Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  The New Fishy  /  
Posted by: vinno69, January 25, 2024, 12:53pm
Hi
Have we got a sell on clause on Mattie Pollock? Looks likely to sign for Derby.
Posted by: Corkyefes, January 25, 2024, 12:56pm; Reply: 1
Possibly, but it will be based on profit.

Watford bought him for £250k and I dont expect him to be going to Derby for much more than that and would suggest Watford will just want to break even.

I wouldn't get excited about us making much money, even if any al all.
Posted by: Heisenberg, January 25, 2024, 12:57pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Corkyefes
Possibly, but it will be based on profit.

Watford bought him for £250k and I dont expect him to be going to Derby for much more than that and would suggest Watford will just want to break even.

I wouldn't get excited about us making much money, even if any al all.

Didn’t that 250k go straight to Fenty too? Pretty sure it did.
Posted by: diehardmariner, January 25, 2024, 2:31pm; Reply: 3
Was part of that transfer windfall period (Grist and someone else, Dembele sell-on?) that went towards paying of Fenty.

So 3 transfer windfalls to pay him off.

1 cup run windfall that has basically gone towards repairs that should have been done at any period during his near 20 year reign.

I know it's crossing threads a bit but it's not that easy to stop blaming him is it?  The stench of his legacy continues to haunt us.
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 25, 2024, 3:07pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from diehardmariner
Was part of that transfer windfall period (Grist and someone else, Dembele sell-on?) that went towards paying of Fenty.

1 cup run windfall that has basically gone towards repairs that should have been done at any period during his near 20 year reign.

I know it's crossing threads a bit but it's not that easy to stop blaming him is it?  The stench of his legacy continues to haunt us.

I was never a fan of Fenty but if the funds that became available were paid to JF to clear his investment in GTFC then didn't our current owners suggest that they would look to be wanting their investment repaid should the club be sold again?
Posted by: diehardmariner, January 25, 2024, 3:13pm; Reply: 5
Sorry, you lost me when you said the words investment and Fenty together...

Cod Almighty did a fantastic piece which highlights just what Fenty didn't put into the club and what he took out.   Then let's not forget the issue of the shares that he, ahem, acquired, from the Trust - of which I believe he then sold.

I've no issue with anyone wanting a return on their investment.  You get nothing in this life for free and only a fool would write off substantial amounts for the sake of it.  No-one was asking that of Fenty, nor should they of 1878.
Posted by: diehardmariner, January 25, 2024, 3:14pm; Reply: 6
https://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=7977 Article  here
Posted by: lukeo, January 25, 2024, 4:25pm; Reply: 7
Can someone put it in simple terms, over the 10+ years is that saying he actually only gave the club £35k ? Or did he make a profit from all his stupidity somehow
Posted by: diehardmariner, January 25, 2024, 4:59pm; Reply: 8
I think the one thing we can say is that John Fenty definitely isn't stupid.
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, January 25, 2024, 5:39pm; Reply: 9

Imagine what that money could do now in good hands....
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, January 25, 2024, 5:41pm; Reply: 10
Sorry, you lost me when you said the words investment and Fenty together...

Cod Almighty did a fantastic piece which highlights just what Fenty didn't put into the club and what he took out.   Then let's not forget the issue of the shares that he, ahem, acquired, from the Trust - of which I believe he then sold.

I've no issue with anyone wanting a return on their investment.  You get nothing in this life for free and only a fool would write off substantial amounts for the sake of it.  No-one was asking that of Fenty, nor should they of 1878.

Quickly makes way to twit of the week to vote for Fenty again
Posted by: HerveJosse, January 25, 2024, 6:22pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from vinno69
Hi
Have we got a sell on clause on Mattie Pollock? Looks likely to sign for Derby.

How did that simple opening question become another Fenty thread within 3 posts
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, January 25, 2024, 6:32pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from HerveJosse

How did that simple opening question become another Fenty thread within 3 posts

If we have a sell on clause and he was sold for £250,000.    And Derby buy him for £250,000 or less we get nowt.

If the sell on was cot 20% say and derby pay £300,000, we get £10,000.   Don’t hold your breath.

Print page generated: May 9, 2024, 7:09pm