Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  The New Fishy  /  
Posted by: Hagrid, January 3, 2024, 11:48am
Now 76 years old and made Caretaker Manager up at Hartlepool!
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, January 3, 2024, 11:53am; Reply: 1
He's not aged well...

Posted by: Son of Cod, January 3, 2024, 12:05pm; Reply: 2
Is this a windup?! He must have been out the game for almost 20 years?
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, January 3, 2024, 12:15pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Son of Cod
Is this a windup?! He must have been out the game for almost 20 years?

He's had a few roles other than manager and has been working at Hartlepool for a while (according to wikipedia)
Posted by: GrimRob, January 3, 2024, 12:19pm; Reply: 4
Unbelievable Jeff
Posted by: Stranger in the Park, January 3, 2024, 12:33pm; Reply: 5
According to the Express not two hours ago Hursty was in for the post. Goes to show you can't believe a word anyone says these days- especially the media!
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, January 3, 2024, 1:01pm; Reply: 6
According to the Express not two hours ago Hursty was in for the post. Goes to show you can't believe a word anyone says these days- especially the media!

He's only caretaker, I can't believe they'd appoint him permanently...or that he'd want to be.
Posted by: diehardmariner, January 3, 2024, 3:37pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Southwark Mariner

He's only caretaker, I can't believe they'd appoint him permanently...or that he'd want to be.

We're only just over 200 years since the folk of Hartlepool mistook a monkey for a Frenchman...I'm not sure Lennie Lawrence getting appointed as their permanent manager is that big a stretch of the imagination.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 3, 2024, 3:48pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from diehardmariner

We're only just over 200 years since the folk of Hartlepool mistook a monkey for a Frenchman...I'm not sure Lennie Lawrence getting appointed as their permanent manager is that big a stretch of the imagination.

I don't do the tick, cross gold star bollox but If I did you'd certainly get a gold star for this, made me smile.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, January 3, 2024, 3:59pm; Reply: 9
paradoxically, they do have a nice harbour though.   And I have never been  there..
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, January 3, 2024, 10:38pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
paradoxically, they do have a nice harbour though.   And I have never been  there..

Hartlepool, the turd that definitely can’t be polished
Posted by: Yoda, January 4, 2024, 4:00am; Reply: 11
I quite like Hartlepool worked in Seaton Carew for a year nice harbour lovely sea front at Seaton.
Print page generated: May 11, 2024, 9:33pm