Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  The New Fishy  /  
Posted by: Hagrid, January 16, 2024, 4:07pm
Diagnosed with Thyroid Cancer and has undergone Surgery

Awful news, wish him all the best with his recovery and hope we see him before the end of the season but of course in this context, football completely unimportant.
Posted by: Poojah, January 16, 2024, 4:10pm; Reply: 1
Oh, fúck. Presumably what Artell was referring to in last week’s presser. What an awful couple of weeks for the club.

Get well soon, lad.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, January 16, 2024, 4:11pm; Reply: 2
Bloody hell, thats awful news, just hope they've got it early and he makes a full recovery...🤞🤞
Posted by: Poojah, January 16, 2024, 4:11pm; Reply: 3
https://gtfc.co.uk/club-statement-callum-ainley/
Posted by: pontoonlew, January 16, 2024, 4:19pm; Reply: 4
Horrible news and a really tough couple of weeks for the club.

Just goes to show you never really know what’s going on behind the scenes, the players have obviously been aware for a couple of weeks now.

Hope he gets well soon
Posted by: acko338, January 16, 2024, 4:19pm; Reply: 5
Crikey, it's no wonder that Artell chokes up in recent interviews and chooses words carefully !

Really hope he gets well, currently going through chemo myself for 3 months, so every sympathy !

Lousy 2 weeks for the club and all associated staff, players and others in admin or selling positions.

Let's hope that nothing else negative happens going forward !!
Posted by: smokin joe, January 16, 2024, 4:21pm; Reply: 6
get well soon callum
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, January 16, 2024, 4:21pm; Reply: 7
More dreadful news from the club. I posted a couple of weeks ago, after DA said in an interview he had spoken to Charlie Kirk about a matter that would become clear in the future, that I thought this may relate to Ainley but never ever suspected it would be something of this magnitude.

Let’s hope it’s something he can get through and return to full health.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, January 16, 2024, 4:30pm; Reply: 8
Terrible news wishing him all the best , this forum sometimes can be toxic but I’m certain everyone one of us on here is fully behind him 1000%
Posted by: davmariner, January 16, 2024, 4:31pm; Reply: 9
Get well soon Callum, strength and solidarity with you as you gear up for overcoming this.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, January 16, 2024, 4:33pm; Reply: 10
Reiterating all that’s been said above, best wishes to Callum and his family for a speedy recovery and healthy future.
Posted by: Mikey_345, January 16, 2024, 4:34pm; Reply: 11
Awful news, wishing him all the best for a speedy recovery. Hopefully it’s positive news that he’s had the op and may be back in training in February - sure we’ve got everything crossed for him with his recovery and return to good health!

Assume this may also be what Artell was talking about re ‘other matters’ and Kirk - assume they’re friends from their Crewe days.
Posted by: mariner91, January 16, 2024, 4:37pm; Reply: 12
Horrible news. Here's hoping for a speedy and full recovery.
Posted by: LocalLadGTFC, January 16, 2024, 4:39pm; Reply: 13
Another reminder that some things are just bigger than football, what an awful couple of weeks for the club. Best wishes to Callum and hope for a full recovery.
Posted by: diehardmariner, January 16, 2024, 4:42pm; Reply: 14
Horrific news.  Horrible disease.

Hopefully caught in time and thyroid cancer is one of the more treatable cancers, but it's never easy nor guaranteed success.  Really hoping everything goes to plan and the lad can not only get on with his career but also his life.
Posted by: fishcake63, January 16, 2024, 5:03pm; Reply: 15
Sometimes football is not so important terrible couple of weeks for our club , get well soon callum you can do this 🙏
Posted by: It Bites, January 16, 2024, 5:03pm; Reply: 16
Wishing him a speedy and full recovery. 🙏🙏😊
Posted by: DB, January 16, 2024, 5:36pm; Reply: 17
Came as a bit of a shock to me, I always thought these things happened as we aged, not 26 Yrs old. Get well soon Callum.
Posted by: GrimRob, January 16, 2024, 6:03pm; Reply: 18
Something you don't expect to get in your twenties but one of the most curable forms of cancer there is, except for some very rare types, and generally you don't need chemo. I read lots on the subject a few years ago when my wife had a throat issue. Best wishes to Callum.
Posted by: Azimuth, January 16, 2024, 6:08pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from acko338
Crikey, it's no wonder that Artell chokes up in recent interviews and chooses words carefully !

Really hope he gets well, currently going through chemo myself for 3 months, so every sympathy !

Lousy 2 weeks for the club and all associated staff, players and others in admin or selling positions.

Best wishes and strength to Callum and of course wishing you very best wishes too and hope you battle through your Chemo!
Posted by: Brazilnut, January 16, 2024, 6:19pm; Reply: 20
You 've got this Callum ....and we have your back.......Good Luck  
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, January 16, 2024, 6:40pm; Reply: 21
Best wishes to Callum and all your friends and family x
Posted by: AncientExiledMariner, January 16, 2024, 6:57pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from acko338

Ooof. Sorry to hear that, man. Hope you fully recover and are feeling much better soon.

Same sentiments to Callum, very young and it must be quite a shock to go through this.
Posted by: RonMariner, January 16, 2024, 6:58pm; Reply: 23
Get well soon mate, we are all thinking of you.
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, January 16, 2024, 7:24pm; Reply: 24
Wishing you all the best Callum and a speedy recovery back to full health.
Posted by: chipsandgravy, January 16, 2024, 7:24pm; Reply: 25
What a horrible two weeks. Some say that there are things more important than football and that is true. However it can also show how a club can come together in adversity and show support for each other. Best of luck Callum in your recovery.
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, January 16, 2024, 7:42pm; Reply: 26
All the best Callum, the Grimsby family are right behind you!
Posted by: Captain Sensible, January 16, 2024, 7:43pm; Reply: 27
Horrible news.  Wishing Callum a full and speedy recovery.
Posted by: Spidey, January 16, 2024, 7:47pm; Reply: 28
Hoping for a speedy recovery for you Callum. You’ve got the Black and White army behind you!
Posted by: jamesgtfc, January 16, 2024, 7:49pm; Reply: 29
Horrible news, and I wish Callum a speedy recovery. Only on a deal until the end of the season too, I think. Hopefully the club can extend that so he doesn't have to worry about getting fixed up in the summer and can concentrate on getting better without worrying about his future.
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), January 16, 2024, 8:57pm; Reply: 30
Get well soon Callum, we are all rooting for you.
Posted by: grimsby pete, January 16, 2024, 10:22pm; Reply: 31
All the best Callum we are all rooting for you.
Posted by: toontown, January 16, 2024, 10:53pm; Reply: 32
Awful news but Callum is a professional athlete, hopefully that level of fitness has got to be in his favour even with something like this. Wishing him all the best for a full and speedy recovery.
Posted by: oochiad, January 16, 2024, 11:13pm; Reply: 33
Good luck Callum, wishing you all the best.
Posted by: denni266, January 17, 2024, 8:33am; Reply: 34
Get well soon .Keep looking forward
Posted by: Les Brechin, January 17, 2024, 9:21am; Reply: 35
Good luck Callum, wishing you a speedy recovery.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 17, 2024, 9:28am; Reply: 36
Not good news at all, good luck to the lad, hope he has a speedy recovery.
Posted by: Corkyefes, January 17, 2024, 2:11pm; Reply: 37
Get well soon Callum.
ATAW.
Print page generated: May 10, 2024, 1:46pm