Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  The New Fishy  /  
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, November 28, 2023, 11:47pm
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, November 29, 2023, 12:27am; Reply: 1
Clifton talking after the game tonight.

Posted by: Yoda, November 29, 2023, 2:12am; Reply: 2
I like the sound of Mr Artell even more after that interview, Interesting his comments about the players never being asked to adapt in matches to opponents changing their formation.
Posted by: 137 (Guest), November 29, 2023, 5:59am; Reply: 3
Every time I hear the ExtraSpecialOne speak I'm more impressed.

Already starting to fret he'll take us into the Premiership and we'll have to endure VAR...*

*not really
Posted by: lukeo, November 29, 2023, 7:07am; Reply: 4
Enjoyed that.
Posted by: pizzzza, November 29, 2023, 7:11am; Reply: 5
"Artelligence"
Posted by: DB, November 29, 2023, 2:52pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
Clifton talking after the game tonight.

Happy Harry, well done.

Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, November 29, 2023, 3:43pm; Reply: 7
I like his honesty, openness and positivity sprinkled with reality.

I loved that he got them all together after 5 minutes and was coaching 'in the moment'.

I might be getting a man crush.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, November 29, 2023, 5:18pm; Reply: 8
The thing that stands out is that he doesn’t say stuff for the sake of it. He’s an intelligent bloke who is quite prepared to say what he sees.

In this interview, for example, he says he’s happy but it’s only the start of the journey. Some of us are wetting our pants about the performance but he’s telling us not to. He’ll know exactly how much we need to be better and I think he’ll know how to handle our expectations.
Posted by: Sinkfortheladies, November 29, 2023, 5:36pm; Reply: 9
"Sometimes I'll come out here and say I'm not sure what they were doing!"

Artell has obviously watched a lot of Town this season!

I love his honesty and I'm certainly looking forward to rest of this season and beyond!
Posted by: Trevor Whymark, November 29, 2023, 7:47pm; Reply: 10
Posted by: Azimuth, November 29, 2023, 7:59pm; Reply: 11
Talks like a manager with high expectations from himself and his players, a winner.
Posted by: IowaMariner, November 29, 2023, 9:49pm; Reply: 12
Wee bit concerned at some of the OTT comments about last night’s game. Not surprised, given how folks can go from feast to famine and back again from game to game. Don’t get me wrong. Last night’s performance was very good and extremely positive. Clearly there were a number of things to be upbeat about, but the notion that we’ve turned the corner and have gone from relegation possibles back to potential play-off contenders based on one game is a bit of a stretch at this point.

I would like nothing more than to see Town climb the table on the back of quality, entertaining and flowing football but it’s by no means a given after one game - even allowing for Coach Artell’s approach, his seeming immediate impact, the tactical set-up vs the Dons and the new found freedom displayed by the team. But by DA’s own admission, there’s a long way to go and I’d hate to see expectations get too carried away.

UTM
Posted by: arryarryarry, November 29, 2023, 11:51pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from IowaMariner
Wee bit concerned at some of the OTT comments about last night’s game. Not surprised, given how folks can go from feast to famine and back again from game to game. Don’t get me wrong. Last night’s performance was very good and extremely positive. Clearly there were a number of things to be upbeat about, but the notion that we’ve turned the corner and have gone from relegation possibles back to potential play-off contenders based on one game is a bit of a stretch at this point.

I would like nothing more than to see Town climb the table on the back of quality, entertaining and flowing football but it’s by no means a given after one game - even allowing for Coach Artell’s approach, his seeming immediate impact, the tactical set-up vs the Dons and the new found freedom displayed by the team. But by DA’s own admission, there’s a long way to go and I’d hate to see expectations get too carried away.

UTM

Not sure how many are now suggesting we are play-off contenders after just one game.

What I saw was some of the best football I have seen in a long time, slick passing, passing to feet and getting players forward more quickly than we usually do.

There are still issues with defending especially with their goal and the chance they had right at the end of the game. We should have scored more goals with the chances we had.

Having said all that I enjoyed the game much more than some than some of the recent games.
Print page generated: May 10, 2024, 3:38pm