Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  The New Fishy  /  
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, October 7, 2023, 5:29pm
A 89th minute header secured a 1-0 away win at Exeter.

( The Shop scored again for York).
Posted by: AdamHaddock, October 7, 2023, 6:06pm; Reply: 1
Hopefully Barnsley are so chuffed they offer £10million for him
Posted by: moosey_club, October 7, 2023, 8:59pm; Reply: 2
Watched the Luton game earlier....they look awful in front of goal and couldn't help think what if...
Posted by: chaos33, October 7, 2023, 10:24pm; Reply: 3
https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/12979466/exeter-city-0-1-barnsley-league-one-highlights
Posted by: toontown, October 8, 2023, 4:39am; Reply: 4
Mcatee looks to have bulked up a bit from that snippet
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, October 8, 2023, 6:25am; Reply: 5
There should be an ex players thread
Posted by: HerveJosse, October 8, 2023, 8:55am; Reply: 6
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
There should be an ex players thread

Not ex enough yet
Posted by: VinnyGTFC, October 8, 2023, 1:08pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from moosey_club
Watched the Luton game earlier....they look awful in front of goal and couldn't help think what if...

What if they played a forward with a bang average National League record who has yet to prove himself at League 2 level. Yep that's what the premier league's missing
Posted by: RonMariner, October 8, 2023, 3:55pm; Reply: 8
Pleased for him. I doubt we would be back in the EFL without his contributions season before last.
Posted by: aldi_01, October 9, 2023, 6:44am; Reply: 9
Quoted from VinnyGTFC

What if they played a forward with a bang average National League record who has yet to prove himself at League 2 level. Yep that's what the premier league's missing

Yet scoring vital goals in league 1…
Posted by: VinnyGTFC, October 9, 2023, 7:30am; Reply: 10
Quoted from aldi_01

Yet scoring vital goals in league 1…

Oh yes scored a couple for Barnsley off the bench. We really do have rose tinted views of ex players. He had a decent season at non league and that is all he has done. If you want to come at me for a couple of Barnsley goals a few games into the season you are really clutching at straws.

Posted by: wuffing, October 9, 2023, 8:34am; Reply: 11
Macatee is class, pure and simple.
Posted by: Son of Cod, October 9, 2023, 7:02pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from VinnyGTFC

LOL yes McAtee's widely regarded bang average season in the NL is a completely sane opinion.
Posted by: chaos33, October 9, 2023, 7:05pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from VinnyGTFC

Oh yes scored a couple for Barnsley off the bench. We really do have rose tinted views of ex players. He had a decent season at non league and that is all he has done. If you want to come at me for a couple of Barnsley goals a few games into the season you are really clutching at straws.

What’s your point Mr ‘educated/informed’ opinion?
Posted by: BenBB, October 9, 2023, 7:20pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from VinnyGTFC

We really do have rose tinted views of ex players.

Because they always seem to bloody score against us!  ;D
Posted by: mariner91, October 9, 2023, 7:59pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from VinnyGTFC

A goal every 2.5 games and being pivotal in a side getting promoted is "bang average"? I've read some shite on here but I think this probably tops it.
Posted by: VinnyGTFC, October 10, 2023, 6:06am; Reply: 16
Quoted from mariner91

A goal every 2.5 games and being pivotal in a side getting promoted is "bang average"? I've read some shite on here but I think this probably tops it.

So the shite on this thread wasn't that McAtee could be Lutons premier league saviour. Give your head a wobble .
Posted by: aldi_01, October 10, 2023, 6:24am; Reply: 17
Quoted from VinnyGTFC

So the shite on this thread wasn't that McAtee could be Lutons premier league saviour. Give your head a wobble .

But you’re merely offering an opinion, not fact. You’re beginning to sound like a jilted lover…
Posted by: Sandford1981, October 10, 2023, 7:51am; Reply: 18
McAtee was excellent for us in the NL and decent for us apart from that.
McAtee is probably at the right level at the moment but he is not premier league standard and I’d bet never will be.
Posted by: VinnyGTFC, October 10, 2023, 7:07pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from aldi_01

But you’re merely offering an opinion, not fact. You’re beginning to sound like a jilted lover…

And you don't make any sense.
Posted by: chaos33, October 10, 2023, 7:47pm; Reply: 20
Mate, you look a bit bitter and a bit daft and a bit ungrateful. Pardon me if I put more stock in the professionals than your view. McAtee is a very good player and is currently proving himself at L1 level. Whether he’s capable of playing higher remains to be seen, but good luck to him. Love him, miss him and wish him well.
Print page generated: May 9, 2024, 11:50pm