Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  The New Fishy  /  
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, September 4, 2023, 11:12am
Presumably Kamil Conte has been called up by Sierra Leone and will miss Bradford City game, although I’ve not seen anything officially.

Is Eisa on the radar for a call up for Sudan?

Has Harry C been called up by Wales

Anyone know?
Posted by: Hagrid, September 4, 2023, 11:13am; Reply: 1
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
Presumably Kamil Conte has been called up by Sierra Leone and will miss Bradford City game, although I’ve not seen anything officially. Nothing Announced yet but yes probably

Is Eisa on the radar for a call up for Sudan? Probably

Has Harry C been called up by Wales- No

Anyone know?

Posted by: ex-merseymariner, September 4, 2023, 6:32pm; Reply: 2
Wiki says Eisa has had Sudan call ups but never actually played for them, so interesting to guess whether given his form they call him up, and then whether he'd want to go or not.

Anyone know when Khan next has any international games?

Lots of Welsh midfielders younger than Clifton and at a higher level have had caps recently.

Holohan and Hunt for the Republic anyone?
Michee for the DRC?

Posted by: MANCMARINER, September 4, 2023, 6:35pm; Reply: 3
Unless I’m missing something, Conteh doesn’t appear to be in the squad for Monday’s match:

https://www.sportstiger.com/live-football-score/29232/187/gbs-vs-sle-match-158-africa-cup-of-nations-qualification-2023/squad/upcoming
Posted by: Abdul19, September 4, 2023, 6:41pm; Reply: 4
Which is surprising as the entire nation appears to be on that list.
Posted by: ex-merseymariner, September 4, 2023, 6:57pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from MANCMARINER
Unless I’m missing something, Conteh doesn’t appear to be in the squad for Monday’s match:

https://www.sportstiger.com/live-football-score/29232/187/gbs-vs-sle-match-158-africa-cup-of-nations-qualification-2023/squad/upcoming

Bbc website shows its a dead rubber,
s Leone can't qualify so that could explain if Conteh spared a long trip for a meaningless game?

Posted by: Meza, September 4, 2023, 7:12pm; Reply: 6
Yep looks to be called up according to this, which appears to be the only recent one i can find.

https://footballsierraleone.net/2022/09/12/coach-john-keister-names-his-squad-september-friendlies/
Posted by: Son of Cod, September 4, 2023, 7:13pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from ex-merseymariner
Wiki says Eisa has had Sudan call ups but never actually played for them, so interesting to guess whether given his form they call him up, and then whether he'd want to go or not.

Anyone know when Khan next has any international games?

Lots of Welsh midfielders younger than Clifton and at a higher level have had caps recently.

Holohan and Hunt for the Republic anyone?
Michee for the DRC?

Pakistan are playing in the October round of internationals, so he'll probably be back for a few games and then do his ankle on a potato patch of a pitch knowing our luck. It's great that these players are getting this kind of experience but some of the pitches in these far flung international matches make our COVID season pitch look like Wembley.
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, September 4, 2023, 7:26pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Son of Cod

Pakistan are playing in the October round of internationals, so he'll probably be back for a few games and then do his ankle on a potato patch of a pitch knowing our luck. It's great that these players are getting this kind of experience but some of the pitches in these far flung international matches make our COVID season pitch look like Wembley.

You’d struggle to grow potatoes on Cambodia’s pitch. It’s as artificial as Mrs Fenty’s conocos.
Posted by: ginnywings, September 4, 2023, 7:35pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
Presumably Kamil Conte has been called up by Sierra Leone and will miss Bradford City game, although I’ve not seen anything officially.

Is Eisa on the radar for a call up for Sudan?

Has Harry C been called up by Wales

Anyone know?

If those three are called up, we can get a postponement. Doubt it will happen though.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, September 4, 2023, 7:49pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Meza
Yep looks to be called up according to this, which appears to be the only recent one i can find.

https://footballsierraleone.net/2022/09/12/coach-john-keister-names-his-squad-september-friendlies/

Clue is in the link- these friendlies were played last September.
Posted by: Son of Cod, September 4, 2023, 7:54pm; Reply: 11
Absolutely no chance Clifton is getting called up to the Wales senior squad.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, September 4, 2023, 8:20pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from MANCMARINER

I’d love us to sign prince barrie, just for the name if nothing else!!!!

And am surprised that Idris Kanu is still at Barnet. Thought he was supposed to one of the future stars to watch
Posted by: ska face, September 4, 2023, 8:45pm; Reply: 13
Just on the subject of Conteh, his name fits perfectly into the Yaya/Kolo Toure song.

Not sure if the kids in the Pontoon can turn it into a 180bpm gabba version but I’m sure they’ll give it the old college try.
Posted by: CSLM, September 4, 2023, 8:59pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from ska face
Just on the subject of Conteh, his name fits perfectly into the Yaya/Kolo Toure song.

Not sure if the kids in the Pontoon can turn it into a 180bpm gabba version but I’m sure they’ll give it the old college try.

Haha good point mate.
That made me laugh but definitely worth a good go.
Posted by: mimma, September 4, 2023, 10:33pm; Reply: 15
Is that Kamil's brother Lamin in that squad?

Does anyone know who he plays for?
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, September 4, 2023, 11:07pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from mimma
Is that Kamil's brother Lamin in that squad?

Does anyone know who he plays for?

Plays for fc Johansen

Posted by: Poojah, September 5, 2023, 6:30pm; Reply: 17
No official word on Conteh (or Eisa) yet but Clarke Oduor will be missing for Bradford after being called up by Kenya. Bradford fans seem to think he’s been one of their better players so far, and they could also be without Andy Cook and Alex Pattison who have both missed the last couple of games.

https://www.bradfordcityafc.com/news/2023/september/oduor-called-up-for-kenya/
Posted by: Poojah, September 5, 2023, 6:40pm; Reply: 18
Conteh on the bench for tonight’s pointless pizza trophy game. Not sure if there’s much to read into that or not but personally if I had a 15+  hour flight (with connection) to Bissau coming up I’d find the prospect of being in Barnsley a bit of an inconvenience.
Print page generated: May 10, 2024, 6:43am