Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  The New Fishy  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 1, 2023, 9:10pm

Look out of their depth already, losing at home to West Ham tonight.

Can see them well adrift at the bottom by Christmas.

Posted by: dapperz fun pub, September 1, 2023, 9:14pm; Reply: 1
The money coming into the club secures the clubs future for years  so Id say their winning big time overall
Posted by: Azimuth, September 1, 2023, 9:14pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from promotion plaice

To be honest I dont think they will have gone into this with Great Expectations and if they are wise will use the money to build for the future.
Posted by: LocalLadGTFC, September 1, 2023, 9:16pm; Reply: 3
Pragmatic thinking from the club, it was never about this season. The money secured will secure the club for years and improve the infastructure ten fold. The signings they've made is all eyes on next season where they'll hope to bounce straight back up. They won't mind being a yoyo club for a few years.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, September 1, 2023, 9:23pm; Reply: 4

Probably best if we don't reach the Premier league then.
Posted by: aldi_01, September 1, 2023, 9:27pm; Reply: 5
They secured the future of the club for years and work at being in a similar position to someone like Burnley I guess…that said, getting outplayed week in week out is hard to take when you’re used to winning.

Mentally it can be hard to bounce back from, you at least want to compete or give teams a game…
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, September 1, 2023, 9:48pm; Reply: 6

To be fair, they are playing the league leaders and European champions (kind of).
Posted by: oochiad, September 1, 2023, 10:11pm; Reply: 7
They didn’t do to bad really considering West Ham are flying at the moment.
Posted by: grimsby pete, September 1, 2023, 11:25pm; Reply: 8
They will get a new ground out of it at least.

Could be the new Norwich yo. yo. For a few seasons.
Posted by: lukeo, September 2, 2023, 5:40am; Reply: 9
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
The money coming into the club secures the clubs future for years  so Id say their winning big time overall

Agree with this but on the pitch I've watched then twice now and both times they look lost half the time. They're going to get some big beatings this season.
But I'd rather be them than us so fair play to them
Posted by: fishcake63, September 2, 2023, 7:15am; Reply: 10
what they achieved bouncing back from points deductions & dropping into national lge to bounce back into prem i'm not sure can ever be done again & that includes them tools from the welsh valleys , they may go down but they will have heck of a squad to go to war with in championship
Posted by: diehardmariner, September 2, 2023, 8:26am; Reply: 11
Quoted from fishcake63
what they achieved bouncing back from points deductions & dropping into national lge to bounce back into prem i'm not sure can ever be done again & that includes them tools from the welsh valleys , they may go down but they will have heck of a squad to go to war with in championship

Newport?
Posted by: fishcake63, September 2, 2023, 9:51am; Reply: 12
Can be but pardon my welsh not as familier with my geography as you , i do try 🤦🏻‍♂️
Posted by: forza ivano, September 3, 2023, 12:22am; Reply: 13
Quoted from fishcake63

what the hell have Maesteg FC ever done to you?
Posted by: fishcake63, September 3, 2023, 8:55am; Reply: 14
sorry forza & anybody in maesteg if i got geography wrong but i think most understand who i meant even though may have got my bearings slightly off 👍
Print page generated: May 11, 2024, 10:54pm