Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  The New Fishy  /  
Posted by: Mappers, January 18, 2024, 7:00pm
Good for anyone involved with local youth teams etc

https://gtfc.co.uk/discount-tickets-for-local-grassroots-clubs-vs-tranmere-rovers/
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, January 18, 2024, 10:29pm; Reply: 1
Brilliant initiative from the club. I like it personally as that’s how I first got into watching town. When I was at signhills we’d get tickets, along with other schools I guess, and we were given a tour of the ground etc and to this day, when the song ‘power of love’ by Jennifer rush is played, I remember that day nearly 30 years ago that I first went and sat in the osmond behind the terracing and seeing don O’Riordan score a penalty against Portsmouth.

I was hooked. If these initiatives get even 5 people interested, then it’s a job well done.
Posted by: Withnail, January 19, 2024, 9:10am; Reply: 2
Hey up Woz. Think you mean almost 40 years ago! I'm no Jennifer Rush aficionado but believe we're the same age.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, January 19, 2024, 10:53am; Reply: 3
Think Don O'Riordan played 87/88 for Town? Gutted when he left he'd have been sensational in the Buckley sides that followed.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, January 20, 2024, 10:57am; Reply: 4
Quoted from Withnail
Hey up Woz. Think you mean almost 40 years ago! I'm no Jennifer Rush aficionado but believe we're the same age.

I do mean 40 mate. I’ll put it down to age lol

Steve, it was 86 I think.

Didn’t realise until it was pointed out to me that don o’riordon actually started towns centre of excellence
Print page generated: May 14, 2024, 8:40pm