Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: grimps, May 26, 2023, 11:16pm
I’m not sure if this is correct or not but I would have hoped we’d have had a more competitive budget then this.

Maybe Hurst didn’t want more money to spend and what he did spend he spent well but I can’t see us going for promotion with one of the smallest playing budgets next season
Posted by: Mappers, May 26, 2023, 11:40pm; Reply: 1
It's somebody predicting the wage bill .
It's well off , anyone can recognise that

Some are believable , that we are on par with Sutton snd Harogate are not .

That some are spending such a low amout is off ,Salford are doing a lot more than that and I assume more are .
Posted by: RonMariner, May 27, 2023, 12:02am; Reply: 2
Possibly explains why two of our January targets opted for Hartlepool and Rochdale if true. Their budgets seem a third higher than ours.

Not that it did them much good though.
Posted by: chaos33, May 27, 2023, 4:33am; Reply: 3
My suspicion is that the data above is complete cobblers.
Do our current owners strike you as the type of people who would not operate at a competitive budget?
Even if it were possible to acquire those figures down to the pound, and I don’t believe it is, there’s no way in my mind that we would be trying to do L2 on the cheap and offering lower salaries that at least half of those teams.
Posted by: aldi_01, May 27, 2023, 7:04am; Reply: 4
I’d imagine those figures are simply made up, and besides, several of the teams with the lower budget found themselves promoted or almost promoted so not entirely sure what they’re tying to prove.
Posted by: LH, May 27, 2023, 7:13am; Reply: 5
The numbers might be correct as they could be taken from the accounts. They’d be a year out of date if they were and would show Conference wages.
Posted by: Bigdog, May 27, 2023, 7:18am; Reply: 6
Quoted from LH
The numbers might be correct as they could be taken from the accounts. They’d be a year out of date if they were and would show Conference wages.

That's what I was thinking, and in that context look very believable as calcuable estimates..
Posted by: GollyGTFC, May 27, 2023, 7:47am; Reply: 7
It’s utter rubbish lifted from a website called capology.
Posted by: lukeo, May 27, 2023, 8:15am; Reply: 8
Taken from football manager perhaps?
Posted by: aussiej, May 27, 2023, 8:25am; Reply: 9
I guess with all things like this it's what you want to believe...
Posted by: Mappers, May 27, 2023, 9:28am; Reply: 10
Quoted from LH

The could not be taken from this years as some teams have not even published .I think it's fictional though the numbers anyway - the amount a lot of clubs are losing would not add up + quite a few of league 2 clubs have borrowed or had substantial cash injections from board members .

Pie in the sky that lot for me .
Posted by: LocalLadGTFC, May 27, 2023, 10:23am; Reply: 11
Quoted from lukeo
Taken from football manager perhaps?

Mid table wage bill and a starting transfer budget of 275,000 on football manager 😅
Posted by: moosey_club, May 27, 2023, 10:34am; Reply: 12
Just an extra thought....given that we have 5,6,7 loans over a season then wages there are either non existent or greatly reduced if we only pay a portion .
Mcatee a case in point this season.
Posted by: Civvy at last, May 27, 2023, 11:13am; Reply: 13
I think someone watched the team play a few times last season Then guessed what their wages would be.  They probably only watched us at home 😉
Posted by: Rob_in_Grimsby, May 27, 2023, 11:28am; Reply: 14
This spreadsheet is sent to every league club within the devision at the end of the season from the FL
The total wage bill for each club is listed but the only club named is your own and all the others are blank. This so so the club can gauge their wage bill against the rest of the league. The original poster obviously guested who is who but would no way be accurate.

Before anyone asks I may have seen this document in the past :)
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 27, 2023, 12:54pm; Reply: 15
What’s the point of looking backwards?
Posted by: Civvy at last, May 27, 2023, 1:00pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from HertsGTFC
What’s the point of looking backwards?

It’s a great help when you are reversing !!
Print page generated: May 5, 2024, 9:59am