Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  The New Fishy  /  
Posted by: Ashby mariner, November 16, 2023, 6:04pm
Mansfield moved to 1230pm. Shame has that takes up most of the day now.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, November 16, 2023, 6:08pm; Reply: 1
Notts OB what a bunch of festive killjoys
Posted by: moosey_club, November 16, 2023, 8:43pm; Reply: 2
Shocker !
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, November 16, 2023, 8:59pm; Reply: 3
Let’s hope this is not just their opening gambit in the killjoy stakes, and there is no follow-up play with a limit to 1k tickets…
Posted by: grimps, November 17, 2023, 4:08am; Reply: 4
Quoted from Limerick Mariner
Let’s hope this is not just their opening gambit in the killjoy stakes, and there is no follow-up play with a limit to 1k tickets…

Then 2 days before they'll change it to 12 for TV
Posted by: bedders78, November 17, 2023, 8:45am; Reply: 5
No trouble at the cup match earlier in the year and it was pay on the gate - well at the ticket office, where both sets of fans were queuing with no bother at all
Posted by: Captain Sensible, November 20, 2023, 12:01am; Reply: 6
Quoted from 1mickylyons
Notts OB what a bunch of festive killjoys

Perhaps this is something that the forthcoming independent football regulator can be pressed into taking action on?
Posted by: 141269 (Guest), November 20, 2023, 7:02am; Reply: 7
It'll need a few meetings between our respective teams without incident before the fixture isn't classed as being problematic.

Part of the rationale will be previous history between the clubs.
The cup game earlier in the season won't really be used as a yardstick of progress given the fact it was the pizza trophy and attendance was low.

We've had history with many clubs in the past which would instantly cause panic upon the announcement of the sessions fixtures but time is a healer.

Think Burton Albion.  If we played them tomorrow there'd be no real issue anymore but that wasn't always the case.
Lincoln games started to lose the edge they had, same with Scunny.
A lot depends on what's at stake at the time of the game too.  

I hope that the game passes without incident at the game but more importantly away from the ground which is where most of the issues arise.  
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, November 20, 2023, 7:24am; Reply: 8
Quoted from Captain Sensible

Perhaps this is something that the forthcoming independent football regulator can be pressed into taking action on?

They'll be way too busy thinking up reasons why Man City shouldn't get a points deduction.
Posted by: Gaffer58, November 20, 2023, 1:03pm; Reply: 9

They'll be way too busy thinking up reasons why Man City shouldn't get a points deduction.

We’ll said Mr Cummings, if this regulator is appointed they will not even know leagues 1 & 2 exist.
Posted by: Son of Cod, November 22, 2023, 7:41am; Reply: 10
Quoted from 141269
It'll need a few meetings between our respective teams without incident before the fixture isn't classed as being problematic.

Part of the rationale will be previous history between the clubs.
The cup game earlier in the season won't really be used as a yardstick of progress given the fact it was the pizza trophy and attendance was low.

We've had history with many clubs in the past which would instantly cause panic upon the announcement of the sessions fixtures but time is a healer.

Think Burton Albion.  If we played them tomorrow there'd be no real issue anymore but that wasn't always the case.
Lincoln games started to lose the edge they had, same with Scunny.
A lot depends on what's at stake at the time of the game too.  

I hope that the game passes without incident at the game but more importantly away from the ground which is where most of the issues arise.  

When was the last time there was any trouble between us and Mansfield? Trying to think of anything happening in any of the ones I've been to and drawing a blank.
Posted by: Chalky, November 22, 2023, 8:42am; Reply: 11
I initially thought that Forest might have had a high profile game at home but they are away at Newcastle,Notts are at home to Donny so it just seems like Mansfield’s rozzers want a early finish to get a Boxing Day pint
Posted by: forza ivano, November 22, 2023, 1:39pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Chalky
I initially thought that Forest might have had a high profile game at home but they are away at Newcastle,Notts are at home to Donny so it just seems like Mansfield’s rozzers want a early finish to get a Boxing Day pint

Hi Chalky ,tweet foing the rounds saying you're interested in Jamie Jellis of Tamworth..v good young player, v. Strong n skilful midfielder. Aylesbury lad who I had the pleasure of watching for the ( not so) mighty Ducks.made his debut at 16, and immediately looked good enough n strong enough for mens football. Nice lad as well  hope you get him, n that he does really well
Posted by: Chalky, November 22, 2023, 1:56pm; Reply: 13
Yeah there’s been interest by Notts but I think that Wycombe and Peterborough are also looking at him,I think that we are looking into strengthning our squad for the future rather than chuck him in the first squad the week after signing (should he sign of course)
The trouble with rumours is that they are just that,rumours but he is our kind of player,if Football Radar take an interest then there’s something in it
Print page generated: May 9, 2024, 9:29pm