Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, June 23, 2023, 5:42pm
https://gtfc.co.uk/rodgers-joins-on-three-year-deal/?fbclid=IwAR0DgeMtbA-bE0HyRVwIx-Pi9jbAG0cbpHKLIdznB3ohgP6vuX6CJGZR5H4
He can play anywhere across the back line and he played both left and right back last season.

Does this put any Bennett rumours to rest now? "The Mariners are delighted to announce the signing of defender Harvey Rodgers from Accrington Stanley on a three-year deal after his contract with them came to an end." He can play anywhere across the back line and he played both left and right back last season. “He has, though, been predominantly brought in as a centre back."
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, June 23, 2023, 5:47pm; Reply: 1
Think this guy replaces Waterfall for me, I'd not be surprised to see Luke leave, but Bennett ain't gonna sign to be a bench warmer, so its either Waterfall out the door and Bennett in or Bennett ain't signing imo.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, June 23, 2023, 5:52pm; Reply: 2
Has anyone considered Mullarkey might be played in a defensive midfield role in a 4-1-4-1?
Posted by: moosey_club, June 23, 2023, 5:58pm; Reply: 3
Welcome aboard Harvey Rodgerss

Posted by: louth_in_the_south, June 23, 2023, 6:05pm; Reply: 4
Never heard of him before the last couple of days but sounds like a really good signing.
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, June 23, 2023, 6:07pm; Reply: 5
Not seen him play but his stats look great,  could be a stand out signing!
Posted by: ginnywings, June 23, 2023, 6:10pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
Never heard of him before the last couple of days but sounds like a really good signing.

You aint got a Clodagh?

Four forwards, two defenders so far.

3yr deal, so PH must rate him.

Welcome Harvey.

Posted by: grimsby pete, June 23, 2023, 6:24pm; Reply: 7
We are getting a good squad together well Paul is ,  :P

Welcome Harvey I hope your stay is a long and happy one.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, June 23, 2023, 6:40pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from ginnywings

You aint got a Clodagh?

Four forwards, two defenders so far.

3yr deal, so PH must rate him.

Welcome Harvey.

No I ain’t got a Clodagh . Whatever that means 🤣
Where can I get one ? The club shop ?
Posted by: GyMariner, June 23, 2023, 7:17pm; Reply: 9
Described as your typical lower league versatility player according to BBC Lancs, not particularly an expert in any one position or technically gifted enough to play it out from the back. Sounds like he can do a job and will put his body on the line.
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, June 23, 2023, 7:23pm; Reply: 10
Seem to be getting every target on our list so far this transfer window
Posted by: GrimExile, June 23, 2023, 7:24pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from louth_in_the_south

No I ain’t got a Clodagh . Whatever that means 🤣
Where can I get one ? The club shop ?

You’re obviously too young!! Clodagh Rodgers is/was a singer having hits in the 60’s. Glad to be of help!! 😀😀😀
Posted by: RonMariner, June 23, 2023, 8:52pm; Reply: 12
Now we have Rodgers we should be Allright Now.
Posted by: RonMariner, June 23, 2023, 8:53pm; Reply: 13
Even though he wasn’t Free.
Posted by: HerveJosse, June 23, 2023, 9:03pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from RonMariner
Even though he wasn’t Free.

Came cos off our superior prospects
Posted by: Teesknees, June 23, 2023, 9:13pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from RonMariner
Now we have Rodgers we should be Allright Now.

As long as he has a good attitude and doesn't think he's Mr big!
Posted by: jimgtfc, June 23, 2023, 9:21pm; Reply: 16
So is it Rogers, Rodger, Roger or Rodgers?
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, June 23, 2023, 9:29pm; Reply: 17
Another handsome chap - we are really going for pleasing the ladies this window…and other genders who will find them attractive  of course…
Posted by: Heisenberg, June 23, 2023, 9:46pm; Reply: 18
Anybody who mentions any link to the band Free again is a genuine legend in my eyes!

Now, I’m off to the Wishing Well to keep up the eternal hope of a return for Ryan Bennett.
Posted by: Bigdog, June 23, 2023, 10:19pm; Reply: 19
Seem to be getting every target on our list so far this transfer window

Pattison would have been a good addition.. but nice to be doing business early for a change..
Posted by: Teesknees, June 23, 2023, 10:37pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Heisenberg
Anybody who mentions any link to the band Free again is a genuine legend in my eyes!

Now, I’m off to the Wishing Well to keep up the eternal hope of a return for Ryan Bennett.

Its good that you can show a little bit of love to other members, it would be good to meet, maybe we should come together in the morning, but I might find your just bad company!?
Posted by: Madeleymariner, June 23, 2023, 11:13pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Heisenberg

My brother Jake says we have a keeper officially signing on Tuesday
Posted by: moosey_club, June 24, 2023, 12:10am; Reply: 22
Quoted from Limerick Mariner
Another handsome chap - we are really going for pleasing the ladies this window…and other genders who will find them attractive  of course…

Tut Tut....go and sit yourself on the naughty step...not including non binary...Tut tut
Posted by: male private Johnson, June 24, 2023, 7:36am; Reply: 23
Quoted from jimgtfc
So is it Rogers, Rodger, Roger or Rodgers?

It’s Rodgerses.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, June 24, 2023, 7:48am; Reply: 24
Quoted from GrimExile

You’re obviously too young!! Clodagh Rodgers is/was a singer having hits in the 60’s. Glad to be of help!! 😀😀😀

Ha ha ok I forgot the average age of the fishy has been investigated and it was about 65 !

I’ve just googled her and by jingo I’ve got a semi . In fact just off to knock one out . Thanks for the heads up 🤣
Posted by: OddShapedBalls, June 24, 2023, 8:01am; Reply: 25
53 appearances last season at a higher level AND he's already suffixed the 's' onto his name for us, great signing
Posted by: rancido, June 24, 2023, 8:03am; Reply: 26
Quoted from Heisenberg

I've just told my brother Jake about this signing.
Posted by: golfer, June 24, 2023, 8:21am; Reply: 27
I notice we are giving 3 year contracts out- obviously looking to the future. That lad from Hull will be coming on loan probably as reserve goalie. Going by the transfers it looks as though Hurst is trying to get a more settled team instead of getting loan players in to fill the gaps.
Posted by: moosey_club, June 24, 2023, 8:57am; Reply: 28
Quoted from golfer
Going by the transfers it looks as though Hurst is trying to get a more settled team instead of getting loan players in to fill the gaps.

More pertinently I think having our own actual experienced front line rather than a series of young loanees will be the telling part.
Posted by: fishcake63, June 24, 2023, 9:41am; Reply: 29
Quoted from Madeleymariner

My brother Jake says we have a keeper officially signing on Tuesday

yes goes by the name of jake 🤗
Posted by: Stew0_0, June 24, 2023, 12:03pm; Reply: 30
Listening to the Radio Lancashire's description of him he sounds Carl Magnay and Elliott Hewitt-esque. Can play anywhere across the back line and be dependable, not afraid to block, head and tackle like Waterfall but versatile to play centre half and full back so would be very useful in the team or as an only defensive cover substitute to allow more attacking minded on the bench.
Wouldn't say he's been out standout signing but very useful especially if we end up playing a similar amount of games like last season. He's also a good age and brings height to the team which at the moment isn't particularly tall.
Welcome to the Mariners, the fans are gonna love ya
Posted by: lukeo, June 24, 2023, 1:17pm; Reply: 31
My uncle Jake just rang, new signing Monday not Tuesday as he told his brother apparently
Posted by: GrimPol, June 24, 2023, 2:54pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Think this guy replaces Waterfall for me, I'd not be surprised to see Luke leave, but Bennett ain't gonna sign to be a bench warmer, so its either Waterfall out the door and Bennett in or Bennett ain't signing imo.

Luke Waterfall will be 33 when we kick off the new season with 1 year contract left, so I can see the baton being handed over (in slo-mo) during the 2023-24 season. Harvey Rodgers, at 26, has an engine more durable (should have more)  than LW, however, LW has the Knowledge.
As for Ryan Bennet, he is of the same age as LW, so not the future. Still a great player though.
Shame that Use By Dates on players are short, you get all that knowledge and then your legs give up.
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, June 24, 2023, 5:16pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from GrimPol

Luke Waterfall will be 33 when we kick off the new season with 1 year contract left, so I can see the baton being handed over (in slo-mo) during the 2023-24 season. Harvey Rodgers, at 26, has an engine more durable (should have more)  than LW, however, LW has the Knowledge.
As for Ryan Bennet, he is of the same age as LW, so not the future. Still a great player though.
Shame that Use By Dates on players are short, you get all that knowledge and then your legs give up.

Unless that knowledge is so superlative that you are a mind reader of the player in possession of the ball then you can play walking football and are called Fuchenstein…

Posted by: GrimPol, June 24, 2023, 10:42pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

Unless that knowledge is so superlative that you are a mind reader of the player in possession of the ball then you can play walking football and are called Fuchenstein…

Luke is a great asset in our and the opposition's penalty areas. Reads the game well, and is a student of sh#thousery.
Posted by: OddShapedBalls, June 26, 2023, 12:19pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from GrimPol

Luke is a great asset in our and the opposition's penalty areas. Reads the game well, and is a student of sh#thousery.

Do we need a new 'Sh!thousery' award to be presented at the end of season bash,  sponsored by the fishy?  Maybe a bronze figure of Orsi with his broken back at Southampton....
Print page generated: May 9, 2024, 10:28pm