Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Mariner_501, June 24, 2023, 2:06pm
Enjoying the sun and the current topic of conversation is Phil Barnes. 3 of us town fans who weren’t friends when Phil Barnes played for us. 2 of us seem to think that Barnes was missing a finger. Any truth in this or just an urban legend?
Posted by: ska face, June 24, 2023, 2:08pm; Reply: 1
Bumped into him in the Punch & Judy, Covent Garden after the Football League Trophy final. Can confirm all fingers in tact & he was smoking like a chimney.
Posted by: LocalLadGTFC, June 24, 2023, 2:09pm; Reply: 2
He is missing the top of his index finger on his left hand
Posted by: LocalLadGTFC, June 24, 2023, 2:10pm; Reply: 3
Only missing about two inches, but that's a huge amount... or so I like to tell myself.
Posted by: Poojah, June 24, 2023, 2:12pm; Reply: 4
I own a signed Phil Barnes KitKat, read into that what you wish. £80 ONO.

I also own a cocaine-soiled John Smith’s beer mat signed by one Barry John Conlon, courtesy of the former proprietor of the Owl pub, Rodley (where he was a regular during his time with us). I’ll give you £80 to take it off my hands.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, June 24, 2023, 4:00pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from ska face
Bumped into him in the Punch & Judy, Covent Garden after the Football League Trophy final. Can confirm all fingers in tact & he was smoking like a chimney.

Was that the one where that polish lad couldn’t get us around on his rickshaw?
Posted by: RichMariner, June 24, 2023, 4:07pm; Reply: 6
I remember when we signed Barnes. Think we got him from Sheff Ute’s reserves just after they made it to the PL.

Hence Town’s official site declaring ‘Premier League keeper signs for the Mariners!’  ;D
Posted by: chaos33, June 24, 2023, 5:39pm; Reply: 7
Phil Barnes was an ‘apprentice’ at Rotherham, and I used to teach him his GNVQ Leisure and Tourism on his ‘day release’ day. Nice lad.
Print page generated: May 12, 2024, 11:19pm