Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  The New Fishy  /  
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, March 8, 2024, 12:59pm
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0hhf64h
Posted by: Maringer, March 8, 2024, 1:34pm; Reply: 1
Amused by the dig at Cotterill's whinge.
Posted by: GrimPol, March 8, 2024, 2:24pm; Reply: 2
One thing was that DA said they had to be careful of Sutton.
If you look at Sutton, their drawers are 1:1 and losses by a single goal, they have been thumped 8:0 once but they are a steadier team than first looks show. Indeed Notts County got caught out and lost 4:3. We should win, but the approach should be more cautious than their position in the league indicates. UTM
Posted by: Hagrid, March 8, 2024, 2:55pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from GrimPol
One thing was that DA said they had to be careful of Sutton.
If you look at Sutton, their drawers are 1:1 and losses by a single goal, they have been thumped 8:0 once but they are a steadier team than first looks show. Indeed Notts County got caught out and lost 4:3. We should win, but the approach should be more cautious than their position in the league indicates. UTM

pretty arrogant comment considering we've won once this year and only once away all season

point would be fine
Posted by: GrimPol, March 8, 2024, 3:29pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Hagrid

pretty arrogant comment considering we've won once this year and only once away all season

point would be fine

Well, yes now you put it that way. However if we professionally apply ourselves, 3 points should be ours.
But I've said it before, I'm just not sure which team turns up to play. It was with PH and now DA, just when you think you've turned a corner, bad habits return.
Its a painful slog following Town. UTM
Posted by: chaos33, March 8, 2024, 5:29pm; Reply: 5
They need to win this game. I’d look to exploit that
Posted by: The Caterham Mariner, March 9, 2024, 9:08am; Reply: 6
Quoted from Hagrid

point would be fine

Arrogant yes or nervous confidence after Wimbledon  we took a point, lets hope we can take 3points before the next  few hard looking games ahead.
UTM
Posted by: buckstown, March 9, 2024, 9:20am; Reply: 7
Thought Sutton were unlucky not to win at Blundell Park earlier in the season. Their number 9 Smith was a pest all game and we'll need to be at it from the off
Posted by: Bawmariner, March 9, 2024, 9:33am; Reply: 8
Quoted from buckstown
Thought Sutton were unlucky not to win at Blundell Park earlier in the season. Their number 9 Smith was a pest all game and we'll need to be at it from the off

From what I remember we should have probably gone in at half time 2-0 up. We had a lot of pressure just before half time but conceded a soft goal on the break. Second half we didn't turn up and they missed a couple of decent chances.
Posted by: GrimRob, March 9, 2024, 10:12am; Reply: 9
Artell is putting his stamp on the club

Posted by: RonMariner, March 9, 2024, 1:16pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from GrimRob
Artell is putting his stamp on the club

He's aged well considering that photo was apparently taken in 1938.
Print page generated: May 10, 2024, 10:20am