Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  The New Fishy  /  
Posted by: Epworth Mariner, February 27, 2024, 1:54pm
On twitter … not sure if it’s true?

Former Aston Villa striker Caleb Chukwumeka has agreed to sign for Grimsby Town on a deal until the end of the season.

The striker, who has also played for Northampton Town has an additional year clause in his contract.

Chukwumeka has been on trial at the club for the past two weeks.

#gtfc #mariners #avfc
Posted by: Hagrid, February 27, 2024, 1:58pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from Epworth Mariner
On twitter … not sure if it’s true?

Former Aston Villa striker Caleb Chukwumeka has agreed to sign for Grimsby Town on a deal until the end of the season.

The striker, who has also played for Northampton Town has an additional year clause in his contract.

Chukwumeka has been on trial at the club for the past two weeks.

#gtfc #mariners #avfc

It'd be a free agent as you cant sign loans

its also from a notoriously stupid and balderdash twitter account so think it ends there
Posted by: Maringer, February 27, 2024, 1:59pm; Reply: 2
Unattached and (marginally) more experienced than Obikwu.

Worth a punt, if true, I suppose. Might end up becoming a Harry Cardwell-esque hero by falling over at the right point.
Posted by: Abdul19, February 27, 2024, 2:52pm; Reply: 3
Surprised Chelsea have let him go so soon.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, February 27, 2024, 3:14pm; Reply: 4
Ignore it....that twitter account just spouts bullshit and never, ever gets anything right...
Posted by: Meza, February 27, 2024, 3:48pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Abdul19
Surprised Chelsea have let him go so soon.

No that's his brother this one played for Burnley, as i signed him on FM haha
Posted by: Bawmariner, February 27, 2024, 6:48pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Meza

No that's his brother this one played for Burnley, as i signed him on FM haha

I signed Caleb on FM. He scored 3 goals for me in two seasons. Sounds perfect for us.
Posted by: forza ivano, February 27, 2024, 8:14pm; Reply: 7
The way things ate going, if he was to  sign the pessimist in me says that the news would be immediately followed by na tweet  that Rose was out for the season
Posted by: chaos33, February 27, 2024, 8:17pm; Reply: 8
Why are people commenting like this was anything other than a completely random, made up nugget of bullsh1t?
Posted by: AncientExiledMariner, February 28, 2024, 12:15am; Reply: 9
Maybe rather than saying on Twitter, provide a link to where it was said. Twitter is a bit like a pub, you'll find interesting people there, clever people, idiots and absolute scumbags. So being on Twitter gives no indication of who they are or if they are reputable.

Plus, how are people supposed to investigate this without a link? They got to scour the whole of twitter to find the information you have?
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, February 28, 2024, 1:02am; Reply: 10
Maybe rather than saying on Twitter, provide a link to where it was said. Twitter is a bit like a pub, you'll find interesting people there, clever people, idiots and absolute scumbags. So being on Twitter gives no indication of who they are or if they are reputable.

Plus, how are people supposed to investigate this without a link? They got to scour the whole of twitter to find the information you have?

Tweet 1762416383118238162 will appear here...
Posted by: HerveJosse, February 28, 2024, 10:11am; Reply: 11
Two goals in 43 appearances without a club since September. I think at this stage we should stick with what we have got and know.
Posted by: chaos33, February 28, 2024, 11:33am; Reply: 12
I can confirm that the statement that he’s been training with the club is incorrect. Nobody outside of the current squad has.
Posted by: Pocklington Mariner, February 28, 2024, 12:34pm; Reply: 13
If he gets  knocked down,  does he get up again???
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, February 28, 2024, 3:08pm; Reply: 14

Saw what you did there.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, February 28, 2024, 5:00pm; Reply: 15

Print page generated: May 10, 2024, 7:19pm