Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  The New Fishy  /  
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, February 29, 2024, 12:12pm
Posted by: It Bites, February 29, 2024, 12:25pm; Reply: 1
Good interview. He’s looking relaxed again .
Posted by: pizzzza, February 29, 2024, 12:37pm; Reply: 2
I'm glad he waited 15 seconds to remind us once more that we have only lost one away since he has been here.
Posted by: Yoda, February 29, 2024, 12:44pm; Reply: 3
Yes but we get smashed at home every week.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, February 29, 2024, 12:50pm; Reply: 4
"The players are much more comfortable..."

Since you accepted we can't pass it around at the back?
Posted by: 1mickylyons, February 29, 2024, 12:54pm; Reply: 5
Can't lie he worries me.
Posted by: arryarryarry, February 29, 2024, 1:30pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from pizzzza
I'm glad he waited 15 seconds to remind us once more that we have only lost one away since he has been here.

I love a post that makes me spit my cup of tea out all over my keyboard ;D
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, February 29, 2024, 1:34pm; Reply: 7
Play the match under closed doors, we might win  ;D
Posted by: chaos33, February 29, 2024, 2:26pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
Play the match under closed doors, we might win  ;D

Under closed doors? In a cellar?
Posted by: DB, February 29, 2024, 2:57pm; Reply: 9
Matt Dean interview

bbc.in/49JE8QO
Posted by: DB, February 29, 2024, 3:19pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from DB
Matt Dean interview

bbc.in/49JE8QO

According to this, he has 3 players back from illness. Vernam is still out as are Maher and Glennon having been involved in the accident on the M62. Hopefully, he means at least Pyke, Thompson and Gnahoua will be back.

He didn't inspire me with confidence in both interviews and went over the top praising the fans. The fans know how good they are and how patient they have been at home games. Saturday is a true 6 pointer in anybody's books but he spoke little if anything about that.

He spoke of a 7,000 gate at BP but I think in reality it will not be more than 6,000 if we are lucky. The Donny gate was 7424 and Donny brought 1158, meaning the Town fans were only 6266. Given the bad performance against Donny, on top of those other dreadful home games, many ST may stay at home; also FGR will not bring as many as Donny.

What we need is a full house rocking but it is up to the players to put in performances at home to draw the fans in. Anything less than a win and JS should deliver Artells P 45 after the game. We need to be a L2 club next season, sentiments are out of the window and it's now a case of only results mattering.

Posted by: Hagrid, February 29, 2024, 3:36pm; Reply: 11
i think he knows he needs a result, but fair play to him, he didnt shy away from any questions. For all our sakes, 3 points would be so welcome
Posted by: arryarryarry, February 29, 2024, 3:47pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Hagrid
i think he knows he needs a result, but fair play to him, he didnt shy away from any questions. For all our sakes, 3 points would be so welcome

The questions from the club's own media person are always a bit bottom licking.
Posted by: arryarryarry, February 29, 2024, 3:49pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from DB
Matt Dean interview

bbc.in/49JE8QO

Link doesn't work for me.
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, February 29, 2024, 3:51pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from arryarryarry

Link doesn't work for me.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0hfs4xq

Posted by: TownSNAFU5, February 29, 2024, 3:52pm; Reply: 15
If we play under closed doors then we will have a very tight defence.   Very little will get through (for a change).
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, February 29, 2024, 3:52pm; Reply: 16
If we play under closed doors then we will have a very tight defence.   Very little will get through (for a change).
Posted by: Hagrid, February 29, 2024, 3:55pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from arryarryarry

The questions from the club's own media person are always a bit bottom licking.

Didnt listen to that one, always go for the Radio Humberside one
Posted by: RonMariner, February 29, 2024, 4:55pm; Reply: 18
Had to overestimate the importance of Saturday's game. In January 2021 we lost 3-1 at Scunthorpe. At the end of the season they finished 5 points ahead of us. Had we won that game, all other results being unchanged, they would have gone down instead of us. So these games really are six pointers.

I am not convinced by the argument that a draw would be an ok result. We need to win this. A six point gap over FGR, plus better goal difference and two games in hand gives us a real edge. In my opinion, if we stay ahead of FGR we stay up.  
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, February 29, 2024, 4:56pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from DB

He spoke of a 7,000 gate at BP but I think in reality it will not be more than 6,000 if we are lucky. The Donny gate was 7424 and Donny brought 1158, meaning the Town fans were only 6266. Given the bad performance against Donny, on top of those other dreadful home games, many ST may stay at home; also FGR will not bring as many as Donny.

What we need is a full house rocking but it is up to the players to put in performances at home to draw the fans in. Anything less than a win and JS should deliver Artells P 45 after the game. We need to be a L2 club next season, sentiments are out of the window and it's now a case of only results mattering.

Think it was the in-house interviewer who suggested ticket sales were approaching 7000 so maybe DA was just regurgitating that info when he spoke to Matt Dean.

Posted by: arryarryarry, February 29, 2024, 5:16pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Southwark Mariner

Cheers(thumbup1)
Posted by: Grimsby Is Not In Yorkshire, February 29, 2024, 5:17pm; Reply: 21

Why does Artell always look like he’s trying to stifle a massive belch?
Posted by: Marinerdeano, February 29, 2024, 5:24pm; Reply: 22
I actually think that's the best interview I've heard from DA. Very honest and you can see that he is a nurturing manager, yes still very much searching for the winning formula. Players nerves, emotions, concentration and willingness to die the for the cause at home crucial.
Posted by: HerveJosse, February 29, 2024, 5:55pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from pizzzza

Especially as its 2 not 1
Posted by: MuddyWaters, February 29, 2024, 9:18pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from HerveJosse

Especially as its 2 not 1

Only one in the league?
Posted by: arryarryarry, February 29, 2024, 10:59pm; Reply: 25
"Our underlying performances have been good"

"We deserve more points"

Is he on drugs or has he been watching a different team?
Posted by: Norseman, February 29, 2024, 11:56pm; Reply: 26
Steve Cotterill got FGR very hard to beat he said .Can you please do the same DA
Posted by: HarrogateMariner, March 1, 2024, 12:03am; Reply: 27
Won't be a popular opinion but I think he interviews very well. Honest answers, none of the cagey replies Hurst used to give. Good questions from Matt Dean and good replies. Yes have a go at him for our awful home form, but not sure how you can really criticise this interview. I actually feel for him a bit; he was obviously so keen to implement his style of play he stuck at it for far longer than he should. Now he has realised we don't have the players to play that way (and in my opinion we never will in this league) I do think we will start picking points up. Hopefully he has not left it too late.
Posted by: Poojah, March 1, 2024, 4:05pm; Reply: 28
Steve Cotterill. Forest Green travelled up yesterday.

Posted by: moosey_club, March 1, 2024, 7:49pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from Poojah

Anyone fancy a late night alarm call at Forest Pines..or Oaklands ?
Posted by: MuddyWaters, March 1, 2024, 8:21pm; Reply: 30
Here’s the Green pre FGR interview. Whatever you think of him as a player, there’s some good stuff in here…
https://bbc.in/3SUrlEp
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, March 1, 2024, 8:30pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from Poojah

Clearly answered that job interview question very assertively…

Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, March 2, 2024, 1:13am; Reply: 32
Quoted from pizzzza

You can’t blame the guy for clinging onto the few positives really!

There must be something in the difference in form home and away - is it players just can’t perform to an expectant home crowd? Is it that simple? 🤷‍♂️
Posted by: toontown, March 2, 2024, 11:44am; Reply: 33
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Here’s the Green pre FGR interview. Whatever you think of him as a player, there’s some good stuff in here…
https://bbc.in/3SUrlEp

Good interview from Greeny that tbf
Posted by: GrimRob, March 2, 2024, 12:08pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from pizzzza

I am still waiting for the BP fortress he aspired to in his first interview.
Print page generated: May 9, 2024, 9:58pm