Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  The New Fishy  /  
Posted by: Madeleymariner, March 21, 2024, 10:05am
Roadworks on flyovers. Will be arriving Grimsby around 10.45 sat morning, how bad might it be, or have they got them sorted yet. Feedback much appreciated :)
Posted by: Brazilnut, March 21, 2024, 10:12am; Reply: 1
Not that bad mate    bit of queuing to get into contraflow  takes 10 mins or so weekday   Saturday may be easier
Posted by: diehardmariner, March 21, 2024, 10:16am; Reply: 2
Dunno about the roadworks coming in on the 180 but travelling in yesterday morning from the A46 was a joke as soon as you get off Laceby Bypass at Morrisons roundabout.  Roadworks at Bradley Crossroads with the two lanes filtering into one.  Perhaps coincidence but tailback up to Grimsby College was worse than usual too.

Just a word of caution for anyone coming in that way. Might not be the case by Saturday but if it is I'd suggest it might be worth adding a little in terms of miles and going through Barnoldby Le Beck and Waltham rather than down Laceby Road/Weelsby Road.
Posted by: Maringer, March 21, 2024, 10:22am; Reply: 3
There is a big sign on King's Road warning of congestion on the A180 due to roadworks - "Use alternative route" - so they are deliberately funnelling traffic onto the A46 as well. Joined-up thinking, that.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, March 21, 2024, 10:22am; Reply: 4
Thanks for that as was considering coming in on the A18 then Laceby/Weelsby Rd, think I will just stick with the roadworks.
Posted by: Heisenberg, March 21, 2024, 10:30am; Reply: 5
Quoted from Madeleymariner
Thanks for that as was considering coming in on the A18 then Laceby/Weelsby Rd, think I will just stick with the roadworks.

Those bridge works are in place, get this, until “autumn”.

Bear in mind the Corpo Bridge debacle has escalated from the planned 11 months until “f#ck knows when”. I expect the flyover works to be a nightmare well into next season, on that basis.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, March 21, 2024, 10:34am; Reply: 6
Its anmazing how long it takes to complete any project. was in Spain one year and had the last 45 miles to destination on windy hilly roads. 10 months later same place nearly 100 miles of near straight dual cariageway built, and thats a nation that takes a 3 hour break at lunch. ??)
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, March 21, 2024, 11:29am; Reply: 7
Who do I get permission from to land a helicopter on BP from on Saturday.   ;D ;D ;D
Posted by: smokey111, March 21, 2024, 12:03pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
Who do I get permission from to land a helicopter on BP from on Saturday.   ;D ;D ;D

Not allowed Mr Fenty
Posted by: LH, March 21, 2024, 12:12pm; Reply: 9

No-one. Fly down the Humber and make a mayday call for a technical problem. Radio to say you can see a good area to land so you’re going to land there as an emergency. You’ll even get a load of emergency service workers to welcome you down with blankets and warm drinks.
Posted by: Poojah, March 21, 2024, 1:01pm; Reply: 10

When has flying to and from a football ground in a helicopter ever gone wrong?
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, March 21, 2024, 3:27pm; Reply: 11

Sunak
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, March 21, 2024, 6:00pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Madeleymariner
Its amazing how long it takes to complete any project. was in Spain one year and had the last 45 miles to destination on windy hilly roads. 10 months later same place nearly 100 miles of near straight dual carriageway built, and thats a nation that takes a 3 hour break at lunch. ??)

I was witness to something like that by a road laying crew in Menorca. Not on the same scale, but we were travelling to one of the resorts in the north when we came across traffic lights, which was rare in itself. After a 10-minute wait we proceeded a mile down the road, with the whole of the other side of the road had been removed and machinery was waiting to relay the tarmac. 3 and a half hours later we returned by the same route and all signs of the road crew were gone, and they had relayed AND re-painted the whole 1-mile section.
Posted by: The Yard Dog, March 21, 2024, 7:19pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from smokey111

Not allowed Mr Fenty

You will have to use Ross House.
Print page generated: May 9, 2024, 11:09pm