Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  The New Fishy  /  
Posted by: Croxton, January 19, 2024, 8:34pm
Appointed Director of Football at Rotherham.

https://www.themillers.co.uk/news/2024/january/read--scott-appointed-as-director-of-football-17-01-24/

Follow the piece to the end for a very interesting interview with both the owner and then Rob. Recruiters almost as sought after as Managers/ Head Coaches?
Posted by: mariner tommy, January 19, 2024, 8:44pm; Reply: 1
And if they don’t like it………..
Posted by: DB, January 19, 2024, 10:26pm; Reply: 2
Given that The Millars are at the bottom of the Championship, with 9 points from safety and staring L1 in the face, I would say his recruitment so far has not been good at all. His promotion will no doubt confirm the L1 status on them and probably a downward trajectory even further.
Posted by: DB, January 19, 2024, 10:34pm; Reply: 3
Given that The Millars are at the bottom of the Championship, with 9 points from safety and staring L1 in the face, I would say his recruitment so far has not been good at all. His promotion will no doubt confirm the L1 status on them and probably a downward trajectory even further.
Posted by: moosey_club, January 21, 2024, 9:18am; Reply: 4
Unlikely Hurst will become manager anytime soon then 😄
Posted by: promotion plaice, January 21, 2024, 10:01am; Reply: 5

I liked Rob Scott when he was here, shame about the Main Stand incident.
Posted by: Freemoash88, January 21, 2024, 11:09am; Reply: 6
I agree I liked Rob Scotts passion. I know he let himself down with the incident telling fans to basically f*ck off but.. I liked he had the old school feel as a manager where he said what he thought but obviously in todays world I doubt he'd last long especially with how mummy cuddled footballers are today.

I heard not sure if it's accurate but him and Paul no long speak after Paul stayed on and became sole manager and didn't stick by him but Pauls had the better Managerial career.
Posted by: Azimuth, January 21, 2024, 11:46am; Reply: 7
Rob Scott showed the passion, maybe too much at times, but what you saw was what you got and certainly contributed to the end of his career in managment.
I liked his slightly erratic behavoir at times and found him entertaining, good to see he is still working in professional football and hope he has some sucess.

His opposite number Paul Hurst sadly lacked any passion whatsoever which I think somewhat contributed to his demise as a manager.
I would like to see Paul manage again or find a role within a club, he is a genuine good guy and always conducted himself well.
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 21, 2024, 11:53am; Reply: 8
Quoted from promotion plaice

He was a loud mouthed twit. I also thought he had a go at some fans in the front of the Pontoon.
Posted by: Poojah, January 21, 2024, 12:07pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from arryarryarry

He was a loud mouthed twit. I also thought he had a go at some fans in the front of the Pontoon.

The “it’s not 10 years ago” comment feels kind of scary now. It’s been a long time since we’ve been any good, hasn’t it.

Posted by: jamesgtfc, January 21, 2024, 12:47pm; Reply: 10
"If you don't facking like me Paul, don't facking apply."
Posted by: Mikey_345, January 21, 2024, 12:51pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Azimuth

His opposite number Paul Hurst sadly lacked any passion whatsoever which I think somewhat contributed to his demise as a manager.
I would like to see Paul manage again or find a role within a club, he is a genuine good guy and always conducted himself well.

Think this is massively unfair. Sure, he didn’t show the same things Scott did but to say he lacked any passion is so wrong.

You don’t be as successful as PH has been without been passionate about what you’re doing. Screaming and shouting doesn’t make you necessarily any more passionate than the next bloke, it just means you’re screaming and shouting..
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, January 21, 2024, 4:38pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from promotion plaice
I liked him as well, although he shouldn't have opened his gob with the fans, did sound like the fan he was talking to kept mouthing off. I can imagine him speaking to how he's spoken to kinda guy. Scott speaks well on podcasts and media stuff.  I guess he's just one of these people who doesn't take no excrement off anyone, maybe he would be a good manager on his own, maybe not, we will never know. I could imagine him terrorising the players at half-time into playing well, abit like Neil Warnock lol.
Posted by: LH, January 21, 2024, 6:08pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Poojah

The “it’s not 10 years ago” comment feels kind of scary now. It’s been a long time since we’ve been any good, hasn’t it.

Anyone else remember that steward being on Jeremy Kyle? Not our best era.
Print page generated: May 10, 2024, 12:31pm