Please login or register.
Search Results - Recent posts as of less than a minute ago
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 »
Showing 1 - 30 (100 results found)
Dembele to Peterborough   (reply) Posted by: Kris2
Date Posted: 7 minutes ago
Quoted from rancido

[/b]

I assume it was MJ that triggered the year extension to his contract. If that is the case then he must have thought he could achieve something with Dembele. All water under the bridge now so good luck to the lad and we got a nice tidy sum plus a sell on clause.

Or he knew he wanted out and it was triggered so we could get a fee and not let him go for nothing.
Warrington departs   (reply) Posted by: Grantley
Date Posted: 18 minutes ago
Quoted from moosey_club

Coming up to retirement age now and hung his gloves up in 1998...not sure he would be suitable for the task....but i believe he still lives locally so fits the MJ brief.

Are you being serious?
Dembele to Peterborough   (reply) Posted by: KingstonMariner
Date Posted: 24 minutes ago
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
Let's just take the money and move on.
MJ is building a group who want to play for us. We don't want anybody who is not committed to the team.
There is no I in team.

But there is an M and an E. ME  
Word Association Game   (reply) Posted by: KingstonMariner
Date Posted: 26 minutes ago
polkka
Dembele to Peterborough   (reply) Posted by: Reverendmariner
Date Posted: 58 minutes ago
I'm sorry to see him go. He was by no means the finished article and had a lot to learn, but he was exciting to watch. I can't see him being at Peterboro for more than a year or so, and let's hope that we have a sell-on clause. Good luck to him, I wish him well.
Cook Signs   (reply) Posted by: forza ivano
Date Posted: One hour ago
I wonder whether he might spend some of the budget on Jason gilchrist who he had at burnley and who has been scoring goals for fun with fcum and southport.plus either Simeon Jackson or a forward of similar experience and ability
Dembele to Peterborough   (reply) Posted by: The Old Codger
Quoted from rancido

[/b]

I assume it was MJ that triggered the year extension to his contract. If that is the case then he must have thought he could achieve something with Dembele. All water under the bridge now so good luck to the lad and we got a nice tidy sum plus a sell on clause.

From his interview in February, he clearly had his sights set on bigger things. The only reason the extension was triggered was to ensure we got a fee.
Warrington departs   (reply) Posted by: moosey_club
Quoted from sam gy
Three words:

BRING

BACK

STEVIE

Coming up to retirement age now and hung his gloves up in 1998...not sure he would be suitable for the task....but i believe he still lives locally so fits the MJ brief.
Word Association Game   (reply) Posted by: cmackenzie4
Dance  
Change/add-a-letter/remove-one Word Game thread...   (reply) Posted by: cmackenzie4
Threshers
Cook Signs   (reply) Posted by: arryarryarry
Quoted from cannylad68
Don't you think it's better to wait and see regarding these new signings, heaping praise on them before kicking a ball is plain daft.

I fully agree, that's why I rarely come on and post comments such has he's a great signing or he is a fantastic manager.

Let's wait and see how we do.
Cook Signs   (reply) Posted by: arryarryarry

Rather than taking as gospel, something that 'Keith' says, how about a quote from his former manager:-

Luton manager Nathan Jones said: “People have to realise is Jordan came here as a striker or a number ten, and to be fair, because of how good a footballer he is and how good an athlete he is, we played him pretty much through the diamond.

“How he was in training, I can assure you there’s not a better footballer at our club and he added to everything, as the way we train, the way we develop, we need a good environment, Jordan added to that.

“Yes, he could have shown more in terms of when he did get his chance in the position, but to be fair to him, we had ones who we pre

Click here to read more ...
England v Panama Predictions   (reply) Posted by: TownSNAFU5
England 4 Panama 0

Kane 2, Maguire and Lingard.
Big Chris   (reply) Posted by: moosey_club
Quoted from lukeo
Get well soon bud. Anyone know whats up?

The doctors finger  
Cook Signs   (reply) Posted by: sam gy
Not for one moment getting carried away here, but remember how Buckley used to sign players that no one had heard of, cast offs from other clubs, because he knew they could play a certain role in a certain way, and could form part of a cohesive unit?

That.
DC stays   (reply) Posted by: Maringer
Date Posted: 2 hours ago
At his age, I reckon Collins will need to keep playing to get his fitness to the required level, so I'd expect him to be a regular starter. Not sure I'd have kept him for another season but let's hope his experience is enough to keep him at the required level of performance.

If it ends up that he's kept out by other players, a decent option on the bench in case of injury/suspensions.
Dembele to Peterborough   (reply) Posted by: IlkleyMariner
Let's just take the money and move on.
MJ is building a group who want to play for us. We don't want anybody who is not committed to the team.
There is no I in team.
Dembele to Peterborough   (reply) Posted by: rancido
Quoted from Bigdog
I think he could do well at Peterborough next season..

Would liked to have seen what Jolley could have got out of him..

Cook Signs   (reply) Posted by: Garth
Date Posted: 3 hours ago
Seems to me that the manager is looking for certain players to slot into his mindset of a young strong minded team rather than going for the obvious.
Time will be the judge, to me it's a refreshing approach
Dembele to Peterborough   (reply) Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub
Quoted from KingstonMariner
He's the only Town player who made me stand up, even when I was already stood at Accy last season.

Good luck to the lad. Can't stand all this Jilted John 'good riddance' stuff. Don't let your jealousy make you nasty boys.

Agree with this. In natural ability he was probably the best at the club by a street but he didn’t understand the demands of the game. So, early on he was playing for fun then it got serious during the bad run, his fitness was dodgy for a while too and he struggled. He obviously did not want another dose of that and wanted to play with better players. Another season here though and perhaps we could have had a real gem and been talking of a 7 figure sale in June 2019.

DC stays   (reply) Posted by: Garth
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Hold your horses on this one, there has to be a reason the club removed the post off the OS in such a fast and efficient manner.
I'm starting to think someone jumped the gun with a pre written statement about Collins signing a new contract and what worries me is there another pre written statement about him leaving and they're waiting to see which statement should be realised to the supporters...

Released even
DC stays   (reply) Posted by: Northbank Mariner
Hold your horses on this one, there has to be a reason the club removed the post off the OS in such a fast and efficient manner.
I'm starting to think someone jumped the gun with a pre written statement about Collins signing a new contract and what worries me is there another pre written statement about him leaving and they're waiting to see which statement should be realised to the supporters...
World Cup 2018 Games Live on TV   (reply) Posted by: Rick12
Date Posted: June 23, 2018, 9:43am
Quoted from promotion plaice

Also tops the list of being up his own @rse......even more than Ronaldo.

Ive always liked him though as a person.Warm and funny. Xavi who played with him at Barcelona said similar
Cook Signs   (reply) Posted by: wiggers
Date Posted: June 23, 2018, 9:33am
What I like most about this signing and all other signings so far is we are getting business done early ready for pre season. I don’t know much about any of the signings made but I never do, I will reserve my judgement until they’ve played a number of games in a Town shirt. I just feel the last few seasons we’ve been scratching around right at the end of the summer trying to fill the gaps within the squad. So looking forward to the season kicking off!
World Cup 2018 Games Live on TV   (reply) Posted by: promotion plaice
Date Posted: June 23, 2018, 9:30am
Quoted from Rick12
I think though for pure skill Ronaldinho tops them all

Also tops the list of being up his own @rse......even more than Ronaldo.

Best team of the Fishy era: No. 11   (reply) Posted by: Gainsbro_Mariner
Date Posted: June 23, 2018, 9:17am
Groves ???

Could we replace R.Smith with Lever when it’s done ? Can’t remember having the option to vote for him.

Can’t even give you one of those, Stace maybe ? But you wouldn’t have him over Grovesy
Cook Signs   (reply) Posted by: Black_and_White_Bear
Date Posted: June 23, 2018, 9:15am
Quoted from GrimRob
From the Fishy news site

https://thefishy.co.uk/story.php?id=8503373:

Luton fan "Keith", was less than enthusiastic about his team's former player. He told the Fishy: "Cook was a complete waste of space for us. Why on earth have you signed him? He isn't a striker. He's a midfielder who goes missing. Our manager Jones said he was the most skilful player on the training pitch but we never, never saw that in a match. Jones gave him every chance and he failed every time. It hasn't hit our message board (http://members.boardhost.com/lutonoutlaws) yet, but watch for their comments.

"Best of luck for next season. You look as though you are amassing a good squad bar Cook. Manager looks

Best team of the Fishy era: No. 11   (reply) Posted by: coddy60
Date Posted: June 23, 2018, 9:04am
Caldicott
Warrington departs   (reply) Posted by: Garth
Date Posted: June 23, 2018, 8:58am
The club is always greater than the sum of its players, I'm sure that warrow as Macca calls him can and will be replaced life goes on
Warrington departs   (reply) Posted by: Posh Harry
Date Posted: June 23, 2018, 8:57am
Quoted from topuphere666
Yea, if Macca only signed because of AW our issues are far greater than we ever thought. I would imagine JM has signed because he believe in what’s happening around the club currently and wants to be part of it after a very up and down 6 years with us.

I’m sure AW was only a tiny part of why Macca signed a new deal. A higher wage (I assume), a 3 year deal, and keeping his family settled in the area would have been far higher on his reasons to stay when you listen to his interviews.

As others have said, Warrington seems a good bloke, but how much has Macca improved in the last few years? Probably a bit but he has always been a superb shot stopper, his weakness has always been commanding his box,...

4 Pages 1 2 3 4 »
Showing 1 - 30 (100 results found)

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.