Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  The New Fishy  /  
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, April 8, 2024, 5:47pm
Harrogate's average home gate is 2600 odd, their highest attendance of the season is 3900 v Bradford. If we take 1000+ (as per original ticket sales) it could be more like a home game with the racket we make and the importance of the game.

Hopefully that makes a difference.
Posted by: Poojah, April 8, 2024, 5:52pm; Reply: 1
Didn’t we once have an end and two sides at Alfreton?
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, April 8, 2024, 6:00pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Poojah

On This Day In GTFC History recently posted a video of that (well, I think it was that game).
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, April 8, 2024, 6:01pm; Reply: 3
I think Histon was another game we outnumbered the home fans.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, April 8, 2024, 6:06pm; Reply: 4
This season we had half the ground at Slough in the FA Cup and they had a record attendance.

The only positive to take from that game.
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, April 8, 2024, 7:00pm; Reply: 5
I’ll be there. Get behind the lads and get this dreadful season behind us with a win.
That will surely be decisive
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, April 8, 2024, 7:43pm; Reply: 6
I didn't think we had as many as 1000 tickets for tomorrow - more like 700 though might be wrong. Suspect it will be a really poor home gate now their play off chances are gone plus two English teams on the box in the champions league and Leeds at home as well.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, April 8, 2024, 8:46pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
I didn't think we had as many as 1000 tickets for tomorrow - more like 700 though might be wrong. Suspect it will be a really poor home gate now their play off chances are gone plus two English teams on the box in the champions league and Leeds at home as well.

It's also late night and happy hour at Betty's Tea Room.

Posted by: pontoonlew, April 8, 2024, 8:49pm; Reply: 8
Think it’s vital the away end is bouncing tomorrow, never know what you’re going to turn up to on our away games in terms of atmosphere but tomorrow really needs to be a loud one.
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, April 8, 2024, 8:57pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

DA in the pre-match is talking about the away fans being “the best in the league” and “others from big clubs might take more - but they are jumping on bandwagons”.

I saw 1,038 tickets allocated and sold out.

Posted by: Hagrid, April 8, 2024, 9:16pm; Reply: 10
Think away fans are spread over 2 stands arent they?
Posted by: Poojah, April 8, 2024, 10:02pm; Reply: 11
I’ve just learned that Harrogate’s home record is worse than ours. I found that quite surprising; we should certainly be looking take something tomorrow night. I’d take a point now.
Posted by: smokey111, April 8, 2024, 10:10pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Poojah
I’ve just learned that Harrogate’s home record is worse than ours. I found that quite surprising; we should certainly be looking take something tomorrow night. I’d take a point now.

The phrase 'snatch your hand off' springs to mind.
Posted by: chaos33, April 9, 2024, 3:39am; Reply: 13
Quoted from Hagrid
Think away fans are spread over 2 stands arent they?

Indeed. There is a new stand that accommodates standing supporters sort of to the side of the goal and up to the corner flag and then another that runs along the side of the pitch for maybe a third of its length. Both covered, if small.
Posted by: Captain Sensible, April 9, 2024, 9:38am; Reply: 14
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
I think Histon was another game we outnumbered the home fans.

And Welling 2014-15?
Posted by: Les Brechin, April 9, 2024, 12:08pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Captain Sensible

And Welling 2014-15?

Hayes & Yeading a couple of times too!
Posted by: bawarmy, April 9, 2024, 12:46pm; Reply: 16
I saw a lot of comments from other teams fans in our league hoping we go down.
The average away attendances according to the internet, of the bottom 4 are
Grimsby 1090
Colchester 286
Sutton 279
Forest Green 187

Makes me wonder why the teams who get low attendances including tonight's opponents, would be happy to lose around £15K - £20K on tickets alone on a matchday when we are the opposition.
We have such good supporters.
Posted by: Poojah, April 9, 2024, 12:50pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from bawarmy
I saw a lot of comments from other teams fans in our league hoping we go down.
The average away attendances according to the internet, of the bottom 4 are
Grimsby 1090
Colchester 286
Sutton 279
Forest Green 187

Makes me wonder why the teams who get low attendances including tonight's opponents, would be happy to lose around £15K - £20K on tickets alone on a matchday when we are the opposition.
We have such good supporters.

Funny you say that, because from what I’ve seen it’s mostly the opposite. I think most decent fans of other clubs generally get we are a decent bunch who bring a lot more to the EFL than a good number of its current inhabitants.
Posted by: 800 (Guest), April 9, 2024, 1:26pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Poojah

There were plenty of Town fans in the home bit too. I saw them without colours while waiting for the turnstiles to open. I'd gone down to the ground early to get a programme. Recognised plenty of them!
Posted by: neverapen, April 9, 2024, 1:32pm; Reply: 19
DA's quote is spot on, we are the best in the league and I might be biased but probably the EFL.

Apparently some of the wider Artell family are going along tonight, lets also make some noise in support of them too
Posted by: mariner91, April 9, 2024, 1:47pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from neverapen
DA's quote is spot on, we are the best in the league and I might be biased but probably the EFL.

Apparently some of the wider Artell family are going along tonight, lets also make some noise in support of them too

Wouldn't go as far as that but it is remarkable how much the fans have stuck by the club considering we've had two decades of mostly crap.
Print page generated: May 17, 2024, 7:24pm