Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  The New Fishy  /  
Posted by: MuddyWaters, December 7, 2023, 3:25pm
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0gy6kkc
Posted by: ska face, December 7, 2023, 3:39pm; Reply: 1
I appreciate Matt Dean’s got a job to do, and he does it very well, but he needs to get over asking which players are injured every week. If the manager wants people to know he’ll say so.
Posted by: denni266, December 7, 2023, 4:43pm; Reply: 2
Dont think he is going to give anything away by saying who is in or out because of injury
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, December 7, 2023, 5:40pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from denni266
Dont think he is going to give anything away by saying who is in or out because of injury

So you don’t think by letting the world know which players are missing through unit gives the opposing team valuable tactical information?

For example, let’s say Danny Rose is injured, well that alters our attacking play quite considerably as none of our strikers plays in the style he does! Why would we want opposing managers to know that info well in advance?
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, December 7, 2023, 5:40pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner

So you don’t think by letting the world know which players are missing through injury gives the opposing team valuable tactical information?

For example, let’s say Danny Rose is injured, well that alters our attacking play quite considerably as none of our strikers plays in the style he does! Why would we want opposing managers to know that info well in advance?

Posted by: denni266, December 7, 2023, 9:04pm; Reply: 5

So you don’t think by letting the world know which players are missing through unit gives the opposing team valuable tactical information?

Think you mis read what i put . read again pls  :)
Posted by: denni266, December 7, 2023, 9:07pm; Reply: 6

Posted by: LocalLadGTFC, December 7, 2023, 9:41pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from ska face
I appreciate Matt Dean’s got a job to do, and he does it very well, but he needs to get over asking which players are injured every week. If the manager wants people to know he’ll say so.

To play devils advocate, he could also throw the opposition managers off because they expect us to play a certain way with a certain team and him saying that someone is injured or touch and go would put doubts in the opposition head. Not just Matt Dean, it's a very common pre match and post match question for a sports journalist across any sport.
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, December 7, 2023, 10:49pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from denni266

In my defence it could be read both ways 😂
Posted by: jamesgtfc, December 8, 2023, 9:29am; Reply: 9
I thought it was a really good interview, especially the first part about youth development and having a plan for their development that included us controlling their loan moves.
Posted by: acko338, December 8, 2023, 3:05pm; Reply: 10
Development, overseeing, experience in playing in different level loan moves, not just training with no end target - all good for the younger players' progress over a good timescale.

Seniors - continuous imorovement through more regular coaching time, tactics, awareness, making the best of their own abilities as part of the bigger picture.

Miracles don't happen overnight, but the boss is happy to see take up of what is wanted.

Sharpness for set pieces is a must, so as not to waste opportunities given away.

No big promises made, just a commitment and thank you to the fans.
Posted by: LondonMariner43, December 8, 2023, 3:44pm; Reply: 11
The pre match interview with Anthony Glennon is an eye opener.  Several times that the players are enjoying it more under DA.  PH did some great stuff but somehow he had lost faith in the players he had signed particularly the likes of Hunt and Glennon.
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, December 8, 2023, 5:31pm; Reply: 12
I love in his youtube video where the interviewer asks DA

"Is there any change to the squad available to you from what you had at Oxford? Any players coming back or anything?

DA :" Errrrrrr..............yes", with a slight nod.

Interviewer : "Any more information or not?"

DA : "Nooooo"

I like this man already
Print page generated: May 13, 2024, 8:01pm