Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  The New Fishy  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, March 4, 2024, 8:41pm

Latest after 38 mins (sky sports)

Sheff Utd 0-5 Arsenal

Arsenal are on for double figures at this rate.

Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, March 4, 2024, 9:03pm; Reply: 1
And the gulf, even in the premier league, just gets bigger and bigger.

It’s going to always be between a maximum of 10, realistically 7, who win the league season after season. It’s all down to money and how on earth can teams like sheff Utd. Luton, Bournemouth, Brentford and possibly Burnley and Forest realistically compete with it?

Posted by: grimsby pete, March 4, 2024, 9:04pm; Reply: 2
Sheffield United are leaking goals more than us this season.

Fans leaving from 15 minutes onwards.

I think we have sorted our problems out now well I hope we have.

BUT

United are on course for a record conceded in a season.

Good for the ones like me who don't care who wins as long as there are loads of goals. ;D
Posted by: Ashby mariner, March 4, 2024, 9:28pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

It’s going to always be between a maximum of 10, realistically 7, who win the league season after season. It’s all down to money and how on earth can teams like sheff Utd. Luton, Bournemouth, Brentford and possibly Burnley and Forest realistically compete with it?

Can't ever really see a team like Leicester doing what they did again.
Posted by: Running like emson, March 4, 2024, 9:31pm; Reply: 4
Arsenal fans singing ' are you Grimsby in disguise' is a bit harsh
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, March 4, 2024, 10:04pm; Reply: 5
We know how the United fans feel.

The promoted teams have struggled badly this season.  However, last season the 3 promoted teams managed to stay in the top division.  
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, March 4, 2024, 10:12pm; Reply: 6
I remember the old times....

"One nil to the Arsenal "

;D
Posted by: Abdul19, March 4, 2024, 10:22pm; Reply: 7
At least Luton are competitive, that was embarrassing.
Posted by: mimma, March 4, 2024, 10:30pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Running like emson
Arsenal fans singing ' are you Grimsby in disguise' is a bit harsh

on us!  ;)
Posted by: GollyGTFC, March 5, 2024, 7:57am; Reply: 9
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

I don’t think you can use Sheffield United as a fair example of the gulf in the PL.

Sheffield United sold 2 of their best players in the summer and signed nobody with any pedigree in the PL.

They didn’t even try to stay up. Their owner appears to have decided to bank the PL TV money and parachute payments and drop back in to the EFL.

If anything they’ve over achieved to be on 13 points.

Posted by: Hagrid, March 5, 2024, 9:35am; Reply: 10
Quoted from GollyGTFC

I don’t think you can use Sheffield United as a fair example of the gulf in the PL.

Sheffield United sold 2 of their best players in the summer and signed nobody with any pedigree in the PL.

They didn’t even try to stay up. Their owner appears to have decided to bank the PL TV money and parachute payments and drop back in to the EFL.

If anything they’ve over achieved to be on 13 points.

cant even him blame him really either, like you say, they havent even tried to be competitive
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, March 5, 2024, 10:45am; Reply: 11
Jamie Carragher said that he would not expect Arsenal to be 5-0 up at HT against a Div 2 team or NL team.

Well yes in the FAC.

However, has he not seen some of our first half performances at home in the league this season? 🙁🙁🙁
Posted by: diehardmariner, March 5, 2024, 11:47am; Reply: 12
Jamie Carragher hasn't watched a L2 or Conference game in his life.

As per usual, talking out of his elite level obsessed bottom.
Posted by: HerveJosse, March 5, 2024, 5:51pm; Reply: 13
I can think of anything worse then supporting a championship premier league yo yo club. Where is  pleasure in achieving promotion if you know your going to get battered every week and be down again in a years time.This part of the pyramid structure is broken and needs a rethink
Print page generated: May 10, 2024, 4:43am