Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  The New Fishy  /  
Posted by: It Bites, February 9, 2024, 11:48am
I’m flabbergasted he’s signed got Gateshead after been a free agent since the summer . Obviously no where near as good as his brother but can’t believe no one in the efl wanted him ? Unless I’m missing something?
Posted by: mariner91, February 9, 2024, 11:51am; Reply: 1
I don't think it's that surprising. He's 24 next month and has barely made 50 appearances, there has to be a reason for that and it will have stunted his progression.
Posted by: toontown, February 9, 2024, 1:08pm; Reply: 2
I'm not he's not very good! Couldn't force his way into a Scottish premiership side and didn't feature much for Colchester or stand out there. Probably expects too much in pay as well
Posted by: Mappers, February 9, 2024, 1:26pm; Reply: 3
He's not very good and wants loads of ££££

Mansfield fans didn't really rate him at all
Posted by: Gaffer58, February 9, 2024, 1:35pm; Reply: 4
Out of interest is he related to the Longstaff at Newcastle, I seem to remember 2/3 years ago there was 2 of them in the Newcastle squad.
Posted by: Hagrid, February 9, 2024, 1:50pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Gaffer58
Out of interest is he related to the Longstaff at Newcastle, I seem to remember 2/3 years ago there was 2 of them in the Newcastle squad.

yes. brother
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, February 9, 2024, 2:19pm; Reply: 6
It’s got to be hard being the excrement brother of a top PL player
Posted by: Marinerdan, February 9, 2024, 2:31pm; Reply: 7
Wonder how much drive he has left and how much the injuries have taken a toll.

Mentally it must be very tough turning out for lower league side when you were playing in the EPL as a teenager. I’d imagine his salary at Newcastle means he doesn’t really need to keep playing, he probably earned more already than most league 2 players earn in their careers.
Posted by: ska face, February 9, 2024, 2:32pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from louth_in_the_south

As Rhodri Giggs found out!
Posted by: MuddyWaters, February 9, 2024, 3:49pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from ska face

As Rhodri Giggs found out!

That's a bit below the belt  ;)
Posted by: Spurn boy, February 9, 2024, 5:21pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from louth_in_the_south

Matt le Tissier has 3 brothers who were all footballers but they never achieved the status of Matt because they didn’t want to leave Guernsey to progress their careers, can’t blame them really as it’s such a wonderful island.
Print page generated: May 10, 2024, 4:43am