Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  The New Fishy  /  
Posted by: Poojah, January 15, 2024, 6:57pm
On Sky Sports at 7:30pm. Martin Paterson in the dugout and Max Crocombe in goal for the brewers.

Do with this information what you wish.
Posted by: crusty ole pie, January 15, 2024, 7:02pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from Poojah
On Sky Sports at 7:30pm. Martin Paterson in the dugout and Max Crocombe in goal for the brewers.

Do with this information what you wish.

I’ve read it and now forgot it sorry
Posted by: headingly_mariner, January 15, 2024, 7:39pm; Reply: 2
I've had a nibble at Burton at 12/1. Hoping for a Burton lead and Crocombe cramp.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, January 15, 2024, 8:15pm; Reply: 3
Poor atmosphere for a game the away fans could walk to.
Posted by: Poojah, January 15, 2024, 9:25pm; Reply: 4
Cracking comeback from Pato’s Burton. 2-0 down after 50 mins, 2-2 after 65.
Posted by: Chrisblor, January 15, 2024, 9:53pm; Reply: 5
Burton can't defend but Crocombe was rubbish there for Derby's go ahead goal. Had a relatively good sight of it, was pretty close to him but his reaction was so slow and he got nowhere near what looked like a saveable shot.
Posted by: Mappers, January 16, 2024, 5:59am; Reply: 6
Quoted from 1mickylyons
Poor atmosphere for a game the away fans could walk to.

They are a very poorly supported team , that's what irks me we are down here and NL when teams like them ,Fleetwood etc etc are in league 1 ; I will always remember that relegation game when we outnumbered Burton fans on their own patch with Town fans spilling out of all ends - daft little ground  though give me BP over that .
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 16, 2024, 6:52am; Reply: 7
Quoted from Mappers

They are a very poorly supported team , that's what irks me we are down here and NL when teams like them ,Fleetwood etc etc are in league 1 ; I will always remember that relegation game when we outnumbered Burton fans on their own patch with Town fans spilling out of all ends - daft little ground  though give me BP over that .

Your sense of entitlement is quite entertaining.
Posted by: Mappers, January 16, 2024, 7:08am; Reply: 8
Not particularly entitled more envious of where they are and just a reminder how far we have fallen tbh
Posted by: Heisenberg, January 16, 2024, 7:28am; Reply: 9
Quoted from Poojah
Cracking comeback from Pato’s Burton. 2-0 down after 50 mins, 2-2 after 65.

Well done, Poojah. You’ve inadvertently reminded me of UB40 & Pato Banton - literally the worst type of music ever!! That’s gonna go round in my head all bl##dy day now…..
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 16, 2024, 7:32am; Reply: 10
Quoted from Mappers
Not particularly entitled more envious of where they are and just a reminder how far we have fallen tbh

I'm sure we'll be contending to go up within the next couple of seasons, keep the faith. We have good owners and a good manager generally that results in some form of relative success.
Posted by: Davec, January 16, 2024, 7:38am; Reply: 11
I thought Crocombe for the first goal didn't read the flight of the ball in well enough and got caught out by it, and for the 3rd goal I think be was a little suspect, couldn't do anything about the 2nd goal however
Posted by: LocalLadGTFC, January 16, 2024, 11:06am; Reply: 12
Quoted from Mappers

Totally agree, but what does make me happy is that we have good owners. I hate seeing clubs like Reading going to the pot because the owners are ripping the clubs to shreds, however when a story such as Fleetwood comes along where the owner has used corrupt money to fund the club for many a year then i'll be happy to see them tumble back down the divisions.
Posted by: DB, January 16, 2024, 1:26pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I'm sure we'll be contending to go up within the next couple of seasons, keep the faith. We have good owners and a good manager generally that results in some form of relative success.

I can't agree more. This club is slowly going places, moved out of the NL & securing a place in L2. Improvements to Cheapside, BP and a new training ground when the legal work is done.

Success will certainly come our way and we have to be patient. DA needs time to put his coaching methods into the squad and bring in new faces either now or in the summer. Consolidation this year and promotion next season.

Posted by: grimsby pete, January 16, 2024, 3:51pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from HertsGTFC

All we are short of Is good players well defenders we can score now so halfway there. ;D
Posted by: Norseman, January 16, 2024, 10:38pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from DB

I can't agree more. This club is slowly going places, moved out of the NL & securing a place in L2. Improvements to Cheapside, BP and a new training ground when the legal work is done.

Success will certainly come our way and we have to be patient. DA needs time to put his coaching methods into the squad and bring in new faces either now or in the summer. Consolidation this year and promotion next season.

Where and when did the news about waiting for legal work to be completed for a new training ground get released
Posted by: DB, January 16, 2024, 11:35pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Norseman

Where and when did the news about waiting for legal work to be completed for a new training ground get released

I believe AP said they were waiting for a problem with the land to be sorted out. It was probably at the fan's forum and may have been said by JS in passing. As for the exact date, it is possible it's on a thread on here.

Print page generated: May 10, 2024, 4:58am