Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Non Football  /  
Posted by: Sandford1981, July 26, 2023, 7:18pm
Died aged 56.

Sad news.

What a excrement week
Posted by: chaos33, July 26, 2023, 7:22pm; Reply: 1
Wow. Think she’s had a life filled with trauma, abuse and loss. Really sad story, bless her.
Posted by: ginnywings, July 26, 2023, 9:08pm; Reply: 2
Above all, she was a fantastic singer. Sad news.

R.I.P.
Posted by: DB, July 26, 2023, 11:58pm; Reply: 3
R.I.P
Posted by: grimsby pete, July 27, 2023, 5:55pm; Reply: 4
Nothing compares one of my all time favourites. RIP. Sinead.
Posted by: Sandford1981, July 27, 2023, 6:50pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from grimsby pete
Nothing compares one of my all time favourites. RIP. Sinead.

An all time classic Pete, it’s one of my favourites too. Such a sad waste and on the back of Tony Bennett, Chris Bart-Williams and Trevor Francis too. Rubbish week!
Posted by: Humbercod, July 28, 2023, 8:48pm; Reply: 6
Very sad 😞
I enjoyed this tribute from Russel Crow for anyone that hasn’t seen it -

Sitting outside a pub with a group of friends, "a woman with purpose strode past us," Crowe recalled. "Puffy parker zipped to the nape and her bowed head covered in a scarf. One of my new friends muttered an exclamation, jumped up and pursued the woman. Thirty metres down the road the friend and the woman embraced and he (waved) me over. There under streetlights with mist on my breath, I met Sinéad. She looked in my eyes, and uttered with disarming softness, 'Oh, it’s you, Russell.'"

O'Connor came back with Crowe and his friend to their table, where she ordered a hot tea and proceeded to talk about everything from American politics to pop culture.
"I had the opportunity to tell her she was a hero of mine," Crowe continued. "When her second cup was taking on the night air, she rose, embraced us all and strode away into the fog-dimmed streetlights. We sat there the four of us and variously expressed the same thing: What an amazing woman. Peace be with your courageous heart, Sinéad."
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, July 29, 2023, 3:33pm; Reply: 7
Another too early loss. As well as her own compositions, I love her covers of jazz standards on Am I Not Your Girl, and her little known reggae covers album Throw Down Your Arms. RIP
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, July 29, 2023, 5:51pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Humbercod
Very sad 😞
I enjoyed this tribute from Russel Crow for anyone that hasn’t seen it -

Sitting outside a pub with a group of friends, "a woman with purpose strode past us," Crowe recalled. "Puffy parker zipped to the nape and her bowed head covered in a scarf. One of my new friends muttered an exclamation, jumped up and pursued the woman. Thirty metres down the road the friend and the woman embraced and he (waved) me over. There under streetlights with mist on my breath, I met Sinéad. She looked in my eyes, and uttered with disarming softness, 'Oh, it’s you, Russell.'"

O'Connor came back with Crowe and his friend to their table, where she ordered a hot tea and proceeded to talk about everything from American politics to pop culture.
"I had the opportunity to tell her she was a hero of mine," Crowe continued. "When her second cup was taking on the night air, she rose, embraced us all and strode away into the fog-dimmed streetlights. We sat there the four of us and variously expressed the same thing: What an amazing woman. Peace be with your courageous heart, Sinéad."

Dear Mr H Cod,

Your input this week has been funny, moving and interesting in equal measure.

Lovely to see.

Lots of love

KAFV
Print page generated: May 10, 2024, 12:18pm