Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  The New Fishy  /  
Posted by: stevethefish, February 14, 2024, 6:30am
Good morning,

Please nominate any friends/family who would benefit. 3 rules;

1. Must be nominated by a Fishy member
2. You (Fishy friend) promise that the tickets will utilised in full and the nominated beneficiaries will support the team !
3. You say why its a great idea to nominate your chosen people

We will either do a lucky dip ballot by COP Thursday or for any outstanding recommendations they will just win outright.

Happy Wednesday. Announce winner Friday
Posted by: moosey_club, February 14, 2024, 6:20pm; Reply: 1
Is this for next season or the current one?
Posted by: Lost in Lincoln, February 14, 2024, 6:37pm; Reply: 2
The kids have been lil shits this week, I nominate them.
Posted by: promotion plaice, February 14, 2024, 6:57pm; Reply: 3

2nd prize is 4 x Free Season Passes at BP.
Posted by: stevethefish, February 14, 2024, 7:06pm; Reply: 4
Good evening.

I have been on a call today with the club to understand how I can pull it all together (what I mentioned on Tuesday)

This immediate thread is for 2 adult season passes for the remainder of this season or if it is for a family I will do 2 adults and 2 kids.

Perhaps we do the Football kits next week?

And do next seasons season passes at the end of season in May

Noted “lost in Lincoln” your nomination.

Will announce winner on Friday morning.

Posted by: stevethefish, February 14, 2024, 7:08pm; Reply: 5
Thank you promotion plaice. Are you proposing to match the offer 😂. Only teasing!
Posted by: stevethefish, February 16, 2024, 5:47am; Reply: 6
Good morning

So I have been a little shocked with the uptake here and I think the phrase is "you cannot polish a turd"

I'm half sceptical that contributors "Lost in Lincoln and promotion plaice" are seeing this as some kind of booby prize punishment !

If "Lost in Lincoln" you are genuinely serious then send me a message today please and I will arrange for you.

If not, I will roll the £392 cost into another project to get money into the clubs coffers

All the best and Happy Friday.

Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, February 16, 2024, 6:09am; Reply: 7
Quoted from stevethefish
Good morning

So I have been a little shocked with the uptake here and I think the phrase is "you cannot polish a turd"

I'm half sceptical that contributors "Lost in Lincoln and promotion plaice" are seeing this as some kind of booby prize punishment !

If "Lost in Lincoln" you are genuinely serious then send me a message today please and I will arrange for you.

If not, I will roll the £392 cost into another project to get money into the clubs coffers

All the best and Happy Friday.

It’s a tremendous gesture Steve. I’d love the price of a ST but have mine and couldn’t really justify asking for it for next season as whilst times are tight, there are people in much worse positions than me. You’re doing a cracking thing here, don’t let some of the sarky fornicators tarnish it. UTM
Posted by: lukeo, February 16, 2024, 6:42am; Reply: 8
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner

It’s a tremendous gesture Steve. I’d love the price of a ST but have mine and couldn’t really justify asking for it for next season as whilst times are tight, there are people in much worse positions than me. You’re doing a cracking thing here, don’t let some of the sarky fornicators tarnish it. UTM

I think most people are thinking this...
Why not do a raffle and say £1 a go and then do a wheel spin live, winner gets the tickets and donate the money to the clubs youth or a charity?

Amazing gesture though.
Posted by: Son of Cod, February 16, 2024, 8:08am; Reply: 9
I think people on here probably fall into the following categories...

• already have a ST
• exile so don't get up for enough home games
• live local but have other commitments that mean they can't get to as many matches as they'd like

The best reach for this is probably the club's official Twitter account. As you're already talking to them why don't you see if they can run this as a competition?
Posted by: Mappers, February 16, 2024, 8:20am; Reply: 10
DB deserves a nomination based on doing the prediction league and managing to hold his attention week in week out + time and effort .
Posted by: ginnywings, February 16, 2024, 9:23am; Reply: 11
Didn't realise it was a season ticket offer. I thought it was for a season pass to Mariner TV, so that is a great gesture, along with the other things you are offering.

I can afford to buy stuff for myself and don't know anyone who is in need of any help, but I'm sure a suitable nominee can be found, just maybe not on here?
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, February 16, 2024, 11:45am; Reply: 12
As Ive replied to the shirt thread (excuse the pun------totally intended) I wouldnt want to force my stepson the pain of watching Town for the rest of the season. He's feeling excrement enough as it is.

Saying that, his attendance at BP has brought 100% of wins every time he has been in the last 3 seasons so ........

Oh sod it.....

I nominate my stepson
Posted by: toontown, February 16, 2024, 12:40pm; Reply: 13
Great gesture, ignore anyone who tells you otherwise! I have a season ticket, like others say maybe speak to the club about this great idea?
Posted by: Captain Sensible, February 16, 2024, 1:09pm; Reply: 14
Just a thought, rather than donating the season tickets in full, why not ask the club if they could retain them?  There could then be a match by match nomination, with the weekly winners collecting paper tickets from the office rather than the season pass itself.
Posted by: GrimRob, February 16, 2024, 1:23pm; Reply: 15
You'd be better off changing the subject to Season Ticket. I think it was unclear what was on offer.
Posted by: stevethefish, February 17, 2024, 8:00am; Reply: 16
Theimperialcorner - that's very kind of you to give others the opportunity

Lukeo - I agree, we will do something like that for the 2 Adults, 2 Kids Season tickets for 2024/2025

Sonofcod - Yes, you make three very good points. Re; club twitter, my intention was for it to be "Fishy" led and the beneficiaries being Fishy friends - but certainly valid point to consider.
Posted by: stevethefish, February 17, 2024, 8:15am; Reply: 17
Mappers - I will message DB to see whether he wants them

Ginnywings - thanks for your gesture. Yes, wider audience can certainly be considered

Wayneburnettjockstrap - SOLD + 2 shirts

toontown - thanks, yes!

Captainsensible - will ask about that for 2024/2025 season. Great suggestion

Grimrob - thanks, feedback noted.  
Posted by: stevethefish, February 17, 2024, 8:24am; Reply: 18
OK final results;

WayneBurnettsJockstrap x 1 Adult allocated

DB (nominated by Mappers) - offer sent by DM

Lost in Lincoln - offer sent by DM

Any tickets not claimed by COP Sunday will be offered out next week as "Single Tickets for any 1 match" as this will increase accessibility and flexibility for all.
Posted by: gobby, February 17, 2024, 9:04am; Reply: 19
I am fortunate enough to hold a ST and a shirt or two, but it’s a very exciting gesture for some folk who are struggling yet still love GTFC. Big pat on the back stevethefish. 8)
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, February 17, 2024, 2:46pm; Reply: 20
Oh my giddy goose. What a day!

The poor sodomist has no excuses to be miserable anymore. Well, that depends on what happens on the pitch, obviously!

What do i do now?
Posted by: Phil the cod, February 17, 2024, 5:52pm; Reply: 21
I'd rather have an envelope full of dog shite.
Posted by: moosey_club, February 17, 2024, 10:11pm; Reply: 22
I would like to nominate my ex wife.
After years of false hope, soul sapping drudgery and ultimate betrayal of my own undying loyalty they deserve each other.
😆
Posted by: stevethefish, February 20, 2024, 11:23am; Reply: 23
Wayne Burnett - Your season pass for remainder of season has been purchased. Please speak to Lisa @ GTFC

DB - You wanted to replace Season Pass for gifts from shop this has been paid for this morning and available to pick up.
Print page generated: May 10, 2024, 3:44pm