Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  The New Fishy  /  
Posted by: The Dogs Testicles, January 1, 2024, 9:26am
The Kit deal with Macron runs out at the end of this season. Debbie alluded to some exciting news surrounding this……

Really hope that Hummel or Kappa are going to be up next!!!!
Posted by: jamesgtfc, January 1, 2024, 10:22am; Reply: 1
Quoted from The Dogs Testicles
The Kit deal with Macron runs out at the end of this season. Debbie alluded to some exciting news surrounding this……

Hummel have had huge distribution problems. As nice as their kits look, I can't see us having them. Umbro are producing some very nice kits at the moment.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, January 1, 2024, 10:32am; Reply: 2
Kappa?!?!? Is it 1997?

And Hummel just give the same basic template kit to every team don’t they? Their isn’t much variety in their kits.

I doubt it will be Hummel as their kits have to come even further than Macron. Hummel make their bespoke kits in Lithuania and their general/teamwear stuff Turkey and Asia. The issues with supply have been largely down to the realities of post-Brexit transport between the EU and UK.

So expect a UK based supplier with a factory in this country.
Posted by: Gilbertswand, January 1, 2024, 10:58am; Reply: 3
I imagine it will be Oxen who do Donnie and Lincoln's kit...Bit Meh in my opinion.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, January 1, 2024, 11:08am; Reply: 4
Maybe someone like castone or hope and glory to keep the manufacturer british.

For me, personally I’d love adidas to be doing our kits again, although I doubt this. So maybe puma or new balance would be great 2nd choice if we have a non British company.

Am just pleased we don’t have to worry like with previous owners if the kits are going to be made by Temu

https://urbanpitch.com/the-best-under-the-radar-kit-manufacturers/
Posted by: davmariner, January 1, 2024, 11:14am; Reply: 5
Adidas would be lovely.
Posted by: GYinScuntland, January 1, 2024, 11:14am; Reply: 6
I went to Matalan last Thursday and they had some really nice beige chinos, 78% polyester too.
I'm sure they could be a possibility for suppliers  
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, January 1, 2024, 1:32pm; Reply: 7
Castore is decent
Posted by: GrimPol, January 1, 2024, 2:00pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Bristol Mariner
Castore is decent

Didn't Castore have problems with Aston Villa kit which looked wet.
Posted by: GrimPol, January 1, 2024, 2:03pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from GollyGTFC
Kappa?!?!? Is it 1997?

And Hummel just give the same basic template kit to every team don’t they? Their isn’t much variety in their kits.

I doubt it will be Hummel as their kits have to come even further than Macron. Hummel make their bespoke kits in Lithuania and their general/teamwear stuff Turkey and Asia. The issues with supply have been largely down to the realities of post-Brexit transport between the EU and UK.

So expect a UK based supplier with a factory in this country.

Nothing to do with Brexit transport, and more to do with material from Asia to Lithuania. No material not kit made. Not that a bubbles like you know's the difference.
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, January 1, 2024, 2:41pm; Reply: 10
If it’s not Adidas then Diadora or Lotto are the only logical choices.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, January 1, 2024, 2:46pm; Reply: 11
If only Admril still did contemporary kit still.
Posted by: nightrider, January 1, 2024, 5:11pm; Reply: 12
I said it at the time we did well to use Errea.  Each to their own but unless you're a chav or a fat lad that cant run the length of the pitch, who on earth wants to walk round in Adidas 3 stripe
Errea
Posted by: 1mickylyons, January 1, 2024, 7:05pm; Reply: 13
This team deserve a black bin liner
Posted by: FishySmithy, January 1, 2024, 7:45pm; Reply: 14
I’ll Take Umbro they make some banging kits look at Boston United this season.
Posted by: Welwynmariner, January 1, 2024, 8:59pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from The Dogs Testicles

Kappa are a complete disaster - very nice designs but appalling logistics and delivery.

Town would do better to have a UK supplier or go back to Errea who never let us down.

Posted by: Ollie, January 26, 2024, 12:13pm; Reply: 16
It’s Umbro.
Posted by: Ruston AT, January 26, 2024, 12:20pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Ollie
It’s Umbro.

It's going to be interesting to see how much the kit goes up, anybody for 30%?
Posted by: Mappers, January 26, 2024, 12:29pm; Reply: 18
Bring back Diadora
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, January 26, 2024, 12:34pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Ollie
It’s Umbro.

If true, that’s brilliant
Posted by: Poojah, January 26, 2024, 12:35pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Ollie
It’s Umbro.

That’s alright. Some decent Umbro efforts in this season’s lineup (that Hearts away shirt is a thing of real beauty).

Posted by: mimma, January 26, 2024, 1:24pm; Reply: 21
How much input do we have with the design? A lot of manufacturers have a set design so kits look the same. Can we ask for changes, like making numbers more visible for example?
Posted by: Abdul19, January 26, 2024, 1:30pm; Reply: 22
Happy with that, my Umbro Botswana and Ethiopia shirts are quality!
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, January 26, 2024, 3:40pm; Reply: 23
The Derby shirt's a pig.
Posted by: Poojah, January 26, 2024, 3:48pm; Reply: 24
The Derby shirt's a pig.

I liked that one, sponsor aside. It reminds me of my early years watching football in the 90s, before the game went mad.

Posted by: GollyGTFC, January 26, 2024, 3:59pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from Ruston AT

It's going to be interesting to see how much the kit goes up, anybody for 30%?

Carlisle United are with Umbro and their adult shirts are £45 (£1 less than Town).
Posted by: Heisenberg, January 26, 2024, 4:18pm; Reply: 26
I really like the simplicity of the Bournemouth one.
Posted by: Heisenberg, January 26, 2024, 4:22pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from Heisenberg
I really like the simplicity of the Bournemouth one.

….also, I was speaking to a Cherries fan not long ago and he said they have a limited number of sponsorless shirts for sale, and they sell like hot cakes. Not sure how MyEnergy would like that, but I do!
Posted by: Mayaman, January 26, 2024, 4:30pm; Reply: 28
Who makes Cleethorpes Town shirts.  Maybe small numbers but their shirts are superior to ours.
Posted by: Marinerdan, January 26, 2024, 4:34pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from Heisenberg

….also, I was speaking to a Cherries fan not long ago and he said they have a limited number of sponsorless shirts for sale, and they sell like hot cakes. Not sure how MyEnergy would like that, but I do!

Probably because their main sponsor is a gambling company. I know they can’t add the sponsors on the children’s shirts so it may be some odd rule linked to that.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, January 26, 2024, 4:56pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from Poojah

I liked that one, sponsor aside. It reminds me of my early years watching football in the 90s, before the game went mad.

Funny you showed this shirt. The thing I don't like about the new one is the etch a sketch shoulders, notably lacking from the one above.

I really like plain shirts with minimal fussy patterns and frippery. But that's me.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, January 26, 2024, 5:04pm; Reply: 31
The Derby shirt's a pig.

Definitely a sheep
Posted by: Heisenberg, January 26, 2024, 5:09pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from Mayaman
Who makes Cleethorpes Town shirts.  Maybe small numbers but their shirts are superior to ours.

The ones they sell in Pennells look like Sunday Market rejects, they’re cack.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, January 26, 2024, 5:12pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from mimma
How much input do we have with the design? A lot of manufacturers have a set design so kits look the same. Can we ask for changes, like making numbers more visible for example?

Reckon I’ll be in the minority (of 1!) but I really like this and would be happy with it
Posted by: lowerfindus, January 26, 2024, 5:13pm; Reply: 34
Hope & Glory do the Clee kit and they are decent.
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, January 26, 2024, 5:52pm; Reply: 35
Who makes our nostalgic replica kits because the blue and red ciba admiral kit is way nicer material and quality than the actual macron kit
Posted by: mariner2000, January 26, 2024, 6:14pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from Gilbertswand
I imagine it will be Oxen who do Donnie and Lincoln's kit...Bit Meh in my opinion.

Would make sense they were British due to B Corp

Posted by: Heswall Mariner, January 26, 2024, 9:38pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from GYinScuntland
I went to Matalan last Thursday and they had some really nice beige chinos, 78% polyester too.
I'm sure they could be a possibility for suppliers  

Mmm  - not wishing to be disrespectful - but welcome to the asylum. xx
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, January 27, 2024, 9:03am; Reply: 38
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Reckon I’ll be in the minority (of 1!) but I really like this and would be happy with it

As long as I don't have to listen to Ed F*cking Sheeran....
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, January 27, 2024, 9:05am; Reply: 39
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Definitely a sheep

Saw what you did there  *doffs cap*
Posted by: mimma, January 27, 2024, 12:35pm; Reply: 40
Anybody old enough to remember the candy stripes in the late 60s ?  The image of Matt Tees wearing it is etched in my memory forever.
I think they looked smart and at the time they were unique in the league when all the kits were exactly the same.
Print page generated: May 9, 2024, 12:05pm