Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  The New Fishy  /  
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, March 2, 2024, 6:42pm

Enjoy  ;D
Tweet 1763982091807576268 will appear here...
Posted by: 1mickylyons, March 2, 2024, 6:47pm; Reply: 1
Dunno what he's arsenal about they never laid a glove on us.
Posted by: It Bites, March 2, 2024, 6:48pm; Reply: 2
Tbf they are one of the best teams I’ve seen playing out from the back this season . They are also one of the worst teams in the final 3rd this season
Posted by: Yoda, March 2, 2024, 6:49pm; Reply: 3
They must of had 40 crosses into the box.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, March 2, 2024, 6:50pm; Reply: 4
Talking out his bottom as always, just couldn't hack the fact we out fought them, did them tactically and they didn't lay a glove on us, hope they enjoy NL, because that's where they belong.
Posted by: It Bites, March 2, 2024, 6:52pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Yoda
They must of had 40 crosses into the box.

They were all crap
Posted by: BulkyMariner, March 2, 2024, 6:55pm; Reply: 6
If you don't score let alone have a shot on target against us at home you must be excrement. Nice that the shoes on the other foot in terms of ridiculous manager statements this weekend
Posted by: BulkyMariner, March 2, 2024, 6:55pm; Reply: 7
If you don't score let alone have a shot on target against us at home you must be excrement. Nice that the shoes on the other foot in terms of ridiculous manager statements this weekend
Posted by: moosey_club, March 2, 2024, 6:58pm; Reply: 8
Relatively honest and fair aseessment...Better in two thirds of the pitch...better in possession....technically...organisational.....but ...I really can't recall a serious effort on goal for what was an otherwise fairly dominant display.

Not saying we were brilliant by any means, largely second-best other than the goals for column. 😁
Posted by: crusty ole pie, March 2, 2024, 6:58pm; Reply: 9
Cartwright never had a save to make lol
Posted by: Hagrid, March 2, 2024, 7:00pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from crusty ole pie
Eastwood never had a save to make

Did in the warm up I saw

Cartwright didnt in 94 mins though
Posted by: lowerfindus, March 2, 2024, 7:01pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from crusty ole pie
Eastwood never had a save to make

People generally don't try to shoot at the bench much.

Posted by: crusty ole pie, March 2, 2024, 7:05pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Hagrid

Did in the warm up I saw

Cartwright didnt in 94 mins though

Too much beer lol
Posted by: chaos33, March 2, 2024, 7:08pm; Reply: 13
Is there a link to DA post match? Can’t find anything.
Posted by: StacyColdicotts_hairline, March 2, 2024, 7:19pm; Reply: 14
you can see his frustration through out that interview ;D

i havent expressed my thoughta up to now as i have been taking in everyone elses opinion but i really do feel as if Artell set us up to defend in the 2nd half. We barely tried to do anything beyond sitting back and frustrating FGR.

Despite what Artell has said he knew he couldnt lose that game today. he was happy to defend that 1-0 lead
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, March 2, 2024, 7:22pm; Reply: 15
I guess if we were sitting in midtable there would be loads of moaning on here at DA and before that, PH, for that type of performance. Not the time to change things though. If three at the back plugs the huge leaks we’ve had we’ve got to persist with it.

Posted by: Calgary Mariner, March 2, 2024, 7:26pm; Reply: 16
Since when did 8 days become a week, they played Sat-Tues-Sat
Posted by: Abdul19, March 2, 2024, 7:30pm; Reply: 17
3 games in 170 hours doesn't roll off the tongue.
Posted by: SpiritOf98, March 2, 2024, 7:35pm; Reply: 18
From mid-December to 20th Jan FGRs record was: D L L D D L D
On taking over on Jan 25th, Cotterills records is L D L W L W D L
A couple of narrow 1-goal margin wins in there, but the rest show pretty much a team incapable of holding onto a lead and very definitely relegation form.

Familiar stuff. He's clearly used to setting up for tight games and he got one today. His team, however, failed to hit the target once. Wonder goal or not (I say not, just extremely well taken) we hit the target and complaining that he'll never  score one like that again is amateurish and embarrassing, moaning that his players didn't 'work the Town keeper enough' is just bizzarre given the match stats.
Posted by: fishcake63, March 2, 2024, 8:14pm; Reply: 19
No doubt the better side but the facts are we scored & they didn't test our goalie , he's bitter because they've missed a massive chance to close the gap
Posted by: Heisenberg, March 2, 2024, 8:38pm; Reply: 20
They were neat, but ineffective.

We were ugly and hardworking.

They absolutely were not as good as he says, and they wouldn’t have deserved to win if they had.
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, March 2, 2024, 8:45pm; Reply: 21
Even the 1 minute 57 seconds of sky highlights were boring.

I’ll take that every week to stay up.

Well done to our lads who scored early before FGR got too tired then defended like men possessed
Posted by: toontown, March 2, 2024, 10:12pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from Calgary Mariner
Since when did 8 days become a week, they played Sat-Tues-Sat

Errr... That's 8 days
Posted by: toontown, March 2, 2024, 10:17pm; Reply: 23
That's like when Artell was saying how good our stats were (for possession and passes) after we were 3 0 down against Stockport. Of course because they didn't even try and play in our final third except on the break as they took the obvious win. That was us to a lesser extent (the win wasn't obvious) today after we scored, we just held what we had and hit them on the break, their dominance in passing and possession was utterly irrelevant.

Exactly the same as us when Artell was spouting balderdash to try and cover up for getting hammered and cling on to his job
Posted by: Maringer, March 2, 2024, 10:18pm; Reply: 24
They played it through midfield nicely (though we defended deep in those situations), but their crosses weren't that good and they tried to play almost everything through their left winger who did nowt.

Saying they didn't work our keeper enough is bizarre when they didn't work him at all.

Three games in 8 days, though? Wowsers, can't believe professional athletes can be expected to do their jobs three times in 8 days. Sheer madness.
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 2, 2024, 10:27pm; Reply: 25
They had plenty of the ball but did not know what to do with it.
Posted by: CSLM, March 2, 2024, 10:36pm; Reply: 26
Think it's going a bit over the top saying they should've won but overall I'd be happy with that interview if I was a FGR fan. I think they may have a chance of catching Colchester.
Posted by: Poojah, March 2, 2024, 11:21pm; Reply: 27
To be fair, Cotterill was refreshingly honest when asked to reflect on how that interview had made him look.

Posted by: ginnywings, March 2, 2024, 11:48pm; Reply: 28
He was going barmy at the end of the the game, the fooking member.

His team were neat and tidy, but had nowt in the final third. We didn't even get to their final third much for the entire second half, but Cartwright could have put his kit straight back onto the peg without washing it, such was his workload today.
Posted by: Poojah, March 2, 2024, 11:55pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from ginnywings
He was going barmy at the end of the the game, the fooking member.

His team were neat and tidy, but had nowt in the final third. We didn't even get to their final third much for the entire second half, but Cartwright could have put his kit straight back onto the peg without washing it, such was his workload today.

Conversely Danny Rose barely had a clean inch of kit left on him, which says so much about his performance today. Barely had a touch in an attacking context and yet still put in an absolutely brilliant performance. Says so much about the lad.
Posted by: tashee69, March 2, 2024, 11:57pm; Reply: 30
I wonder what he had to say after the Wrexham & Tranmere games where they were battered but somehow got 4 points.
Posted by: toontown, March 3, 2024, 12:27am; Reply: 31
Quoted from Poojah

Conversely Danny Rose barely had a clean inch of kit left on him, which says so much about his performance today. Barely had a touch in an attacking context and yet still put in an absolutely brilliant performance. Says so much about the lad.

Absolutely this! Rose is such a hardworking top professional, where on earth would we be this season without him, has almost literally kept us with a shout of staying up in his own
Posted by: Mariner93er, March 3, 2024, 5:22am; Reply: 32
To be fair, we never layed a glove on them either, other than a cracking Rodgers goal that he'd probably never replicate if given 20 chances to. We also don't know how the game and our approach would have panned out if we hadn't scored early too, though. It did feel like we were happy and confident to defend rather than have any attacking ambitions.
Posted by: Freemoash88, March 3, 2024, 6:01am; Reply: 33
I think it was literally one of those games where both teams cancelled each other out and luckily enough it was us for once who got a goal and saw the game out.

The match was absolutely poor from both teams and in the past it'll be us who'd lose by by a scrappy goal after the opposition doing really nothing all game.

3pts to us and job done we move on
Posted by: kevikov, March 3, 2024, 10:45am; Reply: 34
Quoted from chaos33
Is there a link to DA post match? Can’t find anything.

Same.
Posted by: SpiritOf98, March 3, 2024, 11:02am; Reply: 35
Poor interview, and a poor attempt to deflect from his and his teams shortcomings, not just yesterday but over the season. Even with our frustrating lack of goals when we need them we've still managed 45 scored against their pitiful 34.
And even after out recent tonkings and 'entertaining' 5-5 draws we've conceded 60 to their 62.

Their problems are ongoing, yesterday looks to be a a culmination of the seasons problems wrapped up in a single game.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, March 3, 2024, 11:15am; Reply: 36
Quoted from Poojah
To be fair, Cotterill was refreshingly honest when asked to reflect on how that interview had made him look.

Like a sausage perhaps? A vegan one of course.

I think we gave them enough space, time & possession to enable them to play it around a bit, they played the better football but the best “team” won.
Posted by: JK47, March 3, 2024, 1:24pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from kevikov

Same.

https://marinerstv.co.uk/player/0_jd7er4pq
Posted by: Maringer, March 3, 2024, 1:27pm; Reply: 38
Humberside twitter had a link to the interview with John Tondeur. This should be it, I think:

https://t.co/BEmQd0nCoG
Posted by: RonMariner, March 3, 2024, 7:06pm; Reply: 39
If they cant manage a mid week game without being unable to be turn up fit  for the following weekend match they should pack it in now. Every other club in the EFL manages.
Print page generated: May 10, 2024, 12:18pm