Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  The New Fishy  /  
Posted by: LocalLadGTFC, October 25, 2023, 2:55pm
Been told Andrew and Debbie both were in attendance last night and there's a board meeting today, will provide more info if/when I get it
Posted by: somersetmariner, October 25, 2023, 2:57pm; Reply: 1
Thanks local lad
Posted by: crusty ole pie, October 25, 2023, 2:58pm; Reply: 2
Think the fans need a statement to calm things down
Posted by: LocalLadGTFC, October 25, 2023, 3:01pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from crusty ole pie

Not sure a statement is needed, if they don't decide to sack him then I expect him to be here for a prolonged period. Being beaten by a Colchester side at home that have conceded 28 is rock bottom.. so if he isn't sacked today i'd expect him here for another month or so.
Posted by: Poojah, October 25, 2023, 3:01pm; Reply: 4

3 points last night and a rousing performance would have been a more effective solution. Little point in saying anything unless there’s something definite to announce. Any statement will just be seen as the vote of confidence which inevitably precedes a change in management.
Posted by: davmariner, October 25, 2023, 3:06pm; Reply: 5

Or fans just need to calm down full stop.
Posted by: ska face, October 25, 2023, 3:14pm; Reply: 6
Scotch egg menu getting a refresh?

Sorry, couldn’t resist, utm 🐟
Posted by: jamesgtfc, October 25, 2023, 3:20pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from ska face
Scotch egg menu getting a refresh?

Sorry, couldn’t resist, utm 🐟

Having a quick rethink who will be replacing our goalkeeper(s) in the 2024 calendar.

Talking of calendars, Max Crocombe is the face of October.
Posted by: Poojah, October 25, 2023, 3:22pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Having a quick rethink who will be replacing our goalkeeper(s) in the 2024 calendar.

Talking of calendars, Max Crocombe is the face of October.

Posted by: Limerick Mariner, October 25, 2023, 3:33pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Poojah

I don’t have the calendar, but based on Max’s theatrical skill set, I expect he was able to perfect the Mona Lisa kind of ironic smile that is currently following PH around his office…
Posted by: 141269 (Guest), October 25, 2023, 4:02pm; Reply: 10
Can anybody confirm Andrew was there last night.  Jason wasn't.  I sit nearby and can't recall seeing Andrew either.
Posted by: Poojah, October 25, 2023, 4:04pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from 141269
Can anybody confirm Andrew was there last night.  Jason wasn't.  I sit nearby and can't recall seeing Andrew either.

It was posted on here earlier on that he was.
Posted by: arryarryarry, October 25, 2023, 4:08pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Poojah

It was posted on here earlier on that he was.

I saw him there as well.
Posted by: Hagrid, October 25, 2023, 4:08pm; Reply: 13
I was there for Fish And Chips last night In Mcmenemys and i didnt see either Debbie or Andrew
Posted by: gobby, October 25, 2023, 4:20pm; Reply: 14
Maybe they don’t like Fish and Chips! 😏😎
Posted by: Mariner_09, October 25, 2023, 4:23pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from gobby

Stockwood out in that case!!
Posted by: forza ivano, October 25, 2023, 4:24pm; Reply: 16
I have my doubts. They have said on several occasions about the futility of immediate knee jerk decisions  n taking the emotion out of footballing decisions
Posted by: heppy88, October 25, 2023, 4:33pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from forza ivano
I have my doubts. They have said on several occasions about the futility of immediate knee jerk decisions  n taking the emotion out of footballing decisions

It will hardly be knee jerk though will it? This has been going on for weeks. At what point is it no longer ‘knee jerk’?
Posted by: jamesgtfc, October 25, 2023, 4:37pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from forza ivano

The OP had regular chats with Ryan Bennett whilst walking his dog and told us all the bookings arriving at the club hotel a couple of transfer windows ago.

Like you say, given that Stockwood has publicly said he waits a couple of days to take emotion out of their decision-making, it seems unlikely for there to be a board meeting today. We have a couple of Trust board members on here I think, perhaps they could confirm if Kristine and Dave attended a board meeting today.
Posted by: BenBB, October 25, 2023, 5:04pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from gobby

Or worse, they only like cod 🤮🤢
Posted by: davmariner, October 25, 2023, 5:06pm; Reply: 20
Yeah the OP is a well known bs’er.
Posted by: Poojah, October 25, 2023, 5:08pm; Reply: 21
Well, it’s gone 5 o’clock, so I imagine if there were to be any announcement today we would have had it by now.

For me, the biggest surprise today is that no one has started a thread with the title “Hurst gone”, followed by a message body of “…to get some milk from the shop” (or something to that effect). Credit to any of you who’ve been fighting the temptation all day.
Posted by: Maringer, October 25, 2023, 5:46pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from Poojah
For me, the biggest surprise today is that no one has started a thread with the title “Hurst gone”, followed by a message body of “…to get some milk from the shop” (or something to that effect). Credit to any of you who’ve been fighting the temptation all day.

The quality of trolling on this board really has gone downhill in recent years.
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, October 25, 2023, 6:38pm; Reply: 23
Frankly I’m lost for words.

Given where we are now at, I think the following. PH is told an acceptable performance at Donny, even if we lose. Is a minimum. Plus a win at Slough in the FA cup.

Then decide. If we are humiliated at Donny and lose at Slough, he has to go……

No point in sacking this week…..
Posted by: toontown, October 25, 2023, 6:57pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
Frankly I’m lost for words.

Given where we are now at, I think the following. PH is told an acceptable performance at Donny, even if we lose. Is a minimum. Plus a win at Slough in the FA cup.

Then decide. If we are humiliated at Donny and lose at Slough, he has to go……

No point in sacking this week…..

Waiting till Slough is simply a waste of time and quite frankly it's irrelevant if we can overcome a struggling NLS team, it bears no relation to our ability to compete in L2.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, October 26, 2023, 4:16pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC
Been told Andrew and Debbie both were in attendance last night and there's a board meeting today, will provide more info if/when I get it

Has the meeting finished yet, do you know?
Posted by: diehardmariner, October 26, 2023, 4:24pm; Reply: 26
I think Slade's still trying to connect his laptop to the projector to show his PowerPoint presentation.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, October 26, 2023, 4:35pm; Reply: 27

Has the meeting finished yet, do you know?

Cancelled as they had no where to park.
Posted by: Poojah, October 26, 2023, 4:53pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Cancelled as they had no where to park.

Let’s just hope this is nothing more than a bit of routine maintenance, and Stockwood hasn’t taken inspiration from watching Brookside re-runs in a bid to avoid having to pay Hurst and Doig’s severance fees.

Tweet 1717461205546123514 will appear here...
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, October 26, 2023, 5:06pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from Poojah

Let’s just hope this is nothing more than a bit of routine maintenance, and Stockwood hasn’t taken inspiration from watching Brookside re-runs in a bid to avoid having to pay Hurst and Doig’s severance fees.

I hope S&P haven’t had enough and it’s Fenty who’s resurfacing. Car park can’t be used in case anyone scratches his very expensive mot-ah.
Posted by: Teestogreen, October 26, 2023, 5:21pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from diehardmariner
I think Slade's still trying to connect his laptop to the projector to show his PowerPoint presentation.

Russell had a flip chart - relied on his verbals I think - experienced it.

Been watching England playing cricket today. Looks like we were very capable of batting all the way down no. 11 ( as no. 11 top scored in the last game). Didn’t happen.

You never know - by Sunday night England beat India and Town beat Doncaster - happy days 🤞

Posted by: Sandford1981, October 26, 2023, 5:25pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from Teestogreen

Russell had a flip chart - relied on his verbals I think - experienced it.

Been watching England playing cricket today. Looks like we were very capable of batting all the way down no. 11 ( as no. 11 top scored in the last game). Didn’t happen.

You never know - by Sunday night England beat India and Town beat Doncaster - happy days 🤞

The batters can’t bat..
The bowlers can’t bowl…
And the all rounders can’t do either!

Aside from that we’re doing well!

Posted by: grimsby pete, October 26, 2023, 5:41pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from Sandford1981

The batters can’t bat..
The bowlers can’t bowl…
And the all rounders can’t do either!

Aside from that we’re doing well!

Sack the manager   ;D
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, October 26, 2023, 5:55pm; Reply: 33
Think there are some similarities between GTFC and England 50 overs cricket.

Suspect manager
Players with poor performances
Unclear but changing formations and game plan

The differences are that the England setup is full of arrogant, technically competent players who are more focused on franchise than playing for their country.

Beware English football.
Posted by: moosey_club, October 26, 2023, 5:56pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from Poojah

New board moving swiftly I see, ahead of any car park demonstration demanding "We want Hursty Out" ....getting rid of the trip hazards to avoid any litigation and save thousands.
Smart work.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, October 26, 2023, 6:24pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from moosey_club

New board moving swiftly I see, ahead of any car park demonstration demanding "We want Hursty Out" ....getting rid of the trip hazards to avoid any litigation and save thousands.
Smart work.

Hopefully Stockwood and Pettit aren't stupid enough to get recorded calling one of our strikers a lazy bästárd.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, October 27, 2023, 7:56am; Reply: 36
Quoted from Poojah

It’s obviously the boards way of paraphrasing ‘Papering over the cracks’
Posted by: Ruston AT, October 27, 2023, 12:53pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from moosey_club

Smart work.

If it comes to it, surely our CEO who has football engrained through and through will be the high executioner !
Print page generated: May 9, 2024, 11:09am