Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  The New Fishy  /  
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, March 11, 2024, 3:27pm
Planning to go on 29th. Seem to remember hearing the view is almost Kings Lynnn in its shitness from the terracing, is that the case? Are the seats better?
Also hoping to call in at the Penrith Tea Rooms for some Cake, can anyone recommend?
Posted by: DB, March 11, 2024, 3:33pm; Reply: 1
I seem to recall that 1 or 2 allegedly had problems with Weatherspoons in Barrow.
Posted by: ska face, March 11, 2024, 3:47pm; Reply: 2
Would be good to get some ticket news on this one. You only get 650 tickets at Barrow & I can see these going quickly given it’s Good Friday.
Posted by: Yossarian, March 11, 2024, 4:01pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
Planning to go on 29th. Seem to remember hearing the view is almost Kings Lynnn in its shitness from the terracing, is that the case? Are the seats better?
Also hoping to call in at the Penrith Tea Rooms for some Cake, can anyone recommend?

Demand to have cake and fine wine

Posted by: Limerick Mariner, March 11, 2024, 4:24pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Yossarian

Demand to have cake and fine wine

Will you read poetry stained by butter drips from crumpets as well?

Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, March 11, 2024, 4:30pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

Will you read poetry stained by butter drips from crumpets as well?

Provided there’s not too much Oomska round there, I do hope to.
Here’s to a delightful weekend in the country.
Posted by: Les Brechin, March 11, 2024, 4:37pm; Reply: 6
Wrap up warm, every time I've been to Barrow, it's been bloody freezing, even once when the rest of the country was in a mini heatwave!!
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, March 11, 2024, 4:38pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from DB
I seem to recall that 1 or 2 allegedly had problems with Weatherspoons in Barrow.

Well that’s a load of excrement for a start.
Posted by: LocalLadGTFC, March 11, 2024, 4:49pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from DB

1 or 2? Add a few 100 on to that  ;D
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, March 11, 2024, 5:36pm; Reply: 9

Provided there’s not too much Oomska round there, I do hope to.
Here’s to a delightful weekend in the country.

Thinking of staying in Ulverston on the Thursday night. I worked on the Morcambe Bay gas pipeline after Uni and had to deal with the farmers around those parts - their typical form of attire was a cowsh!t covered coat tied up with bailer bind and they spoke a language barely recognisable as English.
Posted by: kevikov, March 11, 2024, 5:59pm; Reply: 10

Thinking of staying in Ulverston on the Thursday night. I worked on the Morcambe Bay gas pipeline after Uni and had to deal with the farmers around those parts - their typical form of attire was a cowsh!t covered coat tied up with bailer bind and they spoke a language barely recognisable as English.

Pretty standard I think for farmers.
Posted by: denni266, March 11, 2024, 6:18pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Les Brechin
Wrap up warm, every time I've been to Barrow, it's been bloody freezing, even once when the rest of the country was in a mini heatwave!!

Sounds like Grimsby then
Posted by: paulmblythe, March 11, 2024, 7:27pm; Reply: 12
When anyone asks me what barrow is like I say it's like a larger version of Immingham with an asda
Posted by: Heisenberg, March 11, 2024, 7:51pm; Reply: 13

Ulverston - Stan Laurel’s birthplace. That’s a belting claim to fame, in my eyes.
Posted by: SouthLakesMariner, March 11, 2024, 9:03pm; Reply: 14

You’ll have better luck in the away end tomorrow night for advice on the Penrith Tea Rooms - but what I can tell you is that the Angel Lane Chippie in Penrith is pretty good.
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, March 11, 2024, 9:09pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from SouthLakesMariner

You’ll have better look in the away end tomorrow night for advice on the Penrith Tea Rooms - but what I can tell you is that the Angel Lane Chippie in Penrith is pretty good.

Top knowledge. I did know that the MK branch of the Penrith Tea Rooms is the one frequented by millionaires, I just prefer the artifice that it’s actually Cumbria.
Posted by: HerveJosse, March 12, 2024, 7:51am; Reply: 16
Quoted from paulmblythe
When anyone asks me what barrow is like I say it's like a larger version of Immingham with an asda

Don’t forget the radiation
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, March 12, 2024, 9:54am; Reply: 17

I think you may have got the area mixed up with h*ll!
Posted by: 800 (Guest), March 12, 2024, 10:24am; Reply: 18
Quoted from Les Brechin

First season in non-league. Dragged out of my garden anticipating 24c and sunshine and moaned all the way up as the temperature dropped and the sun disappeared.

I did get a bit of good humour back when we won 2 0 though.

The following season it chucked up down. I'd thankfully blagged my way under cover. They got a last minute equaliser.
Posted by: livosnose, March 12, 2024, 10:31am; Reply: 19

Miss Bletherhasset?
Posted by: Teestogreen, March 12, 2024, 5:56pm; Reply: 20
Last time I was in Wetherspoons - looked alright to me.
That West Brom left back we had on loan from Hull was class.
Anthony Elding got a double in one of the games.
The free scoring guy that went to Woking scored in another game as well ⚽️
Print page generated: May 9, 2024, 9:19pm