Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  The New Fishy  /  
Posted by: Heswall Mariner, December 26, 2023, 5:31pm
I have just looked this one up - we have 38 titled non Playing Staff including it seems, a "Head of Recruitment" & a "Head of Recruitment Analyst". Now I am a simple soul but maybe this is worthy of further debate following on from our Summer signings?
Posted by: Yoda, December 26, 2023, 5:43pm; Reply: 1
They have not covered themselves in glory sack both of them.
Posted by: Kris2, December 26, 2023, 6:09pm; Reply: 2
A normal amount of staff for a professional club that isn't tinpot. At this level we can't have a physio who doubles as the outfield and fitness coaching staff and a goalkeeping coach who doubles as the kit man and the tea lady then call it a day.
Posted by: paulmblythe, December 26, 2023, 6:19pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Yoda

Only then other week I was reading on here and have heard it elsewhere that hurst ignored them and signed players he wanted anyway. If that's the case how can the current squad require them to be sacked. Who knows they could have identified some great players that hurst didn't want. Point is we don't know sat here
Posted by: Yoda, December 26, 2023, 7:03pm; Reply: 4
What is the point of employing two people if we are not going to take there advice or professional judgement
Posted by: GibMariner, December 26, 2023, 8:05pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Kris2
A normal amount of staff for a professional club that isn't tinpot. At this level we can't have a physio who doubles as the outfield and fitness coaching staff and a goalkeeping coach who doubles as the kit man and the tea lady then call it a day.

Didn’t replace Shaun so that’s one less anyway 🤔
Posted by: paulmblythe, December 26, 2023, 8:18pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Yoda
What is the point of employing two people if we are not going to take there advice or professional judgement

Hurst isn't here anymore. Could be (admittedly a small part) of why he's no longer employed by the club.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 26, 2023, 10:01pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Heswall Mariner
I have just looked this one up - we have 38 titled non Playing Staff including it seems, a "Head of Recruitment" & a "Head of Recruitment Analyst". Now I am a simple soul but maybe this is worthy of further debate following on from our Summer signings?

You’re quite right, you’re simple.
Posted by: davmariner, December 27, 2023, 12:54am; Reply: 8
Surely this wins the award for most pointless thread in the history of The Fishy?
Posted by: jamesgtfc, December 27, 2023, 8:46am; Reply: 9
Quoted from Heswall Mariner

The ticket office, club shop, McMenemys, commercial department and all the other back office functions don't run themself!

In terms of non-playing staff that are involved in the playing side, I actually think we are a little light there.
Posted by: bedders78, December 27, 2023, 11:00am; Reply: 10
Quoted from Yoda

"And a happppy new year"
Print page generated: May 11, 2024, 11:03pm