Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  The New Fishy  /  
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 3, 2024, 11:36am
Accrington have sacked manager John Coleman after losing last 3 games.

I don't know some clubs are a bit quick to pull the trigger  :)
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, March 3, 2024, 11:39am; Reply: 1
Surprised given all he has done for that club over many years with I would guess a pretty low budget and fan base. Their geographical location would have helped recruitment but blokes done a fantastic job.
Posted by: Davec, March 3, 2024, 11:46am; Reply: 2
I believe his contract was up at the end of the season anyway and considering Andy Holt on twitter has recently been quite scathing of some of the recruitment by Coleman last season it seemed very unlikely his contract would have been renewed so it was always going to happen sooner rather than later I feel
Posted by: HertsGTFC, March 3, 2024, 11:49am; Reply: 3
In a weekend when Twitter has been a topic of conversation Andy Holt used it as a mouthpiece in his self appointed role as the champion of the small club. It’s worth noting that he’s deleted his account now.
Posted by: Mappers, March 3, 2024, 11:52am; Reply: 4
Wasn't there some sort of public disagreeement over their contracts a few months back ?

Andy Holt seems to come over as someone who is becoming less and less in love with the game and the way it's gone , probably years of propping up Accy is taking it's toll aswell.

I think the club is openly up for sale.
Posted by: diehardmariner, March 3, 2024, 4:10pm; Reply: 5
Holt's one of those people who I've tried to warm to, I like the majority of what he talks about and a lot of his footballing values align with mine.

But I largely find him insufferable and full of his own self-importance.  Probably an example of forming an unfair opinion of someone just on their Twitter posts.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, March 3, 2024, 4:16pm; Reply: 6
Clearly Holt didn’t think the long serving manager cut the mustard any longer.
Posted by: golfer, March 3, 2024, 4:27pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from diehardmariner
Holt's one of those people who I've tried to warm to, I like the majority of what he talks about and a lot of his footballing values align with mine.

But I largely find him insufferable and full of his own self-importance.  Probably an example of forming an unfair opinion of someone just on their Twitter posts.

I don't find you insufferable and full of your self importance but I am possibly an example of forming an  opinion of someone just on their Fishy posts.
Posted by: diehardmariner, March 4, 2024, 9:09am; Reply: 8
;D You're most likely in the minority there.
Posted by: crusty ole pie, March 4, 2024, 10:57am; Reply: 9
That’s my relegation bet sorted for next season
Print page generated: May 12, 2024, 12:28pm