Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  The New Fishy  /  
Posted by: JBazza, November 17, 2023, 2:21pm
Tweet 1725489867868483841 will appear here...

Cant wait for Man City getting -1150 points...fair play to every one I guess?
Posted by: Abdul19, November 17, 2023, 2:25pm; Reply: 1
Good season for Everton to get it given the guff at the bottom of the table.
Posted by: chrissy, November 17, 2023, 3:17pm; Reply: 2
Chelsea being paying Abramovich on the quiet so they should get some punishment as well.

I am glad I support GRIMSBY !!!!!!   ;D
Posted by: Mappers, November 17, 2023, 3:26pm; Reply: 3
Surely just a pre-cursor to what Chelsea & City get -- probably a route to get Liverpool and Utd back on top from the authorities ?
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 17, 2023, 3:31pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Mappers
Surely just a pre-cursor to what Chelsea & City get -- probably a route to get Liverpool and Utd back on top from the authorities ?

If they both get relegated and they could but I doubt it,

Luton stay in the prem. and some nice away days in the championship.
Posted by: wuffing, November 17, 2023, 3:32pm; Reply: 5
Relegate them all down to League 2, then they won't have to bother trying to smuggle B teams into the lower leagues!
Posted by: JBazza, November 17, 2023, 3:38pm; Reply: 6
Seriously there must be an ridiculous high punishment for those two, especially City. Drop them into league one and give them a 6 year european cups ban which comes into effect the moment they promote back to the premier league. Punish them as example so never ever another club even thinks about cheating like that
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 17, 2023, 3:53pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from wuffing
Relegate them all down to League 2, then they won't have to bother trying to smuggle B teams into the lower leagues!

That's a good idea we have beaten both of them home and away in my time supporting town.

We can do it one more time . ;D
Posted by: golfer, November 17, 2023, 4:15pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from JBazza
Seriously there must be an ridiculous high punishment for those two, especially City. Drop them into league one and give them a 6 year european cups ban which comes into effect the moment they promote back to the premier league. Punish them as example so never ever another club even thinks about cheating like that

Birch the lot (all  except Jack Grealish  cos. I like him)
Posted by: Heisenberg, November 17, 2023, 4:49pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Mappers

Haaland will be off to Real Madrid quicker than you can say “release clause”!
Posted by: blundellpork, November 17, 2023, 5:11pm; Reply: 10
Convenient for Everton to be punished in a season where the deduction probably won’t send them down, but Man City appear to be on a whole new level of breaches. Sadly I don’t think the Premier League will take them to task, and it will be a fine or slap on the wrist.

Until teams are removed from the league, be that kicked out, or points deduction and relegated, where is the incentive for behaviour to change?

Justice would be for Everton to have been deducted points last season, and be relegated, and for City (if found guilty) to have titles stripped. Sadly, I just can’t see any of this happening, as the Premier League don’t want to upset the Apple cart.
Posted by: Bigdog, November 17, 2023, 6:32pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from blundellpork
Convenient for Everton to be punished in a season where the deduction probably won’t send them down, but Man City appear to be on a whole new level of breaches. Sadly I don’t think the Premier League will take them to task, and it will be a fine or slap on the wrist.

Until teams are removed from the league, be that kicked out, or points deduction and relegated, where is the incentive for behaviour to change?

Justice would be for Everton to have been deducted points last season, and be relegated, and for City (if found guilty) to have titles stripped. Sadly, I just can’t see any of this happening, as the Premier League don’t want to upset the Apple cart.

Totally agree. Complete stitch up..
Posted by: White_shorts, November 17, 2023, 6:46pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Mappers

Manchester United's current squad is nowhere near good enough to be champions.  They are living up to the nickname Manure.

Posted by: Gaffer58, November 17, 2023, 7:01pm; Reply: 13
As heard on talksport, the big 6 a couple of years back wanted to leave the premiership and enter a European league, they get a £3 million fine only. Obviously Everton are not looked upon as a big enough club so they can be punished.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, November 17, 2023, 9:24pm; Reply: 14
This could be the excuse Man City , Chelsea etc need to bin the PL off for the super league. Probably with some Saudi teams involved. With all 1000 home fans .  Complete joke . Fook them off and build a new league.
Posted by: supertown, November 17, 2023, 9:29pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
This could be the excuse Man City , Chelsea etc need to bin the PL off for the super league. Probably with some Saudi teams involved. With all 1000 home fans .  Complete joke . Fook them off and build a new league.

Why is it a joke ? The rules are there and have proven to have been broken .
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, November 17, 2023, 9:37pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from supertown

Why is it a joke ? The rules are there and have proven to have been broken .

Yeah …. I’m not questioning the validity of giving them a 10 point penalty. The joke is the PL clubs think they can do what they want. Get it now ?!
Posted by: pen penfras, November 18, 2023, 7:34am; Reply: 17
10 points seems a bit excessive when the intention of the rules are to stop excessive spending that puts clubs into administration yet the club that ended up in administration only got a 9 point deduction.

Not sure I like the rule anyway. The spending of Chelsea and Man City is what broke the boring Utd dominance. As long as the spending isn't putting a club's future at risk.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, November 18, 2023, 8:38am; Reply: 18
I struggle to believe that the EPL will do the same to Chelsea and Man City, they will see it as killing the golden goose.

I think we have an Olympic level demonstration of double standards coming.
Posted by: Heisenberg, November 18, 2023, 9:07am; Reply: 19
Quoted from Gaffer58
As heard on talksport, the big 6 a couple of years back wanted to leave the premiership and enter a European league, they get a £3 million fine only. Obviously Everton are not looked upon as a big enough club so they can be punished.

They weren’t going to leave the Premier League, the ESL was in addition to domestic competitions.
Posted by: pontoonlew, November 18, 2023, 9:30am; Reply: 20
City will somehow worm their way out of it, they always do. Evertons mistake was to cooperate with the investigation and pretty much admit their guilt.

City will pour millions into fighting it and will no doubt get a pathetic punishment as a result.
Posted by: wuffing, November 18, 2023, 5:17pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from pontoonlew
City will somehow worm their way out of it, they always do. Evertons mistake was to cooperate with the investigation and pretty much admit their guilt.

City will pour millions into fighting it and will no doubt get a pathetic punishment as a result.

Money stinks
Posted by: DB, November 18, 2023, 5:39pm; Reply: 22
It looks like they'll get another 9 points deducted. It's a complete mess at Goodison.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12765089/Everton-NINE-POINT-deduction-administration-Burnley-Leicester-Leeds-compensation.html
Print page generated: May 10, 2024, 5:57am