Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, July 12, 2023, 1:01pm
https://www.hornchurchfc.com/2023/07/sean-scannell-signs/
Posted by: DB, July 12, 2023, 1:23pm; Reply: 1
I wish him well but it's a big drop from League 2 to Isthmian League. I would have thought he might have got picked up by a NL club or at least NLS club.
Posted by: diehardmariner, July 12, 2023, 1:24pm; Reply: 2
38 league games in the last four seasons is the reason he's at that level.  

Shame as appears to be a genuinely decent human being.
Posted by: Sandford1981, July 12, 2023, 1:28pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from DB
I wish him well but it's a big drop from League 2 to Isthmian League. I would have thought he might have got picked up by a NL club or at least NLS club.

Not playing is not playing wherever your club sits in the pyramid. His ability has never been in question has it!?  it’s just he’s been unbelievably unlucky with rotten injuries.
I hope for him he’s able to get some game time after he’s endured a tough couple of years.
Posted by: Gainsbro_Mariner, July 12, 2023, 3:22pm; Reply: 4
I'd imagine a big pull for Scannell to go there was the fact they've recently appointed former Cardiff City manager Steve Morrison, who was only in charge their as recently as last September. Like Scannell he's another ex Football League stalwart and had spells at Millwall, Norwich and Leeds so would have played against him quite a lot.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, July 12, 2023, 3:49pm; Reply: 5
Wish Scanz all the best. For an all too brief period, he showed us exactly what he was capable of. That Maidenhead game was memorable for all the wrong reasons 🙁
Posted by: forza ivano, July 12, 2023, 6:57pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Gainsbro_Mariner
I'd imagine a big pull for Scannell to go there was the fact they've recently appointed former Cardiff City manager Steve Morrison, who was only in charge their as recently as last September. Like Scannell he's another ex Football League stalwart and had spells at Millwall, Norwich and Leeds so would have played against him quite a lot.

I'd imagine a big pull was the wages they're paying and their geographical location
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, July 12, 2023, 7:27pm; Reply: 7
If he can stay fit he’ll rip that league up
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, July 12, 2023, 8:59pm; Reply: 8
Think he’s a decent bloke

His performances in Premier league suggest that if fit he would be playing miles above Hornchurch.
He leaves us with the best wishes of all.
Posted by: toontown, July 12, 2023, 10:07pm; Reply: 9
Absolutely goes with my best wishes but have to say that I imagine teams higher up were only offering pay as you play deals, hence the drop. That's my guess anyway
Posted by: jamesgtfc, July 12, 2023, 10:58pm; Reply: 10
He could have been medically retired. I imagine he earned decent money earlier in his career and the chance of a decent pay day full-time has almost certainly gone. Playing part-time allows him to chase other passions, he looked like a brilliant mentor in a video doing the rounds a while back.
Print page generated: May 10, 2024, 3:39pm