Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, July 8, 2023, 1:34pm
Playing in the final.  1700 hrs on Channel 4.  
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 8, 2023, 4:43pm; Reply: 1

Come on England
Posted by: Maringer, July 8, 2023, 5:41pm; Reply: 2
I missed the first 5 minutes, but it's been a bit niggly and dull. Both teams giving the ball away sloppily and looking pretty pedestrian.
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 8, 2023, 6:00pm; Reply: 3

Get in, 1-0 England then it all kicks off.

Posted by: TownSNAFU5, July 8, 2023, 6:00pm; Reply: 4
1-0 England at HT with a very late goal.  Spain better.  Lots of cards.  Ashley Cole got a red as part of the coaching staff.
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, July 8, 2023, 6:03pm; Reply: 5
Stuart Pearce looks like he needs a shelter for the night
Posted by: Gaffer58, July 8, 2023, 6:17pm; Reply: 6
As Ashley Cole got sent off before half time, when it is actually half time is he allowed into the changing room or is he not allowed anywhere near the players?
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, July 8, 2023, 6:29pm; Reply: 7
Just spotted a town flag behind the onion bag to the left
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, July 8, 2023, 7:02pm; Reply: 8
Well that was entertaining
Posted by: TAGG, July 8, 2023, 7:06pm; Reply: 9
WOW
Absolutely fantastic.
Well done lads.
Posted by: It Bites, July 8, 2023, 7:07pm; Reply: 10
Great win . Great save , poor pen tbf , awful disapline from Spain . Spoilt little fuckerz
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, July 8, 2023, 7:08pm; Reply: 11
Need pen and paper just to record the red cards.  Great record not to concede in any game.

Spain impressive but we saw them off.
Posted by: LH, July 8, 2023, 7:08pm; Reply: 12
Tuned in for the last five mins. Amazing!
Posted by: AndyGTFC, July 8, 2023, 7:11pm; Reply: 13
Town flag making a cheeky cameo during the post match scenes too 😉

Nice to see us get over the line for a change.
Posted by: jimgtfc, July 8, 2023, 7:31pm; Reply: 14
You do get the feeling the tide is slowly turning with this England set up. We’ve had a lot of success recently in the junior teams, can’t be long surely before that transmits to the ever improving full team.
Posted by: Maringer, July 8, 2023, 8:24pm; Reply: 15
I thought Colwill was the pick, even though he gave away the penalty. Rather disappointed with Palmer who just tried to win free-kicks and wasted a couple of opportunities because he didn't want to use his right foot. The lad with the headscarf who came on looked good. Can't remember his name.
Posted by: Heisenberg, July 8, 2023, 9:01pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Maringer
I thought Colwill was the pick, even though he gave away the penalty. Rather disappointed with Palmer who just tried to win free-kicks and wasted a couple of opportunities because he didn't want to use his right foot. The lad with the headscarf who came on looked good. Can't remember his name.

Madueke?
Posted by: Maringer, July 9, 2023, 9:07am; Reply: 17
Yep, that's the one. Strong, quick and tricky. A player to keep an eye on, I think.

Whenever I watch an U21 game, I'm always hoping to see a nascent Harry Kane, but there wasn't a player with that sort of a potential on the pitch for us yesterday. Luckily, he should have a few years in him yet and Rashford and Saka will hopefully keep scoring for a good few years after that, but it would be nice to see some other good young goalscorers coming through.
Print page generated: May 10, 2024, 8:49am