Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  The New Fishy  /  
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, April 9, 2024, 1:26pm
Just been looking at a few web cams in the Harrogate area and it looks like they have had a lot of rain with standing water. Knowing how poor they are at maintaining their pitch and keeping fans updated is there any chance of the match being in doubt?
Posted by: pontoonlew, April 9, 2024, 1:30pm; Reply: 1
It’s absolutely belted it down for a good hour but it’s calming slightly, due to stop shortly so you’d imagine we’ll be fine
Posted by: chaos33, April 9, 2024, 1:45pm; Reply: 2
I’m 10 miles away and it’s been raining lightly all morning. It is due to stop soon and it is windy. I’d be surprised if it was called off but not astonished. We have had frequent rain in the area but most of it light.
Posted by: 800 (Guest), April 9, 2024, 1:50pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
Just been looking at a few web cams in the Harrogate area and it looks like they have had a lot of rain with standing water. Knowing how poor they are at maintaining their pitch and keeping fans updated is there any chance of the match being in doubt?

Harrogate Railway have a pitch inspection at 2pm.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, April 9, 2024, 1:54pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from 800

Harrogate Railway have a pitch inspection at 2pm.

Already called off:
Posted by: 800 (Guest), April 9, 2024, 1:59pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Already called off:

I can't remember an autumn/winter/spring like it for postponements.
Posted by: Poojah, April 9, 2024, 2:04pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from 800

I can't remember an autumn/winter/spring like it for postponements.

And yet remarkably, not one all season at BP (not even the usual August deluge). Have to say, not every ‘investment’ the club have made in the past 12 has come off, but I thought the pitch looked in fantastic condition at the weekend - better than virtually all in League Two and some if not most of League One.

Credit where it’s due.
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, April 9, 2024, 2:14pm; Reply: 7
Yet Harrogate railway played when our game was called of
Posted by: 800 (Guest), April 9, 2024, 2:35pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Poojah

And yet remarkably, not one all season at BP (not even the usual August deluge). Have to say, not every ‘investment’ the club have made in the past 12 has come off, but I thought the pitch looked in fantastic condition at the weekend - better than virtually all in League Two and some if not most of League One.

Credit where it’s due.

I watch a lot of non-league games and there have been postponements through waterlogged pitches since September. P***ing down in South Yorkshire. Guiseley off. Barton Town are struggling to get their home games on.
Posted by: lee65, April 9, 2024, 2:35pm; Reply: 9
I'm West of Selby and been very wet all day, but hopefully getting drier soon.

Dry, with high winds forecast for this evening in Harrogate  :-/
Posted by: neverapen, April 9, 2024, 2:42pm; Reply: 10
Boggy pitch, windy conditions - we're in for a treat tonight folks
Print page generated: May 18, 2024, 1:41am