Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  The New Fishy  /  
Posted by: Hagrid, December 29, 2023, 10:04pm
About time he had a thread of his own.

Hurst got a lot wrong in the summer, signing of Rose was not.

He has been consistently excellent for us. 10 goals before the New Year, works his socks off, and I think he’s currently a shoe in for Player of the year.  
Posted by: It Bites, December 29, 2023, 10:08pm; Reply: 1
He’s brilliant, absolutely superb. A true Grimsby legend in the making
Posted by: Spurn boy, December 29, 2023, 10:11pm; Reply: 2
Playing as the lone striker puts himself about and runs his socks off
Posted by: LocalLadGTFC, December 29, 2023, 10:12pm; Reply: 3
You can tell by the way he puts himself about, the same way Mcatee did whilst he was here. He just gets what it means to be a Grimsby player.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, December 29, 2023, 10:13pm; Reply: 4
I was really pleased he got his goal tonight, like others have said he ran his socks off and looked absolutely knackered by the time he was taken off.
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, December 29, 2023, 10:14pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Hagrid
About time he had a thread of his own.

Hurst got a lot wrong in the summer, signing of Rose was not.

He has been consistently excellent for us. 10 goals before the New Year, works his socks off, and I think he’s currently a shoe in for Player of the year.  

He never gave up for a moment at Mansfield, great to get the reward tonight. If he carries on like this he’ll be up there with PHs best signing for us - graft as well as quality.

Posted by: Neilo83, December 29, 2023, 10:16pm; Reply: 6
How long did he sign for?
Posted by: LocalLadGTFC, December 29, 2023, 10:19pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Neilo83
How long did he sign for?

Two year deal
Posted by: 1mickylyons, December 29, 2023, 10:23pm; Reply: 8
He deserves POTY just on his workrate and sets a great example to his team mates.The whole team put a shift in tonight and that should be the benchmark it will make us much harder to beat.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 29, 2023, 10:35pm; Reply: 9
I think after 25 league games he’s now surpassed his 9 goals from last year, only injury will stop him getting a good haul this season I think.
Posted by: RonMariner, December 29, 2023, 10:47pm; Reply: 10
The best signing of the summer.
Posted by: mariner91, December 29, 2023, 10:52pm; Reply: 11
He’s brilliant. We couldn’t ask for a better striker at this level, he’s as good as Reddy and Lump were. Plus he’s sexy as hell too.
Posted by: Brummie Codfather, December 29, 2023, 11:12pm; Reply: 12
He’s the sort of player we played against for year and wished we had someone like him.  Love having him in the team
Posted by: Manchester Mariner, December 30, 2023, 12:19am; Reply: 13
He's our best player by a long way.
Posted by: livosnose, December 30, 2023, 12:37am; Reply: 14
Beep tests wear Danny Rose underpants
Posted by: Chrisblor, December 30, 2023, 1:26am; Reply: 15
I live in Sheffield and at about half ten on boxing day evening after getting home from the Mansfield match I heard a load of chanting outside my flat. Not massively unusual since I live near a load of pubs but I thought "hmm that sounds quite familiar". Opened my window and was greeted to a bunch of lads who'd been on to a post-mansfield all-dayer chanting "DANNY DANNY ROSE, DANNY DANNY ROSE", so that was unexpectedly nice.
Posted by: Balthazar Bullitt, December 30, 2023, 1:49am; Reply: 16
He deserves a better song  8)
Posted by: chaos33, December 30, 2023, 4:17am; Reply: 17
He’s ace
Posted by: acko338, December 30, 2023, 8:39am; Reply: 18
If Town can find a new No 10 in the McAtee running mould, then Rose could blossom even further towards a personal 20 goal target. Still a bit isolated as the up front target man.

Hope he stays injury free all season.
Posted by: CSLM, March 2, 2024, 11:04pm; Reply: 19
Didn't realise this thread was so far back.

I mean what can you say about today. He gives 100 percent every time but today was off the chart ( still only 100% though lol ).

I really hope he wants to stay here for at least another year but there will surely be a fair bit of interest.

What a player and what a bloke. He was one hell of a signing.

Funny today actually as a few of the others ( Wilson, Rogers, Mullarkey ) all looked decent. Not in the same league as Rose though. No sign of his head dropping even though we've been shite.

Player of the year should be a landslide.
Posted by: 140381 (Guest), March 2, 2024, 11:10pm; Reply: 20
Love him unconditionally
Posted by: Heisenberg, March 2, 2024, 11:22pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from CSLM
Didn't realise this thread was so far back.

I mean what can you say about today. He gives 100 percent every time but today was off the chart ( still only 100% though lol ).

I really hope he wants to stay here for at least another year but there will surely be a fair bit of interest.

What a player and what a bloke. He was one hell of a signing.

Funny today actually as a few of the others ( Wilson, Rogers, Mullarkey ) all looked decent. Not in the same league as Rose though. No sign of his head dropping even though we've been shite.

Player of the year should be a landslide.

I’ve been going to BP since 1989 and I’ve never seen an attacker charge down as many defenders - he’s a belter, and is not allowed to leave this summer. So that’s decided.
Posted by: ginnywings, March 2, 2024, 11:38pm; Reply: 22
Also did some great defensive headers today. One in particular second half from one of their corners, which was dangerous looking, and he got wiped out in the process.
Posted by: Davec, March 3, 2024, 7:04am; Reply: 23
Quoted from ginnywings
Also did some great defensive headers today. One in particular second half from one of their corners, which was dangerous looking, and he got wiped out in the process.

I lost count how many defensive headers he won yesterday!
Posted by: It Bites, March 3, 2024, 7:59am; Reply: 24
Rose played the role of 3 players yesterday.  He’s the best player we’ve had at BP in 20 years by a mile . The fact that he rarely gets injured speaks volumes too .
Posted by: Croxton, March 3, 2024, 10:11am; Reply: 25
IF he is with us next year he should be spared any foreign training camp, Cleethorpes Town injury fest or Greg's shuttle runs. What an example he has set to our youth players this year.
Print page generated: May 9, 2024, 8:23am