Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  The New Fishy  /  
Posted by: 1mickylyons, December 7, 2023, 12:25pm
Bit of a struggle with the online system again early doors have we now sold out ?
Posted by: ska face, December 7, 2023, 12:52pm; Reply: 1
Just checked and there seems to be plenty available now.

Looks like the system went pear-shaped at 9am so they took them off sale until 10am.
Posted by: Hagrid, December 7, 2023, 1:00pm; Reply: 2
Probably one of the Worst Away days we have- even if it is down the road- The Police are ALWAYS over zealous
Posted by: Mariner_09, December 7, 2023, 1:55pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Hagrid
Probably one of the Worst Away days we have- even if it is down the road- The Police are ALWAYS over zealous

12.30, no direct trains, over zealous policing, probably get beat.

I've bought my ticket.
Posted by: Poojah, December 7, 2023, 1:59pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Mariner_09

I've bought my ticket.

There are no trains at all on this occasion. Even better.
Posted by: oochiad, December 7, 2023, 2:05pm; Reply: 5
I’m one of the lucky ones, when ever I buy a ticket online I never have a problem. UTM, here’s hoping for lots of points over Christmas!
Posted by: 1mickylyons, December 7, 2023, 3:45pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Mariner_09

I've bought my ticket.

Better than a Boxing Day at home with the Inlaws .I'd be going even if it was Plymouth away
Posted by: Civvy at last, December 8, 2023, 9:47am; Reply: 7
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Better than a Boxing Day at home with the Inlaws .I'd be going even if it was Plymouth away

You have a PM mate
Posted by: 800 (Guest), December 8, 2023, 12:01pm; Reply: 8
Thankfully have a lift there so I'm going. Not an ideal BD game but it beats sitting in the house.
Posted by: Mariner_09, December 8, 2023, 12:54pm; Reply: 9
Why can't we ever play at home on Boxing Day.

Given where I am for Christmas, a home game would be so much more convenient!
Posted by: gtfc_chris, December 8, 2023, 1:15pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Mariner_09
Why can't we ever play at home on Boxing Day.

Given where I am for Christmas, a home game would be so much more convenient!

I'm sure I've read somewhere that this is at the request of the Club because there's racing on at Market Rasen and the thought process is we'd lose figures on attendance to that, maybe coupled with family commitments both locally and with exiles that make a home game a 'risk' of low numbers that could be avoided by playing away and then having the home fixture on New Years day instead. The second part I'm speculating with my own possible reason, but the racing one I think has been mentioned before.
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, December 8, 2023, 5:39pm; Reply: 11
Over the years Good Friday has always been good for a big crowd. Biggest Boxing Day crowd I can recall Newcastle in 80 about 18k, but with 4k+ Mags. Scunny in 72 was 16k also Barnsley in 79 was about 15k. But we got 15k v Carlisle on GF 80 with feck all away fans and then 18k+ v Hull on Easter Monday. Sandwiched between we took 5k to Barnsley on Easter Saturday.
Posted by: Ashby mariner, December 10, 2023, 6:42pm; Reply: 12
Any idea anyone how many we have sold? I want to go but won't know for sure until next week.
Posted by: moosey_club, December 10, 2023, 8:02pm; Reply: 13
Now we have an inside woman at the EFL I expect a bumper derby home match next season.
Print page generated: May 10, 2024, 12:03am