Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Mariner_09, March 20, 2023, 12:29pm
Given yesterday will have taken a lot of the lads both physically and emotionally, I wonder what side Hursty will pick. We barely had the ball and it would have been demoralising seeing us that outclassed.

Crocombe

Smith    Waterfall     Maher

Emmanuel   Hunt   Green   Harry    Amos

Lloyd           Taylor

I think Michee needs a rest, he's played as much as anyone. Amos isn't much of a downgrade on Glennon and I don't think it'll do Holohan or Otis any harm to be rested for a home game on Saturday either. Lloyd and Taylor looked really good at Sutton, would love to see that revived. I sense there's an issue with McAtee of some description so not expecting to start

I'm not expecting much from Wednesday. They're still right in the playoff hunt, we're very comfortable and very mid table.
Posted by: Son of Cod, March 20, 2023, 12:41pm; Reply: 1
I actually think we've got enough in the tank to go and get a result. Mansfield are indeed up there but they aren't playing particularly well by all accounts. I think Waterfall, Efete and Maher are due rests so that's a slight area of concern however I think beyond that there's depth to pick the majority of a starting eleven from players that didn't start on Sunday. At least we're not going all the way to Carlisle like we were after the Southampton match too. I like the look of that lineup, would be happy to see that and I don't think you'll be far wrong.
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, March 20, 2023, 5:41pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Mariner_09
Given yesterday will have taken a lot of the lads both physically and emotionally, I wonder what side Hursty will pick. We barely had the ball and it would have been demoralising seeing us that outclassed.

Crocombe

Lloyd           Taylor

I think Michee needs a rest, he's played as much as anyone. Amos isn't much of a downgrade on Glennon and I don't think it'll do Holohan or Otis any harm to be rested for a home game on Saturday either. Lloyd and Taylor looked really good at Sutton, would love to see that revived. I sense there's an issue with McAtee of some description so not expecting to start

I'm not expecting much from Wednesday. They're still right in the playoff hunt, we're very comfortable and very mid table.

I'd also go with that. Thought Smith did ok yesterday. We won't have McAtee next season but we might have Lloyd...

Posted by: lukeo, March 21, 2023, 5:31am; Reply: 3
Quoted from Mariner_09

Crocombe

Lloyd           Taylor

I like that line up. Although I'd be happy for Holohan or McAtee ahead of Taylor. McAtee might not be here next season but until its mathematically impossible to go down or reach the play offs PH will I'm sure play what he feels is his best XI
Posted by: diehardmariner, March 21, 2023, 10:27am; Reply: 4
Clifton needs a rest.  A proper rest.  

I'd like to see Khouri get a run of games.

Would love to see the running stats for the Town lads on Sunday, but I imagine they definitely clocked up a fair few miles just chasing shadows.
Posted by: TAGG, March 21, 2023, 11:11am; Reply: 5
Same a Sutton would do me.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, March 21, 2023, 11:38am; Reply: 6
Quoted from Mariner_09

Crocombe

Lloyd           Taylor

Khouri for Harry and I'd go with that.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, March 21, 2023, 11:58am; Reply: 7
                   Crocombe
        Smith       Pearson       Maher
Emmanuel                                   Amos
              Hunt            Morris
        McAtee                     Khouri
                     Lloyd

Subs: Glennon, Waterfall, Green, Clifton, Khan, Orsi & Taylor.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, March 21, 2023, 12:09pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from GollyGTFC
                   Crocombe
        Smith       Pearson       Maher
Emmanuel                                   Amos
              Hunt            Morris
        McAtee                     Khouri
                     Lloyd

Subs: Glennon, Waterfall, Green, Clifton, Khan, Orsi & Taylor.

I think what Mariner 09 posted at the top of the thread works for me, though he's a top bloke I'm not sure why you would drop the captain of the side and replace him with Shaun Pearson.
Print page generated: May 11, 2024, 9:41am