Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  The New Fishy  /  
Posted by: lukeo, November 29, 2023, 7:08am
Safe travels to anyone travelling on Saturday, make some noise for.the boys!

My question is, is the game being streamed anywhere abroad? I can't seem to find any information anywhere about it
Posted by: Hagrid, November 29, 2023, 7:13am; Reply: 1
No it isnt
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, November 29, 2023, 8:27am; Reply: 2
Should be a decent game - both sides under new management - play like last night and we will give them a decent game

Many sold for us do we know?

Not been to this new Oxford ground but looking online it looks like a slightly bigger Sixfields  ??)
Posted by: 1mickylyons, November 29, 2023, 8:46am; Reply: 3
Think last nights game will shift a few more tickets.
Posted by: chaos33, November 29, 2023, 8:47am; Reply: 4
I’d be surprised if we don’t shift all 1497. Not sure if there’s any left. Probably there are as you might expect to hear that they’d all gone (if they had). Could be a good game.
Posted by: Poojah, November 29, 2023, 9:02am; Reply: 5
Quoted from Mariner Timsky
Should be a decent game - both sides under new management - play like last night and we will give them a decent game

Many sold for us do we know?

Not been to this new Oxford ground but looking online it looks like a slightly bigger Sixfields  ??)

It’s a lot bigger than Sixfields, but with only three sides. Oxford’s a cracking city, it’s a real shame the ground is nowhere near the centre of it. Their new one, if it goes ahead, won’t be either, but would be much better connected by public transport, a la the Amex at Brighton.
Posted by: Caveman, November 29, 2023, 9:18am; Reply: 6
See they lost 2 - 0  to Cheltenham with George Lloyd setting up
the second goal.
Posted by: Hagrid, November 29, 2023, 9:47am; Reply: 7
Quoted from chaos33
I’d be surprised if we don’t shift all 1497. Not sure if there’s any left. Probably there are as you might expect to hear that they’d all gone (if they had). Could be a good game.

doubt that, we only took 7/800 to Cambridge last year for the 2nd round, And we havent travelled as well ( still brilliantly) but not as high as numbers as previous years this season
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, November 29, 2023, 10:05am; Reply: 8
Quoted from Poojah

It’s a lot bigger than Sixfields, but with only three sides. Oxford’s a cracking city, it’s a real shame the ground is nowhere near the centre of it. Their new one, if it goes ahead, won’t be either, but would be much better connected by public transport, a la the Amex at Brighton.

Agree totally with this. Some great pubs in the city centre. Not been there for 5 years though so couldn’t say what’s around there now. According to the grounds guide, you can get a pint and food at the ground though.

https://footballgroundguide.com/leagues/england/league-one/kassam-stadium-oxford-united.html
Posted by: Poojah, November 29, 2023, 2:46pm; Reply: 9
Not to be the party pooper after last night’s enjoyable game, but do we see this game as a potential victim of the weather? According to the BBC, it’s forecast to get mightily cold towards the end of the week and into the weekend; set to drop below zero at 5pm on the Friday and not due to get back above until 11am on the Saturday.

From a quick Google, Oxford have covers but not undersoil heating, and had a game called off against Barnsley in early December last year, after a 9:30am pitch inspection. It doesn’t look as though it will get quite as cold as it did then though (due to be -3 as opposed to -7), which might just be the saving grace. Something to keep an eye on though, if you’re going.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2640729

https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/23182949.oxford-united-game-barnsley-postponed-due-frozen-pitch/

Posted by: lukeo, November 29, 2023, 3:41pm; Reply: 10
Gutted
Posted by: Poojah, November 29, 2023, 3:47pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from lukeo
Gutted

Well, it might be on yet…
Posted by: lukeo, November 29, 2023, 3:51pm; Reply: 12
I'm gutted I can't watch it on my TV not that it might be cancelled  ;D
Posted by: Mayaman, November 29, 2023, 3:54pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Poojah
Not to be the party pooper after last night’s enjoyable game, but do we see this game as a potential victim of the weather? According to the BBC, it’s forecast to get mightily cold towards the end of the week and into the weekend; set to drop below zero at 5pm on the Friday and not due to get back above until 11am on the Saturday.

From a quick Google, Oxford have covers but not undersoil heating, and had a game called off against Barnsley in early December last year, after a 9:30am pitch inspection. It doesn’t look as though it will get quite as cold as it did then though (due to be -3 as opposed to -7), which might just be the saving grace. Something to keep an eye on though, if you’re going.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2640729

It's Oxford.  Surely all those brians churning away would create some heat.
https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/23182949.oxford-united-game-barnsley-postponed-due-frozen-pitch/

Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, November 29, 2023, 4:25pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from lukeo
I'm gutted I can't watch it on my TV not that it might be cancelled  ;D

Surprised you aren’t going Luke as it’s relatively close for you
Posted by: lukeo, November 30, 2023, 2:22am; Reply: 15
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Surprised you aren’t going Luke as it’s relatively close for you

I've already got train tickets booked for Newport and Notts County at home and if I'm being honest I'm more than skint shall we say.
Posted by: rancido, November 30, 2023, 12:59pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Mayaman

I didn't realise there were a lot of Brian's in Oxford.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, November 30, 2023, 1:05pm; Reply: 17
Everywhere has a lot of Brian’s.  They congregate more in Oxford and Cambridge though.
Posted by: The Caterham Mariner, November 30, 2023, 3:51pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Mayaman

lndeed weather watching  BBC Weather App to
see IF Game on / Cancelled,plus  "Fishy" and Town website too for conformation
To jump in the car .Anticipation for all concerned  
Saturday  morning for me is 0930 last call decision 1030Hrs.
UTM2023--24

Posted by: Poojah, November 30, 2023, 4:52pm; Reply: 19
lndeed weather watching  BBC Weather App to
see IF Game on / Cancelled,plus  "Fishy" and Town website too for conformation
To jump in the car .Anticipation for all concerned  
Saturday  morning for me is 0930 last call decision 1030Hrs.
UTM2023--24

Looking at the forecast, if a call comes, they should at least be able to make it early. It’s currently due to be -3 at 9am and -1 at 11am, not getting above 0 until about 1pm.

It will surely come down to how effective the frost covers have been; if the pitch isn’t playable early morning, there’s not an awful lot that going to change that in the hours before the game.
Posted by: GrimPol, November 30, 2023, 5:07pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Everywhere has a lot of Brian’s.  They congregate more in Oxford and Cambridge though.

These Brian's are special as they churn a lot. 8)
Posted by: GrimPol, November 30, 2023, 5:16pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Poojah

Looking at the forecast, if a call comes, they should at least be able to make it early. It’s currently due to be -3 at 9am and -1 at 11am, not getting above 0 until about 1pm.

It will surely come down to how effective the frost covers have been; if the pitch isn’t playable early morning, there’s not an awful lot that going to change that in the hours before the game.

I'm not sure DA will cry. He has said two away games interfere with training and inculcation. I think he'll be praying for a postponement.(clap)
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, December 1, 2023, 8:30am; Reply: 22
Cannot see this happening, falling to -4 tonight with a high of +1 tomorrow...
Posted by: cod_head_doug, December 1, 2023, 1:36pm; Reply: 23
Hope I don't get as far as Leicester before they call it off.
Anyone know if there is a pitch inspection today, rather than leaving it until tomorrow morning ?
Posted by: crusty ole pie, December 1, 2023, 2:16pm; Reply: 24
The team have left so can’t see there being a pitch inspection today as surely they would have delayed leaving until the inspection had been conducted
Posted by: samg, December 1, 2023, 2:27pm; Reply: 25
Just spoke to someone at Oxford utd fc - they've had the covers on since Tuesday and the groundsman thinks they'll not be a problem at all with regards the game going ahead👍 they're expecting a crowd of around 4000
Posted by: pizzzza, December 1, 2023, 2:44pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from GrimPol

I'm not sure DA will cry. He has said two away games interfere with training and inculcation. I think he'll be praying for a postponement.(clap)

Whether it is postponed or not it will still have interfered this week, might as well get it played now (rather than have a mid-week trip to Oxford and a potential replay in the run-up to a busy Xmas period).
Posted by: The Caterham Mariner, December 2, 2023, 8:32am; Reply: 27
Quoted from pizzzza

Whether it is postponed or not it will still have interfered this week, might as well get it played now (rather than have a mid-week trip to Oxford and a potential replay in the run-up to a busy Xmas period).

Indeed ,when folks watching their money too.
Posted by: Peeler_Crab, December 2, 2023, 8:41am; Reply: 28
Tweet 1730868798964523038 will appear here...
Posted by: The Caterham Mariner, December 2, 2023, 9:00am; Reply: 29
Quoted from Peeler_Crab
Tweet 1730868798964523038 will appear here...

YIPPPEEEE.... I am my way in the little Ford Ka !!
UTM
Posted by: Poojah, December 2, 2023, 9:09am; Reply: 30

YIPPPEEEE.... I am my way in the little Ford Ka !!
UTM

Too cold for the Caterham?
Posted by: Les Brechin, December 2, 2023, 10:25am; Reply: 31
Called off 30 minutes before kick-off now I bet!
Posted by: conscorner, December 2, 2023, 1:12pm; Reply: 32
Just arrived at the stadium. A little misty but no signs of frost.

Looking good.

UTM
Posted by: The Caterham Mariner, December 2, 2023, 4:00pm; Reply: 33
Bloody Fog
I want half my ticket money back.
Print page generated: May 11, 2024, 7:05am