Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  The New Fishy  /  
Posted by: malkamalka, January 6, 2024, 6:30pm
Sent off after 14 minutes in his first game at Salford.
Posted by: It Bites, January 6, 2024, 6:32pm; Reply: 1
Salford are a pointless exercise to everyone except the 500 or so loyal fans that have been with them through it all .
Posted by: moosey_club, January 6, 2024, 7:54pm; Reply: 2
2-2 draw in the end...not sure if I would have preferred them to sneak it to keep plenty of distance from  the bottom two
Posted by: Norseman, January 7, 2024, 12:22am; Reply: 3
Quoted from moosey_club
2-2 draw in the end...not sure if I would have preferred them to sneak it to keep plenty of distance from  the bottom two

And we have played Salford twice .So cannot take points off them whereas we can the vegans
Posted by: Yoda, January 7, 2024, 12:25am; Reply: 4
Our biggest games now are FGR Sutton and Colchester
I think the Copley’s will keep colchester up.
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), January 7, 2024, 10:52am; Reply: 5
Who are the Copleys?
Posted by: 141269 (Guest), January 7, 2024, 10:56am; Reply: 6
Quoted from Yoda
Our biggest games now are FGR Sutton and Colchester
I think the Copley’s will keep colchester up.

We can't just target two games and think all will be ok. Colchester will pick up the under the Cowleys as will Salford with Karl Robinson.

We need to go into each game aiming for a big performance. Win your home games, take a point away.

Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, January 7, 2024, 11:52am; Reply: 7
I wonder if all the Colchester and Salford fans said "They have got Artel now, he will keep them up"?  ;D ;D ;D
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, January 7, 2024, 11:17pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
I wonder if all the Colchester and Salford fans said "They have got Artel now, he will keep them up"?  ;D ;D ;D

As long as our players thought that I couldn’t give a fu(k what other teams thought

If you constantly look over your shoulder, in time you’ll run into a lamppost
Posted by: Yoda, January 8, 2024, 10:25am; Reply: 9
It will be a very interesting relegation run in with a lot of teams with new managers.
You would think Deeney will have some good contacts to pull in some better players at FGR.
Posted by: Poojah, January 8, 2024, 10:33am; Reply: 10
Quoted from Yoda
It will be a very interesting relegation run in with a lot of teams with new managers.
You would think Deeney will have some good contacts to pull in some better players at FGR.

On the flip side, Deeney is as thick as mince.
Posted by: Yoda, January 8, 2024, 10:35am; Reply: 11
A bit harsh
Posted by: Poojah, January 8, 2024, 10:47am; Reply: 12
Quoted from Yoda
A bit harsh

From the BBC:

Quoted Text
A Championship footballer who attacked a group of students in Birmingham has been jailed for 10 months.
Watford FC striker Troy Deeney, 23, was recorded by CCTV cameras kicking one of the victims in the head.

One man suffered a broken jaw and another required 20 stitches as a result of the brawl in Broad Street.
Deeney, of Chelmsley Wood, Solihull, admitted affray and was sentenced along with three other men at Birmingham Crown Court.

Judge David Tomlinson said CCTV footage of the attack, which happened close to the Bliss nightclub on 29 February, showed the roles of Troy Deeney and Brennan were more serious than the other defendants.

In the 30-second video clip, the pair could be seen kicking out at the "defenceless" students, one of whom received repeated blows to the head as he lay injured on the ground.

The judge told the defendants: "Three men in particular were singled out for what can only be described as a gratuitous beating.

"At least one kicked a man while he was already on the ground and very probably had already suffered a really serious injury."

Not as harsh as that. He’s as thick as mince.
Posted by: diehardmariner, January 8, 2024, 2:42pm; Reply: 13
That doesn't make him thick, it just makes him a scumbag.

He is, however, thick as mince.
Posted by: diehardmariner, January 8, 2024, 2:43pm; Reply: 14
I also think Salford have probably exceeded themselves by appointing someone as equally odious as their owners in Karl Robinson.

The excellent BBC Sounds podcast A Moment of Truth - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/brand/p0cf9vkv gives a great insight into the type of anus he is.  You couldn't get a bigger contrast between him and the other feature, Paul Warne.

Great listen though and even better for Robinson not succeeding.
Print page generated: May 13, 2024, 2:47pm