Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: GrimRob, March 18, 2023, 9:16pm
The semi-final draw takes place live after the final whistle of our game on BBC One. Who do you want?

If it's not us then I want Brighton to win as at least I can see we lost to the eventual winners. Not sure when that last happened.

Man Utd won't have played then so I hope Man City draw Man Utd/Fulham and the other semi is hopefully an all-EFL affair.

1983 was Man Utd v Brighton, 40 years on it could be Man Utd v the winners of our tie.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, March 18, 2023, 9:20pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from GrimRob
The semi-final draw takes place live after the final whistle of our game on BBC One. Who do you want?

If it's not us then I want Brighton to win as at least I can see we lost to the eventual winners. Not sure when that last happened.

Man Utd won't have played then so I hope Man City draw Man Utd/Fulham and the other semi is hopefully an all-EFL affair.

1983 was Man Utd v Brighton, 40 years on it could be Man Utd v the winners of our tie.

I think it happened with Wolves in the league cup
Posted by: toontown, March 19, 2023, 6:03am; Reply: 2
Quoted from GrimRob

If its us I hope its Blackburn just to give the Met less of a headache!
Posted by: aldi_01, March 19, 2023, 7:15am; Reply: 3
Quoted from toontown

If its us I hope its Blackburn just to give the Met less of a headache!

Judging the Met in recent revelations I’d imagine they’re very much preoccupied with photographing murder victims and getting all handsy with vulnerable women…
Posted by: pizzzza, March 19, 2023, 7:35am; Reply: 4
Quoted from GrimRob

I had the wondered the same a while back and looked into this. Since Arsenal beat us in the 1936 semi and went on to win it we have only been knocked out by the eventual winners once, a 4th round defeat to Nottingham Forest on their way to winning in 1958/9.
Posted by: The Caterham Mariner, March 19, 2023, 7:44am; Reply: 5
If ...i dont care who in a semi final we would get in the draw
First.deal with Brighton game then think whats round the next corner.
The dream is still alive, we got a mention on BBC Radio 2 news
To be honest dread Man City
The Dream a Grimsby VS Sheffield FA Cup especially  for the Mcetee brothers
UTM
Posted by: TheFryingSquad, March 19, 2023, 9:58am; Reply: 6
By kick off time we’ll be in the last 6.  8)
Posted by: GrimRob, March 19, 2023, 10:33pm; Reply: 7
We just missed Man Utd again. Sick of saying it was 1948 when we last played them.
Print page generated: May 12, 2024, 10:01pm