Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  The New Fishy  /  
Posted by: gtfc98, February 2, 2024, 8:34am
No we know where we are with players what does everyone think our strongest 11 looks like?

I'd go for;

Cartwright

Smith  Tharme Maher Hume

Thompson
              Clifton       Hunt

Vernam                    Eisa
                       Rose

Not sure he will actually play Hunt but I still think he's the most technically gifted player at the club.
Posted by: Brummie Codfather, February 2, 2024, 8:38am; Reply: 1
I’m quite critical of Hunt but that line up would give him protection and hopefully allow him to use his creativity- so Id be happy to see that line up.
Posted by: LondonMariner43, February 2, 2024, 8:59am; Reply: 2
I thought Hunt had signed for Carlisle?
Posted by: LondonMariner43, February 2, 2024, 9:00am; Reply: 3
How about Glennon in left midfield?
Posted by: davmariner, February 2, 2024, 9:21am; Reply: 4
Quoted from LondonMariner43
How about Glennon in left midfield?

Sorry but he should be nowhere near the team.
Posted by: jimgtfc, February 2, 2024, 9:23am; Reply: 5
That team “shouldn’t” get relegated.
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, February 2, 2024, 9:25am; Reply: 6
Quoted from gtfc98
No we know where we are with players what does everyone think our strongest 11 looks like?

I'd go for;

Cartwright

Smith  Tharme Maher Hume

Thompson
              Clifton       Hunt

Rose

Not sure he will actually play Hunt but I still think he's the most technically gifted player at the club.

Whilst I’m not the biggest fan of HC I could go with this line up but with Thompson and Clifton playing in a two in front of the back four to help cut out the threat of conceding and have Hunt playing well forward where if he loses the ball by trying to be creative it doesn’t result in immediate danger.

Given Eisa’s erratic performance levels we also have the opportunity, when fit, to play Arthur or Pyke wide right and switch Charlie over. As London Mariner suggests I wouldn’t ming seeing Glennon get a couple of games ahead of HC to see if he could play in midfield, has the touch and passing but can be indecisive and lack stamina so swings and roundabouts with that one and maybe a 20 minute cameo in that role would help!
Posted by: ancientmariner54, February 2, 2024, 3:17pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from gtfc98

I'd go for;

Cartwright

Smith  Tharme Maher Hume

Thompson
              Clifton       Hunt

Rose

Looks good to me .U.T.M. ,maybe swap Clifton for Wood.......!    Expecting some reds for that ..
Posted by: HertsGTFC, February 2, 2024, 3:24pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from gtfc98

I'd go for;

Cartwright

Smith  Tharme Maher Hume

Thompson
              Clifton       Hunt

Rose

I like that.
Posted by: Mariner_09, February 2, 2024, 3:33pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from gtfc98

I'd go for;

Cartwright

Smith  Tharme Maher Hume

Thompson
              Clifton       Hunt

Rose

I don't mind it bar Clifton. Play Gav or Wood.
Posted by: gtfc98, February 2, 2024, 5:52pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Mariner_09

I don't mind it bar Clifton. Play Gav or Wood.

Yeah It was a toss up between Gav and Clifton. Didn't see enough from Wood to merit a start for me last week. That's not me writing him off by any means I just think he is perhaps going to need to be eased into this side and we need a bit more experience to get us going. Hopefully he can make an impact from the bench.
Posted by: Maringer, February 2, 2024, 7:14pm; Reply: 11
Wood might do better with a capable guy such as Thompson anchoring midfield. Wood was pretty terrible at retaining possession last week, but then the midfield as a whole was utterly disjointed so he perhaps gets some leeway. I'd be surprised if he starts tomorrow, but it would be good if he could repeat the success of his last sub appearance.
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, February 2, 2024, 7:43pm; Reply: 12
I’ve no idea who will start, but think it will be Cartwright in goal and Rose up front.

Whoever the other 9 plus subs are, I’ll be there to cheer them on tomorrow
Posted by: MuddyWaters, February 2, 2024, 7:59pm; Reply: 13
Wouldn’t be surprised to see Arthur ahead of Eisa, DA seems to like him.
Print page generated: May 10, 2024, 12:24pm