Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  The New Fishy  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 6, 2023, 8:27pm

Remember him, Solihull Moors manager in the play-off final at the London Stadium.

Just been appointed manager at struggling York City in the National League.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, September 6, 2023, 8:40pm; Reply: 1
Good appointment for York.  They need it.  Has his work cut out fixing everything. He did well at Solihull, a small club, compared to many.  Only the Mighty Mariners in ET stopped him taking SM in the EFL for the first time.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, September 6, 2023, 8:43pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from promotion plaice

Remember him, Solihull Moors manager in the play-off final at the London Stadium.

Just been appointed manager at struggling York City in the National League.

Good mates with Hurst I think so it could be good for us too.
Posted by: Chalky, September 6, 2023, 10:18pm; Reply: 3
Top bloke Neil,I wish him all the best at York,bit of a topsy turvy time for York fans lately,could be a good appointment for all
Posted by: Croxton, September 6, 2023, 10:21pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Good mates with Hurst I think so it could be good for us too.

'Hi Neal, congrats on getting the York job. I have a loan player for you but I couldn't possibly tell you his name!'
Posted by: Mallyner, September 7, 2023, 9:06am; Reply: 5
Quoted from Croxton

'Hi Neal, congrats on getting the York job. I have a loan player for you but I couldn't possibly tell you his name!'

Zen I vill aff to find out myself Captain Mainwaring.  ;)
Posted by: immariner, September 7, 2023, 11:41am; Reply: 6
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Good appointment for York.  They need it.  Has his work cut out fixing everything. He did well at Solihull, a small club, compared to many.  Only the Mighty Mariners in ET stopped him taking SM in the EFL for the first time.

Small club, decent budget. They've had £7m in losses (as of June 2022 so likely to be a chunk higher now) chasing promotion, covered by directors. Not exactly a shoestring but he did almost do something decent with it. Be surprised if he doesn't turn York around
Posted by: hheh2, September 7, 2023, 5:42pm; Reply: 7
Met Neal at the hotel before the playoff final, I may of let him and his players know there was only one team getting promoted that day, but otherwise was a very professional and respectful fella who nearly turned Solihull into an EFL team (where they prob would have excelled with their type of play) so good luck to him if he sees this!
Print page generated: May 13, 2024, 1:04am