Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  The New Fishy  /  
Posted by: mimma, February 25, 2024, 10:37pm
Browsing YouTube this little gem popped up. Joe Waters running the midfield, Ford, Brolley, the late Kev More, and a brilliant save from Batch. Managed by John Newman. Note how bd the pitches were in those days, making playing football more difficult, Town still managed to put some good passing moves together.

Posted by: crusty ole pie, February 26, 2024, 10:18am; Reply: 1
Wow thanks for sharing that I was present for that match ( what a intimidating place fratton park was in those days ) that is the first time I have actually seen the footage long before we could afford a vcr.
Remember begging the coach driver to stay in the service station for 10 minutes to allow us to watch the game on a portable telly in the petrol station and he would have none of it. Might be wrong but I think we also bumped into Laurie Mac in that service station. Happy days
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, February 26, 2024, 1:59pm; Reply: 2
Ditto COP, I was probably on the same bus
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, February 26, 2024, 4:21pm; Reply: 3
Thanks for that, I've smiled all the way through. That is pretty much the team I started watching as a kid.

Can you imagine Match of the Day giving over 20 minutes to a 4th division game today?! The armchair Scousers and Mancs would have a hissy fit.
Posted by: crusty ole pie, February 26, 2024, 4:27pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from crusty ole pie
Wow thanks for sharing that I was present for that match ( what a intimidating place fratton park was in those days ) that is the first time I have actually seen the footage long before we could afford a vcr.
Remember begging the coach driver to stay in the service station for 10 minutes to allow us to watch the game on a portable telly in the petrol station and he would have none of it. Might be wrong but I think we also bumped into Laurie Mac in that service station. Happy days

Why the Red Cross on someone reminiscing a fantastic match which will be remembered by many. you must be such a small minded person with serous problems if you find the need to Red cross every post on here
Posted by: PrestwichMariner, February 26, 2024, 5:41pm; Reply: 5
Goalkeepers not wearing gloves too! Batchy just blowing on his hands before facing a free kick 🤣
Posted by: supertown, February 26, 2024, 6:26pm; Reply: 6
1 sub too
Print page generated: May 11, 2024, 5:03pm