Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Dodorondon, August 14, 2023, 12:44pm
Another season, same old. Why is it that the GTFC site can never get the table right? I am completely baffled. A five years old kid could assemble it correctly. Who are the GTFC employing.?
Posted by: SteffiMariner, August 14, 2023, 12:51pm; Reply: 1
New stadium
Formation played
Lacking a striker

You should have also included these into your inane criticism of the club.
Posted by: Dodorondon, August 14, 2023, 1:08pm; Reply: 2
It is not inane and not a criticism. Simply unable to understand why the GTFC site cannons get it right.
Posted by: aldi_01, August 14, 2023, 1:21pm; Reply: 3
Who’s looking at league tables at this stage of the season?
Posted by: kevikov, August 14, 2023, 1:26pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from aldi_01

In all fairness, whether you’re looking at the table or not at this point of the season, if you put it on your website, it should really be up to date. More so, if you are a professional football club showing the league table to which you belong.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, August 14, 2023, 1:41pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from aldi_01

Ron at the moment!
Posted by: GrimRob, August 14, 2023, 1:57pm; Reply: 6
The table never lies
Posted by: Chalky, August 14, 2023, 2:33pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from aldi_01

👍😉
Posted by: ginnywings, August 14, 2023, 3:53pm; Reply: 8
We are above Wrexham and Stockport.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, August 14, 2023, 3:53pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Dodorondon
Another season, same old. Why is it that the GTFC site can never get the table right? I am completely baffled. A five years old kid could assemble it correctly. Who are the GTFC employing.?

Is it wrong or have the EFL introduced a policy where after points it’s alphabetic order that decides league positions and not goal difference.

Maybe to be on the safe side we should rename ourselves AFC Grimsby Town?
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, August 14, 2023, 4:10pm; Reply: 10
They don't want to show the correct table as results stand because someone will start moaning that we are not good enough, or Hurst out.

P.S.   There is a contact box at the bottom of the web site to report errors. (or incompetency in some peoples eyes.)

UTM
Posted by: SteffiMariner, August 14, 2023, 4:55pm; Reply: 11
For those that feel the need for a league table, if you bookmark this site: https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/league-two
then you should be able to get what you need. This also has attendance info,, and after a few games incorporates a prediction of where a club will finish, which is quite good.
Posted by: DB, August 14, 2023, 6:14pm; Reply: 12
When all is said and done the table doesn't really matter until the end of the season and as long as we are in the top 7, preferably the top 3 then we shouldn't worry.
Posted by: Chalky, August 14, 2023, 6:44pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from DB
When all is said and done the table doesn't really matter until the end of the season and as long as we are in the top 7, preferably the top 3 then we shouldn't worry.

I definitely don’t want either Notts or Grimsby in the top seven,top three is fine by me but what with Towns love of late goals at ML and gods knows how many minutes added my nails will down to the nub and back on the fags
Posted by: Azimuth, August 14, 2023, 7:27pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Is it wrong or have the EFL introduced a policy where after points it’s alphabetic order that decides league positions and not goal difference.

Maybe to be on the safe side we should rename ourselves AFC Grimsby Town?

AAfc Grimsby Town to be on the safe side.
Posted by: heppy88, August 14, 2023, 7:53pm; Reply: 15
The table is unimportant. But, if you are including it then it should be right. Otherwise it just looks amateur hour. I think that's what the OP was getting at. It would have been these things that would have been thrown at Fenty, under his tenure, to demonstrate his poor running of the club. Should be an easy and cost free thing to put right and if not needed, just take it down.
Posted by: sydney, August 14, 2023, 8:05pm; Reply: 16
3rd from bottom will do me
44 to go 😀
Come on Town!!
Print page generated: May 10, 2024, 11:11am