Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: DB, August 18, 2023, 6:37pm
I think this is going to be very interesting, given we lost to them in a cup match the other week. That said, they drew at Donny, a fancied promotion side, while we beat Salford. We are going into this game, with probably a slightly different team that played Mansfield earlier, but one which should have more confidence.

We are in the same position as last year in the league having W1, D1, and L1 so tomorrow should be a good test.
Posted by: moosey_club, August 18, 2023, 6:55pm; Reply: 1
Formation and approach are as key as anything in this. Defended too narrow against them and County and got found out.
Posted by: Mappers, August 18, 2023, 8:16pm; Reply: 2
We will give them a hell of a game - all their injuries and we have Conteh + a fired up Holahan after the cup game ; actually worryingly confident of at least a draw tomorrow , maybe even a decent win (and I am pretty cautious normally ).
Posted by: chaos33, August 18, 2023, 8:47pm; Reply: 3
Looks a very tasty game on paper and should be a great crowd and atmosphere.
Posted by: ginnywings, August 18, 2023, 10:43pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from DB
I think this is going to be very interesting, given we lost to them in a cup match the other week. That said, they drew at Donny, a fancied promotion side, while we beat Salford. We are going into this game, with probably a slightly different team that played Mansfield earlier, but one which should have more confidence.

We are in the same position as last year in the league having W1, D1, and L1 so tomorrow should be a good test.

Donny a fancied promotion side?  :-/

Lost their first two games, conceding 5 and scoring 0, before drawing with Mansfield, which shows Mansfield aint invincible by any means.

Won't be an easy game, but we can beat them.
Posted by: Norseman, August 18, 2023, 11:41pm; Reply: 5
Mansfield have 9 players unavailable .At least 4 are regular starters .I think town have a great chance of taking the 3 PTS UTM
Posted by: forza ivano, August 19, 2023, 12:32am; Reply: 6
oh dear , Town fans getting confident. my money is going on a 2-0 defeat! ;D ;D ;D ;D
Posted by: lukeo, August 19, 2023, 5:33am; Reply: 7
Call me stupid but town are 11/5 to win today. Big odds in my opinion
Posted by: 1mickylyons, August 19, 2023, 8:08am; Reply: 8
Quite excited by today's fixture much like last Saturday feels like a big league game and it's great to feel we can actually win these games now.Cmon Town back to back wins please. The crowd needs to be on it today and get behind the lads from all 4 stands and that will make the difference. UTM
Posted by: GollyGTFC, August 19, 2023, 9:06am; Reply: 9
A great opportunity to get our second home league victory of the season. Something that took us until 10th December to achieve last season.
Posted by: CSLM, August 19, 2023, 2:37pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from lukeo
Call me stupid but town are 11/5 to win today. Big odds in my opinion

Without the injuries they have I can understand them being favourites but with them I do think the odds are a bit out.
I think Mansfield will go up but I agree 11/5 is a decent price for us today.
Print page generated: May 10, 2024, 4:52pm