Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  The New Fishy  /  
Posted by: 140381 (Guest), November 11, 2023, 10:22pm
No, not a suggestion for new manager. Just wondered, did anyone ever ask him over the years if he regretted leaving Town for property development? Imagine if he’d stayed…

Next week: Bill Shankly,
Posted by: HertsGTFC, November 11, 2023, 10:34pm; Reply: 1
Don’t know what he’s doing now but he came back into football and did quite well as a coach in a number of footballing backwaters.

Also think his daughter was married to the late great Gary Moore, might be wrong about that bit though.
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 11, 2023, 10:54pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Don’t know what he’s doing now but he came back into football and did quite well as a coach in a number of footballing backwaters.

Also think his daughter was married to the late great Gary Moore, might be wrong about that bit though.

Yes Gary Moore was Dave's son in law.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, November 11, 2023, 11:06pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from grimsby pete

Thanks Pete, the thing that I could confirm
Is a friend of mine in the 80’s used to live next door to the Booth family in Holton Le Clay
Posted by: Perkins, November 11, 2023, 11:07pm; Reply: 4
His Ex wife is a friend of the family, He  spent years managing African and Asian teams, comes back here occasionally, mainly for medical treatment. Not in good health at the moment.
Posted by: Heisenberg, November 12, 2023, 12:33am; Reply: 5
Quoted from grimsby pete

And Phil Lynott as Gary’s best man, I believe?
Posted by: denni266, November 12, 2023, 2:38am; Reply: 6
Quoted from Heisenberg

And Phil Lynott as Gary’s best man, I believe?

What a great guitarist Gary was
Posted by: rancido, November 12, 2023, 7:52am; Reply: 7
Quoted from denni266

He certainly was. I first heard him in the very early 1970's with a band called Skid Row ( not the American outfit with that name now!). He was only about 17 then and you could tell he was destined for better things.
Posted by: It Bites, November 12, 2023, 8:29am; Reply: 8
Quoted from denni266

One of the best . Empty Rooms is just sublime . His blues records were brilliant too
Posted by: 140381 (Guest), November 12, 2023, 9:14am; Reply: 9
What have I done?  ??)
Posted by: DB, November 12, 2023, 11:17am; Reply: 10
Quoted from Perkins
His Ex wife is a friend of the family, He  spent years managing African and Asian teams, comes back here occasionally, mainly for medical treatment. Not in good health at the moment.

I wish him well and hope his health is sorted out for him.

Print page generated: May 10, 2024, 1:17am