted: October 22, 2018, 10:30pm
Just get it fuckin posted ffs
Date Posted: October 22, 2018, 10:26pm
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Who are you? Why would you be party to information like that?

I’m merely a supporter who tweeted a question or two when Podge left. He direct messaged me in a lot of detail

I sort of think he asked me not to say anything hoping I would if you know what I mean. Like a stool pigeon. But I decided to say nothing
Podge   (reply) Posted by: KingstonMariner
Date Posted: October 22, 2018, 10:19pm
Quoted from Ascend
Question:

Do you think sufficient time has now passed since Podged departure, for me to share lengthy messages from him to me, explaining the exact reasons why he left?

I did assure him at the time that I wouldn’t share it, but sort of feel that it would be okay to now, given that it was years ago.

What do you think ?

Who are you? Why would you be party to information like that?
Podge   (reply) Posted by: promotion plaice
Date Posted: October 22, 2018, 10:17pm
Quoted from Ascend
Question:

Do you think sufficient time has now passed since Podged departure, for me to share lengthy messages from him to me, explaining the exact reasons why he left?

I did assure him at the time that I wouldn’t share it, but sort of feel that it would be okay to now, given that it was years ago.

What do you think ?

Best ask Podge if it's alright.

FA Cup 2018/19   (reply) Posted by: KingstonMariner
Date Posted: October 22, 2018, 10:16pm
Switched on Five Live at 7 as I was in the car and it was all Arsenal,bantz with Wrighty, to be followed by more on the Mourinho soap opera and the Chumps League. BBC disrespecting the oldest football competition as usual. C-units!
Date Posted: October 22, 2018, 10:14pm
Question:

What do you think ?
Podge   (reply) Posted by: fishboyUTM
Date Posted: October 22, 2018, 10:10pm
The board clearly didn't cover themselves in glory. I'd heard certain board members were claiming he didn't score many against the top sides in the Conference. He scored 37 goals that season, THIRTY SEVEN.

In their defence, I also heard Amond was looking to get away pretty much as soon as he signed for the club. But if it's true we wouldn't offer him a two year deal when he's banged in 37 goals for us, it's madness.
Podge   (reply) Posted by: Rodley Mariner
Date Posted: October 22, 2018, 10:05pm
Think that clears up any suggestion he didn't like PH and that's why he left.
Podge   (reply) Posted by: HertsGTFC
Date Posted: October 22, 2018, 10:02pm
Quoted from The Old Codger
Still saying nice things about his time here

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sp.....Ireland-hurling.html

It’s nice to hear and makes me really fukin angry as well, not angry at Podge but just that fact we really ballsed things up since coming up.

Clearly despite popular opinion it looks like it wasn’t Hurst that pushed Podge away it was our skin flint board.

Podge   (reply) Posted by: KingstonMariner
Date Posted: October 22, 2018, 9:58pm
Re-signing him would be a second coming unequalled since Matt Tees (sorry Grovesy)
Word Association Game   (reply) Posted by: KingstonMariner
Date Posted: October 22, 2018, 9:56pm
Jellyspoon
Twitter Stats   (reply) Posted by: jamesgtfc
Date Posted: October 22, 2018, 9:52pm
Quoted from moosey_club
My own interpretation of our season thus far based on my own data ...

we dont threaten from set pieces of any sort
we dont have many shots on target
we dont win many penalties as we are not in the opposition box enough
hence...
we dont score many goals
& our defensive performances fluctuate wildly

All of the above indicate to me that without a major shift in the first 4 items we wont be rapidly climbing the table anytime soon.

I would imagine that checking Lincoln's stats they have converted a decent number of set pieces into goals...i think in their big win a couple of weeks back they got 4 goals from corners alone.

The point in...

FA Cup 2018/19   (reply) Posted by: H19P1
Date Posted: October 22, 2018, 9:45pm
This is our year 😆
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 »
Showing 1 - 30 (100 results found)

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.