Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  The New Fishy  /  
Posted by: DB, August 23, 2023, 6:21am
I have just read in the GL about the death of Jon Stell. A true town may he rest in peace.

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/news/grimsby-news/friends-pay-tribute-lifelong-grimsby-8696196

Posted by: dapperz fun pub, August 23, 2023, 12:46pm; Reply: 1
Rip fellow mariner
Posted by: grimsby pete, August 23, 2023, 2:04pm; Reply: 2
RIP. fellow mariner.
Posted by: petethemariner, August 23, 2023, 5:41pm; Reply: 3
I knew John from my time working  at the Car terminal, he genuinely was a really nice lad, no edge to him at all
and a massive Town fan, don't know if anyone on here had seen him driving his transporter, but he had
a massive neon lit Town badge  on the inside of his cab.
Awful to read this news and if Lauren, his girlfriend is reading this, i am so sorry for your loss.
Hope something can be done at the Gills game to remember a true GTFC fan.
Posted by: Heisenberg, August 23, 2023, 7:01pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from petethemariner
I knew John from my time working  at the Car terminal, he genuinely was a really nice lad, no edge to him at all
and a massive Town fan, don't know if anyone on here had seen him driving his transporter, but he had
Awful to read this news and if Lauren, his girlfriend is reading this, i am so sorry for your loss.

Ah, so it was him who had the neon town badge then? Always thought it was cool whenever I saw it.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, August 24, 2023, 11:22am; Reply: 5
Quoted from petethemariner

I regularly saw the town badge in his cab, I’ve drove past him lots and lots of times travelling to and from work, he must have thought I was insane as I used to flash him when approaching and give him the thumbs up ( due to the badge)

R.I.P Jon
Posted by: 140381 (Guest), August 24, 2023, 11:25am; Reply: 6
Bloody hell, 52. RIP.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, August 24, 2023, 11:59am; Reply: 7
One of those faces you recognise at games but not actually know them. They’d give you a quick nod to say hello.

Thoughts go out to his friends and family

RIP fellow mariner
Print page generated: May 10, 2024, 6:39pm